Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna ignore Mr. Will Allen

Tell me who in the secondary was a step ahead. Sure Smith had that one knock down.. but essentially if Leftwish had connected on a few of those passes he threw into outerspace you would've seen that Smith blew a coverages as well as did Davis and Wilson.

The whole group had a poor showing last night. IMO I wanted them to throw to Smith and Davis more for an evlauation standpoint.

"Sure Smith had that one Knock down" My friend you fail to see the brilliance of that "one" play "he absolutely JUMPED the route! the anticipation and diagnoses was impeccable! he was not content (aka Will Allen!)with letting his receiver catch the ball in front of him and just make the tackle! He wanted the ball! its that kind of mentality that make great corners ( S.S is not great! at least not yet! hopefully one day!) Besides the ball coming directly to him when was the last time Will Allen JUMPED a route with authority? How dare you throw this ball in my direction?

I am happy someone started this thread.....I had countless headaches last year. Many if not most of the big plays (long yardage, 3rd down conversions) were made on Allens side. An when they extended him, I went and bought a case of Alka Seltzer and Excedrin. He is gonna cost us some serious yardage. He is a very weak link on this team. If you have video from last year go ahead and look back, he is a liability. Don't think this is just a preseason occurance. When or opponents need to make that final drive to go down field and win the game or tie it. Goto to Mr. Allens side and he will assist you. Allen will make a tackle...his tackle numbers are high......but look where the tackles are made.....after the 1st down.....or when he is chasing them from behind. Don't look at tackle numbers...look at location of the tackles.

no one ever said will allen is a shutdown corner...

he's a gifted cornerback but he lacks that little "it" factor to be considered champ bailey, asomugha or asante samuels type of player

besides...this is offseason, will played but don't give me that "they play hard even though it's preseason" .... sheeeesh... those guys know the biggest victory you can get in preseason is to come out of it without major injuries. How do you avoid those ? you don't put your body at risk on every play... (well, not if you're an established veteran and you'll be a starter for sure...like mr.allen here)

And thats why Will Allen will always be mediocre at Best! The great ones could be playing flag football for free: There mentality does'nt all them to think its "just this or just a preseason!!" There mentalities universal! "You bum receiver in front of me your not catching S*&T!

greatness is practice always my friend, its not a light switch!

I am happy someone started this thread.....I had countless headaches last year. Many if not most of the big plays (long yardage, 3rd down conversions) were made on Allens side. An when they extended him, I went and bought a case of Alka Seltzer and Excedrin. He is gonna cost us some serious yardage. He is a very weak link on this team. If you have video from last year go ahead and look back, he is a liability. Don't think this is just a preseason occurance. When or opponents need to make that final drive to go down field and win the game or tie it. Goto to Mr. Allens side and he will assist you. Allen will make a tackle...his tackle numbers are high......but look where the tackles are made.....after the 1st down.....or when he is chasing them from behind. Don't look at tackle numbers...look at location of the tackles.

Approach this thread with caution i made similar criticism about will allen before, and this board absolutely tried to hang,burn, crucify me! for suggesting anything except for will allen being and above average to great corner!

Tical.....when we start getting burned countinously on Allens side this year (it will happen). Pull this thread back up. So everyone can see what we are talking about. ALLEN WILL COST US.

I choose Will Allen without a second of hesitation. The number one thing you want from a cornerback is not giving up an easy touchdown. Leftwich should have burned Sean Smith for two TDs. He was badly beaten on both. Will Allen seems always to be in position to make a play, but he does not finish those plays. I share your frustration with the unending series of completions on third down. I am prepared to believe that both Davis and Smith may beat him out next year, but he is clearly our best corner for this season. Finally, my rating for Will Allen is above average. Not good ... Not great ... Not Elite ... Just above average.

Probably because Will Allen was guarding a 6'5" WR. Call me crazy, but didn't we draft Sean Smith to guard those types of WR's...

So if we cut Will Allen who takes his spot? Maybe Billingsley is ready to step up. Allen is fine. He is our best option right now.

I choose Will Allen without a second of hesitation. The number one thing you want from a cornerback is not giving up an easy touchdown. Leftwich should have burned Sean Smith for two TDs. He was badly beaten on both. Will Allen seems always to be in position to make a play, but he does not finish those plays. I share your frustration with the unending series of completions on third down. I am prepared to believe that both Davis and Smith may beat him out next year, but he is clearly our best corner for this season. Finally, my rating for Will Allen is above average. Not good ... Not great ... Not Elite ... Just above average.

That is a fair assesement. I am telling you he holds back alot, he is so scarred that he cant cover these receivers that he has that stay close and let them catch it infront of me so they cant burn me approach. Its been like that since last year.

I would call him average at best. From what I could tell from watching the game once, and the camera angles given, SS got burned once and was out of position once. The rest he was on very very tight coverage.
Chubbs

Will Allen has earned the benefit of the doubt. He was excellent on third downs last year
Stop it. No room for logic 'round here. He was great last year, but because he had trouble guarding a 6'5" WR in a preseason game, he needs to be cut immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a fair assesement. I am telling you he holds back alot, he is so scarred that he cant cover these receivers that he has that stay close and let them catch it infront of me so they cant burn me approach. Its been like that since last year.

I would call him average at best. From what I could tell from watching the game once, and the camera angles given, SS got burned once and was out of position once. The rest he was on very very tight coverage.
Chubbs
Burnt 3 times that I recall actually. Twice he got lucky, because Leftwich sucks.

Stop it. No room for logic 'round here. He was great last year, but because he had trouble guarding a 6'5" WR in a preseason game, he needs to be cut immediately.

He was great last year? And no he shouldnt be cut right now because of his play in preseason, Because considering the youth and talent around him at his position he is our best CB option right now by default.Same as he was last year early on until Goodman outplayed him lights out the second half of the season.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom