Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen

Burnt 3 times that I recall actually. Twice he got lucky, because Leftwich sucks.
I dont deny what you are saying, I will rewatch it tonight since I recorded it.

Again, he had two plays where:

1. he was a step behind but still very close to the play, luckily the reciever dropped the pass in the Endzone. But I wouldnt call that burnt.

2. He was out of position on the other one. The guy gave him a great fake it he was out of position to the right I beleive. Again not burnt, just out of position. Rookie Mistake, his fault. But again not burnt.

Dont recall a third.
Chubbs

correct me if i'm wrong..... but goodman got all those pics because no one wanted to try will allen. he had one bad preseason game.......... please think of a game last year where any team made an effort to throw will allen's way. I think the only two guys that embarassed him were fitzgerald and a.johnson, and they tend to do that to every corner.

I noticed Will giving up stuff, but it's not like Smith was locking things down. A lot of balls thrown Smith's way were overthrows. Smith just acted like he had something to do with the incomplete by shaking his head and celebrating. He should have walked over and thanked Leftwich for being off target.

yeah, I seen that play too

The whole team played like crap for the most part, why single out just 1 guy???

He was great last year? And no he shouldnt be cut right now because of his play in preseason, Because considering the youth and talent around him at his position he is our best CB option right now by default.Same as he was last year early on until Goodman outplayed him lights out the second half of the season.
Chubbs
Goodman outplayed him 2nd half of the season. 2nd half of the season. 2nd half of the season. Allen was great in coverage the whole year. The whole year. The whole year.

I dont deny what you are saying, I will rewatch it tonight since I recorded it.

Again, he had two plays where:

1. he was a step behind but still very close to the play, luckily the reciever dropped the pass in the Endzone. But I wouldnt call that burnt.

2. He was out of position on the other one. The guy gave him a great fake it he was out of position to the right I beleive. Again not burnt, just out of position. Rookie Mistake, his fault. But again not burnt.

Dont recall a third.
Chubbs
So if you can excuse him for having a "rookie mistake", why can't we excuse Allen for guarding a 6'5" WR, who Smith was drafted to guard in the 1st place. If anything, I put the blame on Sparano for not making the proper adjustment.

Wilford got a nice contract as well........
Chubbs

Wilford got a contract, Allen got an EXTENSION. They are inherently different. Allen has been around the coaches and they have seen him practice etc. With Wilford all they had to go on was how well he had done for the Jaguars, which wasn't terribly bad. So they went out on a limb and it broke. They know what they have in Allen and had no idea Wilford would be such a turd. Thats the difference.

For those of you saying Allen was great on 3rd Down. He wasn't......go back and look at film.

Do you have actual game film or are you just rewatching the game???

These are 2 completely different things. Without knowing the playcalls and have a couple angles, that game film provide, you really don't know crap except what you see from watching the game.

you guys are unbelivable.

I found this place because I was looking for a Miami Dolphin forum, this one seemed to have the most activity. But each day I come reading posts like this, I wonder why I even bother looking here.

Just because a WR catches a few balls on a CB means he's awful and we should release him??? The best CB's ever to play the game get's burned for TD's and get's passes caught for 1st downs on them. The thing they always say about CB's though, "THEY HAVE TO HAVE A BAD MEMORY" They have to move on and try again the next play.

You guys make it sound like a QB should never complete a pass on us, give me a break!

Will Allen is a very good CB that gives us great coverage the majority of the time. So he might get burnt every once in awhile, so does EVERYONE!!!!

I found this place because I was looking for a Miami Dolphin forum, this one seemed to have the most activity. But each day I come reading posts like this, I wonder why I even bother looking here.

Just because a WR catches a few balls on a CB means he's awful and we should release him??? The best CB's ever to play the game get's burned for TD's and get's passes caught for 1st downs on them. The thing they always say about CB's though, "THEY HAVE TO HAVE A BAD MEMORY" They have to move on and try again the next play.

You guys make it sound like a QB should never complete a pass on us, give me a break!

Will Allen is a very good CB that gives us great coverage the majority of the time. So he might get burnt every once in awhile, so does EVERYONE!!!!

Wow! I think you missed an important point. The actions we are criticizing are a continuation of what we saw in games last year. We are criticizing 16 games from 2008 and the continuation of the theme. If it was just one game, I would agree with your statement. Unfortunately, it is not.

I have to wonder....these are the same evaluators who got Smith and Davis, who thus far have been solid for rookies....

So who is wrong, the fan or the guys who make the decision???

good post.

How quickly people forget Sam Madison and Pat Surtain used to get shredded against Pennington with Coles and Chrebet. Moss too.

it happens.. There's only one true shutdown corner in the league. Only one in the world.

So if you can excuse him for having a "rookie mistake", why can't we excuse Allen for guarding a 6'5" WR, who Smith was drafted to guard in the 1st place. If anything, I put the blame on Sparano for not making the proper adjustment.

Rookie Mistake-Meaning Correctable over time.

Will Allen does not make many mistakes, thats not my point of any of my posts. What I have been saying since last year is He physically can not keep up with Most of the WR's. He plays so soft against receivers becaue hes scarred of getting burnt. He rarely plays the ball, he usually allows everything to land in front of him and then worries about making the stop.

Hell for all I know it might just be mental, but its been more then obvious since last week.

Again S. Smith Rookie .
Will Allen Veteran.
I can accept Rookie Mistakes early on.

One thing I do have to say about S. Smith is he needs to also work on getting off his blocks during run plays. I can see where the critizism came from in College that he doesnt play physical.

Greyboy, boy do I still remember those games, they used to torch us. It was always the same thing, Large slant play down the field once miss tackle and boom off to the races.

on that note, why dont we hit Ginn more often on a slant down the middle of the field. I would think that would give fits for defensive coverage
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom