Are you willing to trade up again this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you willing to trade up again this year?

dnespins

Active Roster
Reaction score
first of all, forget about the dion jordan trade last year. you can't say "well, we traded up last year, we can't do it again this year." the bottom line is, is there a player available in a reasonable trade up that can come in and make an immediate impact on this team as a week 1 starter that we can't get at #19?

the rams are the most logical place to start, as they have two first round picks. #2 and #13.

rams send
#13 overall
#75 (#11 3rd round)

dolphins send
#19 overall
#50 (#18 2nd round) (if you still value 2nd round picks you haven't been a dolphins fan for very long)

not sure if anyone still uses the trade value chart, but its 1365 to 1275 in favor of us, which amounts to an additional 4th round pick. i would NOT do the deal for our 4th round pick as well.

we still have 3 picks in the top 81.

1st #13
3rd #75
3rd #81

I say trade down and pick up another 2nd.. Our needs run deep in this draft..

Only one worthy is Watkins and he a luxury for us not a need. I wouldn't want to trade up this year but of there was a gun to my head I would go after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way. If anything trade down for extra. The guy at 13 will only be marginally better than that of the guy at 19 and that goes for most of the draft. The top needs are OL, LB, RB, TE. RB makes no sense first round so dont need to trade up for one. TE other than Ebron you can use a second rounder and still get a top TE. LB if Mosely goes Shazier will be available. OL there are so many guys that are close in skill and at 13 you trade up for Lewan and his issues may not be wanted in Miami, Robinson and Mathews will be gone, that leaves Martin who has a good shot at being there at 19 and if not there are other options available.

Why? For who?

ryan tannehill is ready to break out IF we can give him a legit weapon and redzone threat like mike evans. he might not fall to 13 though and dont kid yourself, ebron is not falling to 19. who is going to do more for ryan tannehill? evans/ebron or zack martin? we can find a guard. we're not gonna find an evans or ebron.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Only one worthy is Watkins and he a luxury for us not a need. I wouldn't want to trade up this year but of there was a gun to my head I would go after him.

since when did playmaking skill position players become a luxury?

Again he can't score with 17 on his back. We have other pressing priorities.

ryan tannehill is ready to break out IF we can give him a legit weapon and redzone threat like mike evans. he might not fall to 13 though and dont kid yourself, ebron is not falling to 19. who is going to do more for ryan tannehill? evans/ebron or zack martin? we can find a guard. we're not gonna find an evans or ebron.

Zack Martin will do more for Tannehill. He has not had a good OL in this league yet. He has shown flashes of being great QB and with the time to actually make plays from a great OL those flashes can turn into regular play for him.

If they dont get any OL in the draft they might as well trade up and get a top QB because Tannehill wont be able to hold up if he keeps getting hit at the rate he is.

If Z Martin is gone then trade down to about 25 which is better spot to get Su'a-Filo or Shazier.

p.s. If Hageman, Donald, & Nix as well as the CB's (Dennard and Gilbert) all selected in the top 1/2; Z Martin should be available.

I'd love to trade up to get a legit LT.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

around here you would think zack martin is going to lead this team to the super bowl. he's a guard, people.

I've given up on this front. I think people saw mock drafts, and tied it into FA and said "Perfect! Let's sign all other positions and pretend Martin will be a stud RT". Nothing you can do but let the season play out.

If Z Martin is gone then trade down to about 25 which is better spot to get Su'a-Filo or Shazier.

p.s. If Hageman, Donald, & Nix as well as the CB's (Dennard and Gilbert) all selected in the top 1/2; Z Martin should be available.

I only see around 5 teams that would got OT before we pick and 2 are NYG and PIT and they have other needs that i dont see them reaching for Martin if they cant get any of the top 3. Giants could go TE or LB and PIT could go CB or S. Martin should be there at 19 unless a team trades up above us to get him.

Draft is very deep and trading up would be pointless. I get that we want a big threat on offense but Tannehill HAS weapons. Wallace is capable of 1200 yards if him and tannehill can get on the same page. Hartline is good for 1k and Gibson and Matthews bring up the rare in one of te deeper depth wr cores in the league. Clay can make big plays and so can miller with his speed. However miller can't break away if he's hit in the backfield and wr are useless with tannehill spending more time looking at the sky rather than reading defenses. Only reason I can see a trade up is if we don't think a premier Olinemen will fall to us at 15. Draft the best tackle/guard we can get in round 1 and 2. May not be fancy but it'll give us a young good line for the next 5-7 years.

If there isn't a legit weapon at 19, trade down and pick up another 2nd.

No. I wouldn't. There are going to be players who would be top-10 picks in most drafts at 19 (Zach Martin obviously not being one of them).

Back
Top Bottom