Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad pennington? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad pennington?

Are you FOR or AGAINST signing Chad Pennington?

• YES, sign Chad "Noodle Arm" Pennington

Votes: 228 50.2%
  • NO, do NOT sign Chad "Noodle Arm" Pennington

Votes: 168 37.0%
  • Unsure/Undecided

Votes: 58 12.8%

• Total voters
You must really hate The Tuna then.

At least I dont have to cheer him on when the team takes the field on Sundays. I can deal with him easier than seeing the Jet's former franchise QB play for us.

As I said, I'm waffling. I've been waffling on it since the news came out. It's like bad tasting medicine. It may or may not be helpful. You may or may not need it. You could debate both. But either way, one thing you do know is that it tastes like ****.

As I said from the start:

1. His game does not mesh with a power ground game, I truly believe that.
2. He's better than McCown.

Hence, the waffling.

Yea, because Curtis Martin and that run game up there sucked with Pennington at QB. They never made it to the AFC title game and Martin dosent run with power at all. :rolleyes:

At least I dont have to cheer him on when the team takes the field on Sundays. I can deal with him easier than seeing the Jet's former franchise QB play for us.

This logic is so mind boggling...

So you blame Pennington for being drafted by a team, and playing his heart out for that team. But, you can swallow the fact that the Tuna freely chose to coach the Jets, and the Pats? Do you think Pennington will show up here as some spy or something for the Jets and try to throw games for them or something? :err:

I think I want a guy with a chip on his shoulder on our team, especially when he gets to shove it to his old team two times a year. There is nothing to lose by signing him aside from our cap space. And we might find a diamond in the rough that can be turned for a draft pick at the end of this season.

This logic is so mind boggling...

Hey bud, you just dont get it. I simply dont like the Jets, and I dont blame anyone for anything. This isnt a philosophy forum, and if you want to debate what "logic" then go somewhere else. I dont blame Pennington for anything. I simply dont like the Jets and their players - and that is exactly all I said. Its that simple.

Do you think Pennington will show up here as some spy or something for the Jets and try to throw games for them or something?

oh yea, this. Pennington is definitely a spy. Hes going to relay our playbook to the team that dumped him for a 38 year old QB:lol:

Id just like to give you some food for thought. Lets assume Pennington comes in and for those who want him, he plays well, sustains drives and keeps the turnovers down. Somehow the Phins squeeze out 7-9 or even 8-8. Ok. Now we pick most likely between 17-22 next draft. Well, you can forget about Vontae Davis, Ray Mauleuga, Laurinitis, Stafford or the corner from Ohio St. (name escapes me right now).

So we miss the playoffs anyway, still have no long term solution at qb, and now have a draft spot where we miss out on guys we desperately need at positions of need. For what? So we can see a few more wins this season? Id rather see 10 or 11 wins 2 years from now, than care how many we win this year when Parcells basically has remade half the roster. To each their own.

Sorry Bro but this is the very DEFINITION of a losing attitude... No offense meant but... Parcells and Co. had the right idea when they came in and said that the losing culture must be the FIRST thing to go.

Sorry Bro but this is the very DEFINITION of a losing attitude... No offense meant but... Parcells and Co. had the right idea when they came in and said that the losing culture must be the FIRST thing to go.

Exactly that is exactly why parcells wouldnt want to bring in an ageing quarterback with MULTIPLE shoulder repairs that played on a team that went 4-12 last year and has played for a team that has an OVERALL losing record for their entire HISTORY.

That is the definition of continuing a losing tradition

While I agree this is the defintion of a losing attitude I will go on to say that by signing Pennington we are less likely to see Henne play this year.

We need to establish our own QB and stop the "stop-gap" QB syndrome that has plagued the phins since Dan Marino.

I want to have my own Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, etc.

Yea, because Curtis Martin and that run game up there sucked with Pennington at QB. They never made it to the AFC title game and Martin dosent run with power at all. :rolleyes:
Pennington will be the best option at camp that we have so henne could sit, lets hope we sign him

I'm all for it.

Pennington is a smart ,accurate QB who will now have an axe to grind with his former team. Besides it would be nice to gather some valuable inside information about the opponent for a change.

There is very good reason why we contacted his agent immediately today folks.

I want Pennington, his gradma, and his first cousin. Keep bringing in QB's untill we find one thats decent. I would like any of the three we have to step up and be that guy,but they all seem about equal,mediocre at best. This speaks well for Henne, not so good for Beck and McCown. We are in this mess because of coaches being married to their guy. Dumbstadt and the original noodle arm/Satan and Frerote,Camoron and scrmabled eggs. You think C.P. is the same J.F., 5 words Monday Friggin Night Miracle.I broke two lamps and an end table and did not sleep till the next night.

I want Pennington, his gradma, and his first cousin. Keep bringing in QB's untill we find one thats decent. I would like any of the three we have to step up and be that guy,but they all seem about equal,mediocre at best. This speaks well for Henne, not so good for Beck and McCown. We are in this mess because of coaches being married to their guy. Dumbstadt and the original noodle arm/Satan and Frerote,Camoron and scrmabled eggs. You think C.P. is the same J.F., 5 words Monday Friggin Night Miracle.I broke two lamps and an end table and did not sleep till the next night.

and much to everyones suprise we are in the same exact postion next year...Maybe McNabb can bust up a knee and MAYBE, just maybe we have a chance to get him next year... anyone?

Id just like to give you some food for thought. Lets assume Pennington comes in and for those who want him, he plays well, sustains drives and keeps the turnovers down. Somehow the Phins squeeze out 7-9 or even 8-8. Ok. Now we pick most likely between 17-22 next draft. Well, you can forget about Vontae Davis, Ray Mauleuga, Laurinitis, Stafford or the corner from Ohio St. (name escapes me right now).

So we miss the playoffs anyway, still have no long term solution at qb, and now have a draft spot where we miss out on guys we desperately need at positions of need. For what? So we can see a few more wins this season? Id rather see 10 or 11 wins 2 years from now, than care how many we win this year when Parcells basically has remade half the roster. To each their own.

So now finishing 8-8 would be a bad thing, especially after going 1-15 last year? And who the hell says any of those guys get drafted by the Dolphins, let alone that they will be great NFL players?

Im for Signing him, hes not a Jet no more so that doesnt bother me. Pennington is a better option at qb then what we already have, so sure why not, i dont want another 1 win season and if pennington can help us better then our other qbs (which imo he can), i want him.

Back
Top Bottom