Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen

tical

Rookie
Reaction score
Why is it almost without fail when a 3rd down needs to be converted even when goodmen,daniels was here they always go to Mr. Allen. I mean hell we got a rookie in smith on the other side and i remember maybe "1" or "2" conversion on his side.

Since he's so good like many on this board think? why not stay away from him? you would of thought that Sean smith was the season, lock-down corner! you could tell after smith's near pick! the were like nawh...we'll stay with will allen!

Please...will allen a punching bag!!! let me hear the excuses about safety not helping etc... he gets beat on square outs and ins consistantly!!! and qb's never seem afraid to throw in his direction!

I noticed Will giving up stuff, but it's not like Smith was locking things down. A lot of balls thrown Smith's way were overthrows. Smith just acted like he had something to do with the incomplete by shaking his head and celebrating. He should have walked over and thanked Leftwich for being off target.

I noticed Will giving up stuff, but it's not like Smith was locking things down. A lot of balls thrown Smith's way were overthrows. Smith just acted like he had something to do with the incomplete by shaking his head and celebrating. He should have walked over and thanked Leftwich for being off target.

I agree that we should be thankful that Leftwich sucks. However, the poster makes a good point. Will Allen is a veteran and allegedly our best cover corner and he was getting abused by second teamers last night. Remember, Antonio Bryant and Michael Clayton did not play.

The only thing I can say is, To me he is continuing his poor play of last year.

His problem is, Hes not good, he seems to know it, even if some of the people on FInheaven dont know it.

He is so insecure of his play that he ends up playing really really soft on the reciever. He so scarred of the WR beating him badly that he allows everything to be caught in front of him so he can still come in and make a tackle.

Flounder earlier mentioned that S. Smith didnt play well either.

I disagree. I think he had a few issues last Night I agree but the difference between him and Will Allens Play is vastly different.

S. Smith allowed 2 or 3 slants in front of him. My Oppinion he had great positioning on all those plays minus 1. Both were quick hitches.

One of them if he just would have looked up he could have had an interception. I will consider that a rookie mistake.

One play he allowed a WR to run past him and gain a step on him. But he was still clsoe in persuit. This is the 1 bad play against him.

The rest of the game he was tight on coverage. He even broke off his own assignment to attempt to assist the safety on his assignment on 1 play where if the ball would have been thrown correctly would have been a pick or a pass blockdown.
Chubbs

ps. I pray most of you get off his jock and realize how poorly his coverage skills are.

preseason fellas...they're playing very basic coverages

preseason fellas...they're playing very basic coverages

Coverage Assigments has nothing to do with His ability to cover a reciever. It goes back to his play last season. Why do you think he was constantly slipping. He physically can not keep up with WR's so he is overthinking.

Brain overthinking while legs not moving correctly equals hello grass and goodbye reciever.
Chubbs

I wouldnt call any coverage by our secondary last night "tight."

In fact, I was very disappointed with our play on all sides of the ball.

Unless these guys really step up and start making plays on the ball, we are going to get TORCHED by qutie a few teams this year.

You guys can pin it all on Allen if you want, but Bucs receivers were WIDE open all night, we were lucky that some bad throws were made, otherwise the Bucs easily may have hung 30 on us.

Unless these guys really step up and start making plays on the ball, we are going to get TORCHED by qutie a few teams this year.

You guys can pin it all on Allen if you want, but Bucs receivers were WIDE open all night, we were lucky that some bad throws were made, otherwise the Bucs easily may have hung 30 on us.

Yup there has been definate breakdowns in zone communication between our safeties,LB's and CB's. Has me a bit worried :), I think if our Frontline can provide a bit more pressure which I think eventually they will, we will be able to hide alot of our deficiencies in the secondary.

Still doesnt take away that Will Allen cant cover ManvMan.
Chubbs

The reason people on this site love Will Allen is for a couple years he was the only guy in the secondary covering anyone. I don't think Will is an elite corner by any means, but the guy is ok. And for a few years here OK meant outstanding because everyone else sucked.

I still think Will is our best corner, but Smith and Davis will hopefully surpass him this year.

Tell me who in the secondary was a step ahead. Sure Smith had that one knock down.. but essentially if Leftwish had connected on a few of those passes he threw into outerspace you would've seen that Smith blew a coverages as well as did Davis and Wilson.

The whole group had a poor showing last night. IMO I wanted them to throw to Smith and Davis more for an evlauation standpoint.

What you need to realize is no one is pinning the overall bad play of the secondary on will allen! but he is glaring! From an observational view only! from the time he's been here, when a 3rd down needs to be completed and it is thrown in his direction (just him and the wr! all things being equal!) 1 of 2 things same to happen almost without fail! especially on a square out or in route! in my opinion

1. Its converted at an alarming rate going against a "supposed" #1 cb! sadly it seems it doesn't even matter if its a #1 receiver( take our wr for tb last night!, a what # 2-#4 receiver at best!) will made him look like an all-pro! There was almost 2-4 yards of separation on every conversation!

Compare that two the conversions made on S.S,, one he didn't bring his head around quick enough!( ps a errant throw by leftwitch, should have never been thrown!) he was right there against both conversions on his side!

2. Rarely the conversion was not made because 1) Particular on the outs! the QB, leads the receiver to wide! pass goes outta bounds! 2) there receiver drops the ball! or 3) in my opinion the rarest of all things Will Allen causes the failed conversion by batting the ball, interceptions, jarring hit etc..

Heres a ? for ya"ll? based on what you've known about Will Allen all these years! and the short time we've seen of Sean Smith! if a 3rd down needs to be stopped! and you have a choice between Will Allen and Sean Smith Today! Right now, who are you picking to defend? Is S.S better than Will Allen, Not yet! But he will be sooner rather than later!

no one ever said will allen is a shutdown corner...

he's a gifted cornerback but he lacks that little "it" factor to be considered champ bailey, asomugha or asante samuels type of player

besides...this is offseason, will played but don't give me that "they play hard even though it's preseason" .... sheeeesh... those guys know the biggest victory you can get in preseason is to come out of it without major injuries. How do you avoid those ? you don't put your body at risk on every play... (well, not if you're an established veteran and you'll be a starter for sure...like mr.allen here)

Back
Top Bottom