Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad pennington? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad pennington?

Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad Pennington?

• YES, sign Chad "Noodle Arm" Pennington

Votes: 228 50.2%
  • NO, do NOT sign Chad "Noodle Arm" Pennington

Votes: 168 37.0%
  • Unsure/Undecided

Votes: 58 12.8%

• Total voters
i am a die hard dolphin fan from nyc. and my whole life ive been abusing that chicken arm little girl to my jets friends, now we might get him and the joke is on me. i rather go 1 and 15 again with beck or josh than 2 go 6 and 10 with pennington. yea he might be a little better than what we have now but we arent gonna win the super bowl with him and my man henne will be ready soon

If Chad is healthy i say go for it. When he was healthy he was a pro bowl caliber QB. and he can help us with the jets games

I think what you have to look at is, is Pennington better than McCown? If he is than we have to bring him in. If he comes in and stinks it up, put in Beck or even Henne after week 3 or 4.

One thing is for sure, people like Theismann will look like a genius if we bring Pennington in because of his comments about us not drafting the QB from BC if we really don't think Beck is our guy. If we bring in Pennington, we are pretty much saying Beck is not our guy and we should have just drafted Matt Ryan. At least that was a lot of the so called "analysts" thoughts!

This team is obviously in rebuilding mode. Bringing in Pennington does little to move that forward, unless they look to him long-term. Which, I highly doubt.

I think what you have to look at is, is Pennington better than McCown? If he is than we have to bring him in. If he comes in and stinks it up, put in Beck or even Henne after week 3 or 4.

One thing is for sure, people like Theismann will look like a genius if we bring Pennington in because of his comments about us not drafting the QB from BC if we really don't think Beck is our guy. If we bring in Pennington, we are pretty much saying Beck is not our guy and we should have just drafted Matt Ryan. At least that was a lot of the so called "analysts" thoughts!

The problem is, what if he doesnt stink it up and he is just good enough. At that point you are chosing to sit your young quarterbacks for quite some time- at least until this adminstration gives up on him. This year, next? And then bingo we are in 2010 and Henne is disgruntled, Beck is gone and chad is announcing his retirement.

And then we are right back where we have been for the last 10 years, looking for somone else thats has a bum knee, repaired shoulder or too many concussions to lead the team.

Why dont we see a quarterback worth anything hit the market? Because it just dosnt happen

Love the Pennington Avatar, you can just see the [sarcasm]perfect spiral[/sarcasm] thats going to fly into the opponents arms.

doesnt look like he is winding up to throw. looks like a spike attempt to me.

Heck we've had so many productive Qbs since Dan retired, why would we want a QB with an 88.9 career QB rating, and ratings of 82 and 86 over the past two seasons? Or a QB with completion % of 65.5 and 68.8 over the past two seasons? We get those kinds of numbers from our QBs all the time, right? :wink: :d-day:

i am a die hard dolphin fan from nyc. and my whole life ive been abusing that chicken arm little girl to my jets friends, now we might get him and the joke is on me. i rather go 1 and 15 again with beck or josh than 2 go 6 and 10 with pennington. yea he might be a little better than what we have now but we arent gonna win the super bowl with him and my man henne will be ready soon

no your man henne wont be

My God, what is it with you people and noodle-armed quarterback castoffs? It wasn't enough Gus Frerotte and Jay Fiedler wasted years off this franchises' possible return to glory? Now you want to appeal to the worst aspects of Bill Parcells personality: his safety-blanket desire to always start a veteran over a better, younger prospect. No matter how mediocre the vet is.

Oh my goodness, those are some juicy butts in that avatar! :d-day:

What the hell does Matt Ryan have to do with the possibility of bringing in Chad Pennington? If Beck's not the guy, that's why this regime drafted Chad Henne.

I would have to say that you should be for the move to bring him in, he is a backup's dream. He is only healthy for like 6 games a season. Lets give Henne a few more weeks to prepare, then he'll be playing without a qb contraversy

Definitely in favor of Pennington

Sure Pennington's not the best QB, but hes better than what we have now and has proven that hes a better QB than McNown in the past. So we have Pennington to be the QB until Henne is ready to take over. The other 2 can fight it out for third string.
I already cant wait for the first regualar season game when we have the drama of the Dolphins and Chad Pennington going against his old team aremd with Brett Favre. So glad football season is finally here.

Back
Top Bottom