Are Yall confident?(I am) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Yall confident?(I am)

Agua said:
Dude, we didn't blow a ton of money on Woody or Tait because: (1) Detroit wouldn't let him leave and his agent was sitting up there trying to play Spielman; and (2) Tait's wife didn't like the South Beach Atmosphere. At least that is what was reported. If you've got some sort of inside info from each of those guys, then spill it.

So you don't think that a player would like to play here now more than before? Experts or reporters on TV thought Wanny was a good coach but players know the truth. Us fans werent crazy I think the players know more.

Noland said:
So you don't think that a player would like to play here now more than before? Experts or reporters on TV thought Wanny was a good coach but players know the truth. Us fans werent crazy I think the players know more.
Players go where the money is.

Noland said:

I think players would be more likely to want to play here now than if Wanny was still coach after a 4-12 season, yes. Prior to that, you've got to look at all the people who came here with Wanny as coach. Like I said, look at that list from the top of my head: Seau, Boston, RopeWeed, Knight, T-Buck dying to get in here ... Players have LONG wanted to play here man. They weren't avoiding the Phins because of Wanny. Unless you've got something other than "you get the feeling", which I've been waiting for you to produce.

Henry wants trade to Miami
By Joe Schad

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

DAVIE  Bills running back Travis Henry, who has been granted permission to seek a trade, said Monday that he wants to play for the Dolphins.

"I would love to be down there," Henry said from Orlando. "I was talking to my agent about getting me down there. That's what Miami needed this year was a running back. I see myself down there if at all possible."

Travis Henry, given permission by the Buffalo Bills to seek a trade, says he wants to play for Miami next season.

Henry, 26, rushed for 326 yards last season after gaining 1,438 and 1,356 in the previous two seasons. At the midpoint of last year, the Bills turned over the starting position to former University of Miami running back Willis McGahee.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry's made it blatantly clear that Miami is his first choice.

Facts are important, Crisis.

Jan 19: The Bills have given Henry's agent permission to speak with other teams about trading for the running back, and ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli indicates agent Hadley Engelhard already has several interested suitors. However, the Bills are seeking a second-round pick in exchange, and that price might be a little steep for some.

Given his choice, Henry apparently would prefer to be traded to Miami. "I would love to be down there," Henry told the Palm Beach Post. "I was talking to my agent about getting me down there. That's what Miami needed this year was a running back. I see myself down there if at all possible." However, the Dolphins traded their 2005 second-round pick for QB A.J. Feeley.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From ESPN.

Smithboy said:
By Joe Schad

DAVIE  Bills running back Travis Henry, who has been granted permission to seek a trade, said Monday that he wants to play for the Dolphins.

"I would love to be down there," Henry said from Orlando. "I was talking to my agent about getting me down there. That's what Miami needed this year was a running back. I see myself down there if at all possible."

Travis Henry, given permission by the Buffalo Bills to seek a trade, says he wants to play for Miami next season.

Henry, 26, rushed for 326 yards last season after gaining 1,438 and 1,356 in the previous two seasons. At the midpoint of last year, the Bills turned over the starting position to former University of Miami running back Willis McGahee.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its also important to note that Miami has nothing to trade this year! Whereas TB can trade a pick now to get travis

my point is that had this been this situation last year, these backs wouldve still been interested even with Wanny because of the gaping hole at RB
Exactly.......players want 2 things:

1)Start to get some of the limelight
2)Make big money

If there's a team out there that has an obvious position opening, FA's are naturally going to say they want to play there instead of a team w/an incumbent.

Fins can trade next year's 2nd Rounder, although I'd prefer to address RB in the draft.

Smithboy said:
By Joe Schad

First off- he has no control over where he goes. Yes, he said Miami is his first-choice, who wouldn't love to play on your ex-team's biggest rival? Not to mention his agent has unprofessionally been at RWS saying he wants to "****" over the team.

I don't buy into any of this stuff- Henry is on a mission to get the best possible deal for him, so the Bills will accept it. He's under contract. Maybe he feels the Dolphins have the most to offer?

As it stands now- Henry is reportedly being interested in by Carolina, Oakland, Miami, Tampa, and Arizona. Obviously picking one of those to be your first-choice would be a good way to get the bidding up.

But- you are right. I was wrong and mistaken about what Henry said.

Smithboy said:
Fins can trade next year's 2nd Rounder, although I'd prefer to address RB in the draft.
the Bills have no first rounder in 2005

they also would be much more willing to ship travis to the NFC this year for a pick in the upcoming draft than trading him to a division rival for a 2K6 pick

Agua said:
I think players would be more likely to want to play here now than if Wanny was still coach after a 4-12 season, yes. Prior to that, you've got to look at all the people who came here with Wanny as coach. Like I said, look at that list from the top of my head: Seau, Boston, RopeWeed, Knight, T-Buck dying to get in here ... Players have LONG wanted to play here man. They weren't avoiding the Phins because of Wanny. Unless you've got something other than "you get the feeling", which I've been waiting for you to produce.

That is all I have is a feeling. I don't know what players think. That is why I said I am Confident. I'm not going to argue over pety crap like this. I was just getting at the 3 Stars of the NFL said they want to play for Miami. That makes me confident. thats all. That makes me feel that if Saban wants a player he can get them. Don't you think that with the last 2 bad seasons we've had it would be hard for Wanny to bring good players to Miami? Like yall said though we need a RB they know it but if it became a war between the Raiders Cards and us we would still have a good chance because we all think that Saban is going to clean house on a few players who knows. I'm still going to be confident there is no need to fuss about it.

Henry's a good back, but from all accounts, this draft is loaded at RB.

If we're going to address the position via free agency at all, I'd take Lamont Jordan in a landslide.

Otherwise, we could easily fill this spot in April.

10-6 is not a bad season.

Look, I'm not picking on you Noland. I'm optimistic as well and like I said, it depends on what approach Saban is going to take as to how soon we'll be back on top of the pile, but we'll be back in the thick of the things, whether it's next year, or 3 years from now.

My point is that you need to *think* about what information you actually know, rather than just throwing something out there that you really have no base for, unless you identify the basis for your comment as being nothing more than a hunch. But the willingness of FA to come to Miami is nothing that wasn't the case with Wanny as well. Just in my estimation, it comes down to $, the opportunity to start, and the perceived ability of the team to be successful. Prior to this season, Miami had $ and a perceived contender and the FA have wanted to come.

Agua said:
10-6 is not a bad season.

Look, I'm not picking on you Noland. I'm optimistic as well and like I said, it depends on what approach Saban is going to take as to how soon we'll be back on top of the pile, but we'll be back in the thick of the things, whether it's next year, or 3 years from now.

My point is that you need to *think* about what information you actually know, rather than just throwing something out there that you really have no base for, unless you identify the basis for your comment as being nothing more than a hunch. But the willingness of FA to come to Miami is nothing that wasn't the case with Wanny as well. Just in my estimation, it comes down to $, the opportunity to start, and the perceived ability of the team to be successful. Prior to this season, Miami had $ and a perceived contender and the FA have wanted to come.

Understood, I'm just so excited to get this mess started 4 months from now we will know what we can do in 05 or hopefully have a idea.

Back
Top Bottom