Are You Glad That Tannehill Will Be Back This Week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are You Glad That Tannehill Will Be Back This Week?

yey or ney

• Total voters
We know Osweiler isn’t any good. That’s why everyone here was pissed when gase signed him. I have no expectations for him. Tannehill on the other hand, yeah I have higher expectations because he’s a #8 overall pick that’s supposed to be the face of the franchise, so I’m going to be critical when he has beck like pick 6s or passes behind WRs or overthrowing WRs. I never understand why people don’t have higher expectations for Tannehill and are content with his average play but wanna destroy crappy Osweiler on game days. People have it backwards. Btw this isn’t directed at you.
I get where youre coming from

and @ that bolded part, I think a lot of this came about after alot of the brock = tanne posts

I’m glad he’s back but I don’t believe he’ll finish the game. I think he’ll come in, make a few throws, take a couple of hits and be placed on IR.

I'm not. If I had my way, I wouldn't have TanneKILL start another game for us this season ... then Id finally release him in the off-season. I'm sick of his mediocre, "I gotta play better", self every single season. I am so ready to move on from him.

If your not glad you should seriously give some thought as to if you should continue rooting for the dolphins.

While that's true, there were a number of folks who have said they don't want to root for us when Brock is out there. If you are a true fan you root for the team irregardless of whose under center. Although a big caveat here and the way unfortunately the NFL is set up, sometimes it's better for our long term interests to sacrifice our short terms desires.

To the question, absolutely I'm glad, I'm obviously in the camp of wanting the guy off the team but always will remain open to him eventually putting this team on his back and prove the faith so many of you have in him is not misplaced. I would love for you guys to tell me "I told you so", absolutely love it. I don't think that will ever happen (and I am discounting the brief stretch in 2016 where he road the coatails of our RB on a weak schedule, where one member on here proclaimed him for his 12th rating for QB accuracy, say it with me 12th !! Because that's really no achievement:)). That's why imo it's better for this whole organisation to part ways with the guy at the end of the season, but I said to myself I would give him this year to prove to me he's more than his record over his time in the NFL and in College has shown, so that's what I will do. Good luck to him on Sunday, hope we stuff those cheating suck for Luck colts.

I don't think you've read through some of these comments then lol

LOL... believe me, I have read them... same comments ad nauseum.... This team hasn't done anything for years and it gets old....and the comments are always the same in a nutshell... need a new QB...fire the coaches blah blah blah

Everyone on this site can see specific reasons why we aren't good... but the FO can't seem to see what we see... even with different teams every year improving drastically as if it's magic... our FO can't seem to understand what it takes to become relevant … which we aren't with or without Tannehill... he has had enough time to excel at something but I can't think of one thing that separates him from any other average QB...good enough to play in this league yet not good enough to be a difference maker

Were tied for a playoff spot. Can everyone agree this is it? No more excuses. I don't care about the injuries, I don't care about the playcalling. It's been too long already. If he can't get us to the playoffs this year then he just doesn't have it. This team is not great but it's not full of scrubs either. A great QB would find a way.

Odd options. I'm glad he's back but I wish he would heal a bit longer and we give Fales a shot. I don't think we win the game either way, but at least with Fales theres a chance of greatness. With RT we have a mediocre injured player whom has shown his gameplay against good teams.

And as always I will end with, but f*ck it, let's go Fins whoever starts!

"Glad" is a stretch for me at this point. There is literally no viable scenario that would elicit happiness.

The best I can do us limit disappointment, and anger.

I didn't expect this team to be world beaters, and I understand the injuries are brutal.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Fales, but coaches jobs are on the line (one can hope). So I see why it's 17 for now.

If your not glad you should seriously give some thought as to if you should continue rooting for the dolphins.
I understand where you are coming from. Ryan gives us a substantially better chance to win.

I can also see that RT is likely not in the future plans. Some ppl feel that once you have decided to move on, the best thing is to get started. On the other hand, if coaching, or front office changes are coming, there is no sense doing anything but playing out the string.

I'm not in favor of tanking games. That a Jets type move.

I’m more meh. Osweiler wasn’t good, but neither is Tannehill.

Game 83 for Tannehill isn’t going to be any different than the other 82. Below average qb play. Sluggish offense that struggles to score points.

I’m more meh. Osweiler wasn’t good, but neither is Tannehill.

Game 83 for Tannehill isn’t going to be any different than the other 82. Below average qb play. Sluggish offense that struggles to score points.
That would be a no then.

I don't care who is at QB. I want to win. If Ray Lucas gives us the best chance I'd say bring him back from retirement. :lol:

In regards to your post....
Reading through some of these threads.... wow. I'm glad that we should have some competent qb play for the first time in a month, and hopefully he doesn't get jarred too much. He's going to be sore throwing and the next day too. But I'll gladly take a fighting chance at winning some remaining games.

So what is the feeling of the forum overall? This is black and white. You are either happy he is back in the lineup, or not.
..the 'wow' you and others brought upon yourselves. Osweiler is not a good QB but declaring that our decimated receiver corps and our decimated OL was good enough to win and Ryan would have done so much better and would have won most of the games you have now eliminated any possible excuses. The OL and our receivers cannot be used as an excuse. Period. I am expecting Ryan to throw deep all day long to a depleted group of WRs.
And your excuse about soreness? No. No other QB gets the benefit of being rusty, being sore or need syncing time. Neither should Ryan get that benefit.

I am glad that he is back because he has 6 games left to reach his ceiling. :victory

Back
Top Bottom