Are we going back to being a "boring" team ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going back to being a "boring" team ?

As long as Ted Ginn Jr. is on the field, the threat for excitement will always be high.

I'd be surprised if he didn't score atleast 10 all purpse TD's this year. Ginn ran free a couple times and Beck and Lemon totally missed him. That can't continue for Beck this year. Ginn is Beck's only ally at this point, everyone else including the man protecting his backside clearly favor Chad Henne.

You gotta believe with Beck and Ginn taking all the primary passing reps together they've formed so form of cohesion. Something they never would've had time for last year.

If they take off, the franchise will take off. Much like cleveland, except in Miami after we go 10-6 we expect to go 16-0 the next year. Its what we do. :hi5:

We should stick with a running game offense until we have a quarterback that PROVES that he has the right to air it out. No sense trying to run a high powered offense, when we dont even know that we have a legitimate NFL starting qb on the roster. We know we have some offensive line talent, and some RB talent.

Last year with Cameron coming in, it looked like we would finally be getting an offense that would excite people. Now it looks like The Trio seem to want to implement an offense that looks on the surface to be sleep inducing.

Many of the teams in the NFL are going to West Coast, high powered offenses. Is it wise for us to be going in the opposite direction, and could this work against our chances of reviving the team and getting back to winning ways ?

I understand the need to rebuild, but do you think this is the offense of just the immediate future or is this a long term offensive plan ????

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes and last year we excited ourselves into a 1-15 record. If by boring you mean grind it out hard nose football, then I vote for boring.:err:

Parcells threw the ball a lot when he had Bledsoe in New England. i think the Dolphins will play to the talent they have. No doubt right now they have better personnel to run.
WELL PUT... EXACTLY WHAT THIS TRIO WILL DO AND WHAT ANY GOOD COACH WOULD DO.

I wonder how many of the people in this thread that are actively drinking the kool-aid will be ok with such a "boring" offense when we're actually losing 11 or 12 games this year, or when the run clearly isn't working because our young offensive line has yet to gel together, and yet we still call run play after run play.

Seemed to me when the Dolphins ran ball control offenses before, you couldn't find hardly anyone that loved the "predictable" offense. There was certainly no shortage of people screaming that we need to "open it up".

I wonder how many of the people in this thread that are actively drinking the kool-aid will be ok with such a "boring" offense when we're actually losing 11 or 12 games this year, or when the run clearly isn't working because our young offensive line has yet to gel together, and yet we still call run play after run play.

Seemed to me when the Dolphins ran ball control offenses before, you couldn't find hardly anyone that loved the "predictable" offense. There was certainly no shortage of people screaming that we need to "open it up".

I think the answer to that is obvious, if the boring offense results in wins and contender status, things will be good, if it doesn't yield success, things will get ugly.

I believe that if we are in fact assembling the right talent, regardless of gel time, there will be enough positives to shine thru to keep most onboard.

If people are saying that running the ball means a boring offense I'd like to remind you that we have Ricky and Ronnie running the ball. With Ricky's ability to break big ones and Ronnies ability to pick up 15-20 yards on any play our "boring" running game will be pretty fun to watch.

Can someone post the Youtube of Ronnie running through that raiders saftey for a TD last year? I am at work and blocked.

Watch that clip again if you think smashmouth is boring. That gets me jacked up. When you can run like that though it opens up the pass, so it gets more exciting the better you do.

Wanny was boring because other than Ricky's big year, we ran all the time, but usually just got 2-3 yards each time, then punted. That is boring.

Running the ball is fine and all, but you have to be successful at doing it. If you are running the ball into 10 man fronts everytime its pretty pointless. I know Pacells was a good coach, and I believe he will influence our coach now. As long as we can use the run successfully to start moving the chains and make teams put more guys in the box to stop our run, well will have good success passing the ball. We can use the play action all day long and that will drive other teams up the wall if we can get the run started off with success. You start making the saftey cheat up to protect against the run Teddy could have a monster year using his speed down the field.

I dont think we are going to see a boring type of running game, I think we are going to see a running game that is used to open up the pass. Something this team hasn't had in a long long time. We just have to hope like hell that all those young guys up front can open up some big holes that force the other team to bring up help.

I think the answer to that is obvious, if the boring offense results in wins and contender status, things will be good, if it doesn't yield success, things will get ugly.

I believe that if we are in fact assembling the right talent, regardless of gel time, there will be enough positives to shine thru to keep most onboard.

I think you have it. The results will determine how people feel about it. I just find it interesting we're hearing this near-unanimous high opinion of running the ball a ton, but I know for a fact that not many people will be able to stomach it once it actually starts happening. We're pretty set to be a bad football team. An improving football team, but still a bad one. How many fans actually think they can stomach an offense that runs the ball 50-55 percent of the time, while losing games?

It reminds me of how, after I want to say maybe 4 or 5 games last year, I started pointing out that if the trend continues and we go 1-15 then Mueller and Cameron would probably be fired...and there were a ton of people that thought it preposterous to fire them after only one year of the rebuilding project, even if they only won one game. I was trying to tell them, you're underestimating the pain of the losses to come. You're underestimating how much the atmosphere changes with every little piece of non-success. Sure enough, after we go 1-15, I'm still convinced Mueller should be fired but thought Cameron showed a few things that make me want to give him a second chance, and meanwhile all those same people that thought it preposterous to fire Cameron and Randy after only one year, were the ones now arguing with me on the other side of the fence, drinking the Parcells kool-aid and saying Cameron should be fired.

Don't underestimate the pain of losses and what it does to everyone, the fanbase, media, players, coaches, etc. People talking now so excitedly about power running, ball control, etc...some of them are going to change their minds when they see that kind of stuff in action on a bad team.

Back
Top Bottom