Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen

correct me if i'm wrong..... but goodman got all those pics because no one wanted to try will allen. he had one bad preseason game.......... please think of a game last year where any team made an effort to throw will allen's way. I think the only two guys that embarassed him were fitzgerald and a.johnson, and they tend to do that to every corner.
Did you watch any of the replays that NFL network was doing this offseason when they went from Week 1 to the superbowl from last season?

I beleive they reshowed 3 or 4 games from last season. His deficiency shows even more during these replays of these games.
Chubbs

Wow! I think you missed an important point. The actions we are criticizing are a continuation of what we saw in games last year. We are criticizing 16 games from 2008 and the continuation of the theme. If it was just one game, I would agree with your statement. Unfortunately, it is not.
:lol: HE was our best cover corner last year. I think you seem to be missing the point.

Huh? Goodman was horrible the 1st half, just because he was slighly better in the 2nd half doesn't make him better than Allen who was great in coverage the whole year. Not that you'll understand though. Allen can have 20 INT's and you'll still hate on him.

Rookie Mistake-Meaning Correctable over time.

Will Allen does not make many mistakes, thats not my point of any of my posts. What I have been saying since last year is He physically can not keep up with Most of the WR's. He plays so soft against receivers becaue hes scarred of getting burnt. He rarely plays the ball, he usually allows everything to land in front of him and then worries about making the stop.

Hell for all I know it might just be mental, but its been more then obvious since last week.

Again S. Smith Rookie .
Will Allen Veteran.
I can accept Rookie Mistakes early on.

One thing I do have to say about S. Smith is he needs to also work on getting off his blocks during run plays. I can see where the critizism came from in College that he doesnt play physical.
Chubbs
Can't say I've noticed that from Allen at all. And I watch every game at least twice to observe.

Huh? Goodman was horrible the 1st half, just because he was slighly better in the 2nd half doesn't make him better than Allen who was great in coverage the whole year. Not that you'll understand though. Allen can have 20 INT's and you'll still hate on him.

Goodman was hurt came back and was play god awful the 1st half, The second half he was playing great, tight coverage on recievers for the most part and was making plays on the ball. Also got lucky on 1 int that was thrown right to him.

Lordy man, trust me when I tell you I want Will Allen to play well, I by no means wish him to play badly. Its in my best interest if he is playing lights out. I am only calling it as I see it. I have been seeing it since last year.

It could be a physical inability or mental, but he just plays way to soft and gives up everything.

No need to call me a hater. .
chubbs

Goodman was hurt came back and was play god awful the 1st half, The second half he was playing great, tight coverage on recievers for the most part and was making plays on the ball. Also got lucky on 1 int that was thrown right to him.

Lordy man, trust me when I tell you I want Will Allen to play well, I by no means wish him to play badly. Its in my best interest if he is playing lights out. I am only calling it as I see it. I have been seeing it since last year.

It could be a physical inability or mental, but he just plays way to soft and gives up everything.

No need to call me a hater. .
chubbs
Well you're entitled to your opinion. But as someone who's seen every game, I haven't seen what you're talking about. Only gripes I have about Allen are 1. He's made a career of having stone hands. 2. He has real trouble guarding tall receivers. Which if you look at last night, he had trouble guarding a 6'5" WR, which is the norm for him. Every other WR he guarded, he shut down, but not Stovall. Which brings me to my point, did we not draft Smith to guard the tall WR's? As I've said before, my only problem is with Sparano not making the proper adjustments. I recall twice where Stovall took advantage of Allen's size and just caught it over him. Allen was great on smaller WR's not so great on 6'5" Stovall, whom Smith should've been guarding.

So the logic of the Will Allen supports is that hes a abv average - great corner because he doesn't give up the "big" play! but pretty much gives up every thing underneath 1st downs! 10 yard outs etc? does that about sum it up? or was there some other skill! beside giving a huge cushion( by nfl standards) thathe does?

What you need to realize is no one is pinning the overall bad play of the secondary on will allen! but he is glaring! From an observational view only! from the time he's been here, when a 3rd down needs to be completed and it is thrown in his direction (just him and the wr! all things being equal!) 1 of 2 things same to happen almost without fail! especially on a square out or in route! in my opinion

1. Its converted at an alarming rate going against a "supposed" #1 cb! sadly it seems it doesn't even matter if its a #1 receiver( take our wr for tb last night!, a what # 2-#4 receiver at best!) will made him look like an all-pro! There was almost 2-4 yards of separation on every conversation!

Compare that two the conversation made on S.S,, one he didn't bring his head around quick enough!( ps a errant throw by leftwitch, should have never been thrown!) he was right there against both conversations on his side!

2. Rarely conversation not made because 1) Particular on the outs! the QB, leads the receiver to wide! pass goes outta bounds! 2) there receiver drops the ball! or 3) in my opinion the rarest of all things Will Allen causes the failed converstion by batting the ball, interceptions, jarring hit etc..

Heres a ? for ya"ll? based on what you've known about Will Allen all these years! and the short time we've seen of Sean Smith! if a 3rd down needs to be stopped! and you have a choice between Will Allen and Sean Smith Today! Right now, who are you picking to defend? Is S.S better than Will Allen, Not yet! But he will be sooner rather than later!

I just want to know what all of these "conversations" were about. Maybe that was the problem.... there was too much conversing going on.

hey, feel free to think Will Allen isn't a great corner. Not much I can do to convince you otherwise if you already feel this way. I think Parcells and Co. have a little better idea of what they're doing than most of us here though and they certainly agree with him being our #1 corner.

He was very solid last year and was a main reason in allowing Porter to have so many sacks last year!

Did you watch any of the replays that NFL network was doing this offseason when they went from Week 1 to the superbowl from last season?

I beleive they reshowed 3 or 4 games from last season. His deficiency shows even more during these replays of these games.
Chubbs

as in????? no one challenged him.

I just want to know what all of these "conversations" were about. Maybe that was the problem.... there was too much conversing going on.

Ahh Indeed you caught my spelling error! you must also clean after Mr. Allen when he soils himself! did i spell that correctly?

hey, feel free to think Will Allen isn't a great corner. Not much I can do to convince you otherwise if you already feel this way. I think Parcells and Co. have a little better idea of what they're doing than most of us here though and they certainly agree with him being our #1 corner.

He was very solid last year and was a main reason in allowing Porter to have so many sacks last year!

Tell me your joking! he plays the secondary all by himself? covering everybody! damn he is a great corner back! the best ever!

wow you are amazing...is he a part of the secondary?? was he a reason for coverage sacks??

that's all

Ahh Indeed you caught my spelling error! you must also clean after Mr. Allen when he soils himself! did i spell that correctly?

Yes you did but your punctuation was still bad. I was just messin around dude.... calm down.

No tears here for the departure of Goodman. He was an avg. corner when he got here, and he was an avg. corner when he left. Not surprising he was going to up his game a little considering it was a contract year.

But let's be real. I can't count the number of plays Goodman whiffed on early last season. Especially during our 4 game skid to open the season. I certainly won't be missing him.. won't miss watching him blow another coverage, or be out of position to make a solid tackle.

Good luck in Denver Goody.... :aww:

Back
Top Bottom