Are we being ruled out too early. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being ruled out too early.

As long as the Patriots have Belichick and Brady, they will always be in the discussion. I do think that the Jets are getting a little too much love and we're not getting enough, though. Honestly, that's fine. We used to get praise in the early 2000s and that never amounted to anything.

Our defense is definitely good enough to be top-five and will both win us games and keep us in games. It almost doesn't need to be said but it will come down to Henne. If he continues to be Jekyll & Hyde, we'll be 7-9 again.

well I think it will come down to alot of things. First we have to remain inury free, I mean if we lose Cameron wake what happens to pass rush. Our oline wasnt good last year and if they are not this year than it will hurt our offense. Runningback is a huge question and lineplay will affect that. OC is a huge question. If we fail this year it could be for a variety of reasons and not just Henne.

welll the general consensus is that its a two horse race, now that could be quite false. I see it as a one horse race for first and the jets finishing second while we pull out a .500 or another 7-9 or worse

Agreed, although my "Fantasy" is that come week 17 Jan 01 NYJ @ MIA Sun Life Stadium 1:00 PM Miami sends Rex home in tears as the Fins clinch the wildcard!

all the media does is go off of what happened last season and basically adjust projections accordingly. jets are afc championship bound to start - do they step back or go to the super bowl? new england won AFC east do they win again or did they lose it? etc etc. although this logic seems to make some sense. it simply rarely ever works out. there are way too many variables. every season truly is its own independent event (as in statistics) and the season before or the seasong after do not actually have much bearing on it. sure, each team is not completly different from the year before but the schedules are, personel are, assitant coaches, schemes, weather conditions, fluke games, etc etc etc etc. ill wait until the season starts to start making my predictions. Also - the preseason DOES say something about how the season is going to be, it certainly did last year - so im hoping for the best friday.

We are a 7-9 team, though.

Oh wow, thanks for that, I was actually thinking about watching all the games this season in hope they were better then that, but seeing as you already know we will be again 7-9, I don't have to waste my time.....Thanks :rolleyes:

Nobody is giving us any chance at anything..completely dismissing us and you know what, thats perfectly fine. SHOW THEM MIAMI!

We've competed with all 4 teams that went to the Super Bowl the past 2 years. We've beaten the team (JETS) that went to the AFC Championship game 3 times in the past 2 years. We play to who we play, we play good against good teams, terrible against bad teams. Figure out how to win at home (how f**ked up is that? should be saying figuring out how to win on the road where we don't have a problem).

We we're playing great against the Pats until the Special Teams went "ka-BOOM". We have one of the youngest teams that is maturing and I think we'll be much better this year. If Henne can manage to throw more TD's than INT's, then we get a wild card birth.

We've competed with all 4 teams that went to the Super Bowl the past 2 years. We've beaten the team (JETS) that went to the AFC Championship game 3 times in the past 2 years. We play to who we play, we play good against good teams, terrible against bad teams. Figure out how to win at home (how f**ked up is that? should be saying figuring out how to win on the road where we don't have a problem).

We we're playing great against the Pats until the Special Teams went "ka-BOOM". We have one of the youngest teams that is maturing and I think we'll be much better this year. If Henne can manage to throw more TD's than INT's, then we get a wild card birth.

we also lost to the browns, bills and lions so what does it matter what u do against those teams when u cant win the games u are supposed to win. Not to mention NE blowing us out twice last year

I always have the same prediction with the jests and that's that they suck. I'm always right. There is always the NE bias in sports media. But realistically it's hard to imagine us running w the pats.

We are a 7-9 team, though.

I think we can easily be a 9-10 win team this season. We were a few bad calls away from 9 wins last year. I think we'll be more explosive offensively, and we're definitely better defensively.

There is no way we don't don't finish with a min. of 8 wins IMO.

Nobody is giving us any chance at anything..completely dismissing us and you know what, thats perfectly fine. SHOW THEM MIAMI!
That includes some of the Dolphins fan base. A lot of quitters throwing in the towel before the first preseason game. Pathetic.

That includes some of the Dolphins fan base. A lot of quitters throwing in the towel before the first preseason game. Pathetic.

back to back 7-9 and keeping th coach that got u there will do that. Im pretty sure washington has alot of fans not believing in whats happening. I hope Im wrong but that doesnt mean i put blinders on. Sorry i dont have much faith in a coach that is shifting the line all around once again after he has spent all this money on it.

I think we can easily be a 9-10 win team this season. We were a few bad calls away from 9 wins last year. I think we'll be more explosive offensively, and we're definitely better defensively.

There is no way we don't don't finish with a min. of 8 wins IMO.

Don't disagree but the QB situation is tough to look at and see 10+ wins.

we give up a 3rd round pick to move up and take thomas in second round
guess what washington does with that pick they take lenord hankerson with our 3rd round pick
granted he has beck throwing to him
though this guy made plays id like to see a draft were we have full ammo
with all draft pics intact..

Looking back why the dolphins struggled so much was really the offensive line
Henne had little time to throw
and the running backs got caught dancing with little air space to run through
REally the dolphins need 2 or 3 extra o lineman
if they would have had the line on right track
ronnie and ricky would have started looking good again..

What if long has lingering leg issue and his mobility is limited
Pouncey really was a critical and safe pick definitely a position of need pick
Good to see pouncey is holding his own against solia
though what does that say about solia?
Is solia the one year wonder?
I really think we have extra d line pieces
that we should trade away for equal value on an o lineman
clear.gif

Nobody is giving the Dolphins a chance because they simply don't have a chance. The Pats and Jets are CLEARLY better teams and obviously made more moves in the offseason too. Right there you're already behind the eightball. Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, and Chiefs are all CLEARLY better too. You could probably make a case for the Texans too, since Schaub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henne.

That's life, accept it.

Back
Top Bottom