Are we going back to being a "boring" team ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going back to being a "boring" team ?

With the Cowboys Bill had 3 QB's in 3 years and all of them threw for over 3,000 yards. We have 2 of the best receiving HB's in football and some of the best pulling o-lineman in the NFL now IMO to get out on screens and dump off passes. We will not be boring. Remember the 3rd part of football is ST's and we got alot of specialest to block for Ginn whom faired pretty well last year with the worst ST players in the NFL out there with him. Every time we recieve a punt or KO will be exciting. Not to mention getting the ball in Ginns hands on quick slats and playaction passes which with his abilities could be a gamebreaker on any given play.

God I hope you are right, because I was starting to get scared we'd be "The Big Ten" reborn with all the talk of run-run-run-punt type offense being bantied about in several threads.

I think it wil be balanced. We will protect the QB's as much as possible until one man takes the job and gains everyones trust then we will open things up. I'm just saying that we can still protect inexperianced QB's with quick routes by the WR's and screens and dumpoffs to the very talented HB's. Also the TE is a very important position in all Parcells and his desiples O's and always has been and I have all the confidence in the world in Fasano and our QB's will too IMO. We built a line not only to run block but they are also excellent in pass blocking IMO.

I came away from one season of Cameron feeling like he was an OC best suited to that role, so change was neccesary.

And I came away thinking that the roster was so incredibly bad, and made worse by Randy Mueller, that it was impossible to see 75% of what Cameron's positive characteristics might have been as a head coach.

In the end, I don't believe Parcells canned him because of his leadership skills. I believe he canned him because of philosophical differences about off season preparation and work ethic. That's what did it, IMO. Cameron believed that family and god come first, football third. He had some awful, awful advice from Bill Arnsparger (and probably Bill Polian) about how strenuous to make the off season program, and so he unwittingly established a culture of lacsidasical football. Players just came from Saban's grueling regime and so they were all too willing to swing hard in the other direction, and hard they swung.

Bill Parcells is the polar opposite of a Bill Polian or Bill Arnsparger, as far as the off season process goes. The latter two want to keep veterans fresh, uninjured, and so they notoriously have been associated with Club Med approaches. Parcells believes the sweat and blood of April pays off in September, and so he has his players doing all kinds of exercises and training that many would say put the players in serious injury danger, or in danger of shortening their careers. Many times during the off season and season, Cameron professed himself to be of the Arnsparger/Polian school.

That probably represented the single biggest philosophical difference that saw Cameron fired.

I think what I fear the most is we become a "very good" defense again, without a good offense, and win just enough to challenge for a division or win it, and then bow out of the playoffs because we can't score points in the playoffs.

And then the same type of fans can blame our defense for the team's shortcomings again. Y'know, blame Zach, Sam, Pat, JT etc. :lol: Unreal.

I would also like to point out that smash mouth football don't only apply to HB's. We signed a big physical speciman in Wilford whom can run over CB's and over power safeties blocking or running after the catch and we got a big physical TE that don't shy away from contact either. Fasano was drafted high by Bill and co. because they wanted someone who was more of a physical TE than Whitten. He was mainly used on running plays but anyone whom seen him with ND or the games he started while Whitten was injured knows that he is going to be a special TE for us.

Last year with Cameron coming in, it looked like we would finally be getting an offense that would excite people. Now it looks like The Trio seem to want to implement an offense that looks on the surface to be sleep inducing.

Many of the teams in the NFL are going to West Coast, high powered offenses. Is it wise for us to be going in the opposite direction, and could this work against our chances of reviving the team and getting back to winning ways ?

I understand the need to rebuild, but do you think this is the offense of just the immediate future or is this a long term offensive plan ????

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The power running game wins games period. :up: It helps your "D" since they are not on the field allot :woot:As long as we can win who cares :beer1:

Last year with Cameron coming in, it looked like we would finally be getting an offense that would excite people. Now it looks like The Trio seem to want to implement an offense that looks on the surface to be sleep inducing.

Many of the teams in the NFL are going to West Coast, high powered offenses. Is it wise for us to be going in the opposite direction, and could this work against our chances of reviving the team and getting back to winning ways ?

I understand the need to rebuild, but do you think this is the offense of just the immediate future or is this a long term offensive plan ????

If pounding the football and running 60-65% of the time keeps our defense off the field and well rested, and takes pressure off our QBs/WRs/passing game, lets us control the clock and shorten the game and reduces chances for turnovers, and helps us be a more solid football team that wins more games... then they can be the most boring team in the world.

It's about wins and losses... no matter how you get them! :wink:

i dont think so .. a strong run game always opens up an explosive pass game

I think they're building the power running smashmouth offense for the long run. Most teams are now building defenses to counter the spread offense wich is being used by most superbowl contenders, Indy, N-E... fast but not so powerful defenses.

The way to attack that defense is to negate their strenght(speed) by going straight at them.

And I came away thinking that the roster was so incredibly bad, and made worse by Randy Mueller, that it was impossible to see 75% of what Cameron's positive characteristics might have been as a head coach.

In the end, I don't believe Parcells canned him because of his leadership skills. I believe he canned him because of philosophical differences about off season preparation and work ethic. That's what did it, IMO. Cameron believed that family and god come first, football third. He had some awful, awful advice from Bill Arnsparger (and probably Bill Polian) about how strenuous to make the off season program, and so he unwittingly established a culture of lacsidasical football. Players just came from Saban's grueling regime and so they were all too willing to swing hard in the other direction, and hard they swung.

Bill Parcells is the polar opposite of a Bill Polian or Bill Arnsparger, as far as the off season process goes. The latter two want to keep veterans fresh, uninjured, and so they notoriously have been associated with Club Med approaches. Parcells believes the sweat and blood of April pays off in September, and so he has his players doing all kinds of exercises and training that many would say put the players in serious injury danger, or in danger of shortening their careers. Many times during the off season and season, Cameron professed himself to be of the Arnsparger/Polian school.

That probably represented the single biggest philosophical difference that saw Cameron fired.

Cameron just reminded me of a LT that was forced to take over as Company Commander during wartime and has no clue what he is doing.
He was an awful leader for this team and it was evident from draft day that he did not know what he was doing, I mean the handling of the crowd more than the picks although I did not like his draft. He just seems much better as a coordinator type.

By boring do you mean running the ball. People didn't think it was boring when Ricky Williams ran for 1800 yards that year. I personally like a ball control offense. I love to run the ball down other teams throats. Without a running game, we don't win and I think that's the name of the game, WINNING.

Me too, i love running the ball expecially with a power back like ronnie brown. And to be sucsessful in the west coast offence you have to have a proven quarterback which we still havent found.

Back
Top Bottom