Are we being ruled out too early. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being ruled out too early.

NFLN has talked so much about the Jets the past week. Everytime I turn the channel on they were at Jets Camp or a Rex Ryan press conf or talking about them. I've seen more about them then the Packers, Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Colts. Man I hope they start 2-4 or 1-5 only beating the Raiders and/or Cowboys...that would be amazing. Probably not happening..but I wish.

Didn't Vegas or some odds makers give us 7.5 wins this year? They are typically close although you can never predict what will happen. I do feel that we have improved but not as much as some people think. We are depending on rookies in Pouncey, Clay, Gates, and DT to do a lot. Then throw in Bush and the ? at QB and I could see how so called experts expect us to be 3rd in the division. I'm hoping all of our rookies produce and Henne settles down, if not we may finish .500.

Our two biggest holes last year were O line and yes, RB. I have seen some OL improvemant but Bush is not the answer at RB. If anything it shows the regime still plans to count on Henne to checkdown to Reggie Bush all year, UGH. If the Oline gives Chad time, and we average 100 yards per game this is a 10-6 team. Those are HUGE if's I know!

we will never get respect until we compete consistently

This.

I personally think we have a chance to be contenders this year, but why should anybody give us any respect? We've been nobody for quite awhile now. Anyways, this team is better off flying under the radar. Who cares what the media thinks? Do you think we can be competitive? Then that's all that matters. The self-proclaimed experts don't decide the out come of the games. 99% of this forum knows more about the Dolphins than the "experts."

Didn't Vegas or some odds makers give us 7.5 wins this year? They are typically close although you can never predict what will happen. I do feel that we have improved but not as much as some people think. We are depending on rookies in Pouncey, Clay, Gates, and DT to do a lot. Then throw in Bush and the ? at QB and I could see how so called experts expect us to be 3rd in the division. I'm hoping all of our rookies produce and Henne settles down, if not we may finish .500.

I think people on this board have also grown expectations for daboll and the system he's implementing

To be fair, I'm a huge Marlins, Panthers, and Canes fan. I just hate the Dolphins and Heat.

And you took a shot at the Philly/Dolphin fan with your priorities all mixed up lol

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

What fumbling concerns does Daniel Thomas have? Legit question because this is the first time I've heard about it...

I believe it has been said he runs high obviously, but I think he had 7 fumbles in his first year starting, then a couple more this past year.

I was watching Total Access and the crew were discussing the Pats & Jets as if they were the only 2 competing for division.

Lombardi was very critical, Stating O'line was not good, Bush would not be every down back & DT is cause for concern due to fumbling issues. Henne was not even mentioned and he believes we would decline this year.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the Jets have an ageing roster, have lost Ellis, Woody, Edwards & Cotchery and are considered run aways for 1st/2nd spot. I just dont see it.

We have an improving young D, which will be better this year, with the addition of Burnett at ILB, together with Odrick, Merling & Edds returning.

We have a new OC, improved O'line, Marshall in 2nd year with Henne and 2 young & improving WR's. I think ppl under estimate Hartline. He had over 600 yds in only 12 games. If he had played full season statistically you are looking at over 800 yards, in same bracket as Bess. It is then not inconceivable that we could have 3 1000 yard recv. With the addition of Bush we also now have a legitimate return game. Dont forget we also resolved our early ST problems which cost us at least 2 games.

I for one am really positive going into new year. IMO our problems on O'line last year, will benefit us this year, with the depth and competition available as well as finally getting some cohesiveness.

Realistically I see Pats winning division, but I see us coming 2nd with 10 wins :up:

They made the AFC championship game 2 years in a row while the Dolphins haven't even made the playoffs with losing records.

So WTF do you expect them to say ?

If the roles were reversed and the Dolphins made the AFC Championship 2 years in a row while the Jets had losing 7-9 records for 2 years in a row -- and Total Access gave credit to the Jets instead of the Dolphins, you'd be totally livid.

So wake up and don't bring that nonsense.,

They made the AFC championship game 2 years in a row while the Dolphins haven't even made the playoffs with losing records.

If the roles were reversed and the Dolphins made the AFC Championship 2 years in a row while the Jets had losing 7-9 records for 2 years in a row -- and Total Access gave credit to the Jets instead of the Dolphins, you'd be totally livid.

good point I mean how many back to back 7-9 teams are being raved about. A team that made back to back afc championships should get more attention than a team that has back to nack losing seasons but of course since we are fans they are biased against us. I guess people forget how long its been since we saw am AFC championship game or even won a damn playoff game . The jets basically retain all of that championship team with the exception of Braylon edwards and Shaun Ellis. Edwards was very good last year and Ellis was nothing really special. Signing mason should be a solid signing not as good at this point as edwards but he still is playing at a pretty high level although at some point his age may kick in. Burress who knows I would have gave that money plus a little extra to Edwards instead of take a chance on an older player who has not played in two years. I know the jets are hoping one of the rookies steps up. DE could be a major concern also but the Jets did draft a DE in the first round and a DT in the second. Pua at DT has been much more consistent than Jenkins injured azz has been and plays fairly similar level to Solai. Linebackers should be solid although need to have better pass rush somehow and havent seen an addition that would seem to help that. Secondary should be good, OL should be top notch, running game still fairly potent and dangerous TE along with probable improvement from Sanchez . Very good coaching staff should have them in playoff contention but they could slip because of possible lesser wr play and lesser pass rush. Dont think the loss of Brad smith will hurt as much as some want to believe.

As constant underachievers why would any talking head give us the benefit of the doubt? Hopefully that all changes this year, now that the fat flounder has moved back to ESPN.

As constant underachievers why would any talking head give us the benefit of the doubt? Hopefully that all changes this year, now that the fat flounder has moved back to ESPN.

yea but he left us his coach.

The old saying, "if you want respect you need to earn it." The Dolphins won't until they start beating and competing with the upper level teams.

The Jets have caught a lot of breaks the last couple of years that you need to advance deep in the playoffs. I don't see an upgrade in the off season and if they don't stay healthy and keep catching breaks, they won't go nearly as far this year.

This is the 3rd consecutive year I have heard "this is our year" from the Jets. It's growing old.

I disagree....we beat the Packers and Technically the Steelers (both Superbowl teams), its the silly throw away losses that we need to cut out.

Wait a minute....I did not say that they shouldn't be giving the Jets credit, what my point is that they are ruling us out as if its a 2 horse race. As I stated, I belv we will progress and the Jets will decline and I belv this is a fair assumption based on FA signings and losses and the age of both roster's.

I tell you what is nonsense. I seen one quote on NFL.com talk about Brady and Belicheck and mention Sanchez and Ryan in same sentance. Now are you going to tell me that thats what we should be expecting?????

Get out of town!!!!!!!

Wait a minute....I did not say that they shouldn't be giving the Jets credit, what my point is that they are ruling us out as if its a 2 horse race. As I stated, I belv we will progress and the Jets will decline and I belv this is a fair assumption based on FA signings and losses and the age of both roster's.

I tell you what is nonsense. I seen one quote on NFL.com talk about Brady and Belicheck and mention Sanchez and Ryan in same sentance. Now are you going to tell me that thats what we should be expecting?????

Get out of town!!!!!!!

welll the general consensus is that its a two horse race, now that could be quite false. I see it as a one horse race for first and the jets finishing second while we pull out a .500 or another 7-9 or worse

As long as the Patriots have Belichick and Brady, they will always be in the discussion. I do think that the Jets are getting a little too much love and we're not getting enough, though. Honestly, that's fine. We used to get praise in the early 2000s and that never amounted to anything.

Our defense is definitely good enough to be top-five and will both win us games and keep us in games. It almost doesn't need to be said but it will come down to Henne. If he continues to be Jekyll & Hyde, we'll be 7-9 again.

Back
Top Bottom