Are you willing to trade up again this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you willing to trade up again this year?

im no OL guru but i've read a lot of people saying things like this:

With less than ideal length and lateral range, Martin's NFL future may lie inside at guard, where he never played in college. The move to guard is necessary because Martin does not possess great height, arm length or foot speed. He chucks his way back (rather than sliding) for an effective if not aesthetically-pleasing form of pass protection.

As to size, Martin measured in at the combine at 6-4.5 and 308 lbs. His arms are one inch shorter than 6-7 Taylor Lewan. I looked at his kick slide quite a bit and what I see is a good, fluid athlete with quick feet and reflexes/mirroring. It's all just opinions, and I was very much lukewarm on Martin at first. My basic opinion now, after watching a decent amount of film on him, is that I understand why he's creeping into top 15 projections for the draft. Given our OL needs, his talent and his versatility, if Martin is there at #19 I'm taking him.

i agree. wallace got open a ton deep and we weren't able to get him the ball. and many times it wasn't the protection that caused us to miss. it was a bad throw. either way it doesn't help us in the redzone and even with a ton of time the deep ball is not a high percentage play anyway. also, unless mike wants to take a serious pay cut, he won't be back in miami next year at 12 mil. we can cut him with no cap hit. he's gone. as for hartline and gibson, both solid, but pedestrian possession guys coming off knee injuries. i think evans and ebron are going to be stars and i would go after them instead of settling for a guard at 19.

No doubt Evans( Stud) and Ebron would be awesome but we would have to sell the farm to get either one of them.. No thanks..

Lets say Johnny football by some freak occurrence is still there at 19? Do you still go with BPA? Or would he not be the BPA?

There is a possibility that something like this could very well present itself to us at 19 in this draft. What do you do when someone like this is still there at 19.

Lets say Johnny football by some freak occurrence is still there at 19? Do you still go with BPA? Or would he not be the BPA?

There is a possibility that something like this could very well present itself to us at 19 in this draft. What do you do when someone like this is still there at 19.

Wait until the next draft.. QB selection is much deeper and better..

i agree. wallace got open a ton deep and we weren't able to get him the ball. and many times it wasn't the protection that caused us to miss. it was a bad throw. either way it doesn't help us in the redzone and even with a ton of time the deep ball is not a high percentage play anyway. also, unless mike wants to take a serious pay cut, he won't be back in miami next year at 12 mil. we can cut him with no cap hit. he's gone. as for hartline and gibson, both solid, but pedestrian possession guys coming off knee injuries. i think evans and ebron are going to be stars and i would go after them instead of settling for a guard at 19.

Those bad throws you talk about are because he is rushing the throw because there are guys in his face . Its more than just sacks. He was hit and hurried on so many plays it was ridiculous.

How do you expect to cut Wallace without a cap hit? If he is cut the dead money is 9.8 millon. Hartline is a possession guy for 3rd downs and important plays. Gibson is the redzone target once he got in rhythm with Tannehill. 3 TD is a game and a half before he was injured all redzone TD's if I'm not mistaken. Don't forget about Charles Clay who converted a few TD's in the redzone as well.

Its not settling for a guard, its getting a hybrid guy who can play either Tackle or Guard potentially at a high level. If you get Evans he plays the WR3 spot. You get Ebron he takes the second TE and takes plays away from arguably out best play maker last season. If you get Martin he plays every offensive snap and will be solid and be a starter for 10 years.

This is one the deepest drafts in years. Trade down if possible.

Those bad throws you talk about are because he is rushing the throw because there are guys in his face . Its more than just sacks. He was hit and hurried on so many plays it was ridiculous.

How do you expect to cut Wallace without a cap hit? If he is cut the dead money is 9.8 millon. Hartline is a possession guy for 3rd downs and important plays. Gibson is the redzone target once he got in rhythm with Tannehill. 3 TD is a game and a half before he was injured all redzone TD's if I'm not mistaken. Don't forget about Charles Clay who converted a few TD's in the redzone as well.

Its not settling for a guard, its getting a hybrid guy who can play either Tackle or Guard potentially at a high level. If you get Evans he plays the WR3 spot. You get Ebron he takes the second TE and takes plays away from arguably out best play maker last season. If you get Martin he plays every offensive snap and will be solid and be a starter for 10 years.

yeah wallace has a dead money hit. for some reason i was thinking his massive cap hit his first 2 years with the guaranteed money was because they didnt prorate his signing bonus. they did. they can still designate him post june 1 cut and defer some of it but still, why again are people proclaiming dawn aponte a guru. looking at these wallace, ellerbe and wheeler deals says otherwise.

gibson and hartline are solid but theyre arent any kind of threat or mismatch. and what about their knee injuries? as for clay, nice story, solid h-back. inline seam threat? no. big target redzone threat? no. evans or ebron would do wonders for this offense. far more than zack martin.

first of all, forget about the dion jordan trade last year. you can't say "well, we traded up last year, we can't do it again this year." the bottom line is, is there a player available in a reasonable trade up that can come in and make an immediate impact on this team as a week 1 starter that we can't get at #19?

the rams are the most logical place to start, as they have two first round picks. #2 and #13.

rams send
#13 overall
#75 (#11 3rd round)

dolphins send
#19 overall
#50 (#18 2nd round) (if you still value 2nd round picks you haven't been a dolphins fan for very long)

not sure if anyone still uses the trade value chart, but its 1365 to 1275 in favor of us, which amounts to an additional 4th round pick. i would NOT do the deal for our 4th round pick as well.

we still have 3 picks in the top 81.

1st #13
3rd #75
3rd #81

I don't understand the point of suggesting we trade up without suggesting who we trade up for?

yeah wallace has a dead money hit. for some reason i was thinking his massive cap hit his first 2 years with the guaranteed money was because they didnt prorate his signing bonus. they did. they can still designate him post june 1 cut and defer some of it but still, why again are people proclaiming dawn aponte a guru. looking at these wallace, ellerbe and wheeler deals says otherwise. gibson and hartline are solid but theyre arent any kind of threat or mismatch. and what about their knee injuries? as for clay, nice story, solid h-back. inline seam threat? no. big target redzone threat? no. evans or ebron would do wonders for this offense. far more than zack martin.
We didn't have a choice. Signing bonuses are always spread out against the cap equally over the whole contract length. When you get rid of the player before his contract runs out the remaining signing bonus will count against the cap immediately. That's a hard rule and the team do not have the option to do it any other way.

If I was gonna trade up it definitely wouldn't be for mike Evans...

nobody is megatron. mike evans is the next brandon marshall, though, and i'll take that with the 13th pick all day long.

nobody is megatron. mike evans is the next brandon marshall, though, and i'll take that with the 13th pick all day long.

Mike Evans may be b marsh...but he doesn't play to his timed speed he wears DBS in his hip everywhere and pushes off or rips thru at the college level to get the separation he does get...for a big body wr he does get off the Los pretty well but it's gonna depend on how much nfl officials let him get away with as to how productive he will be...

I wouldn't take him in the top 20...I would let someone else go there...only 2 wrs I would are Watkins and lee

We didn't have a choice. Signing bonuses are always spread out against the cap equally over the whole contract length. When you get rid of the player before his contract runs out the remaining signing bonus will count against the cap immediately. That's a hard rule and the team do not have the option to do it any other way.

tell me again why dawn aponte is a cap guru? as for his accelerated 9.6 hit they would desginate him june 1st to defer some of it to 2016.

Such a losing argument to say Ebron or a wr does more for us than OL. You're sounding ridiculous man. You can't just load up on skill positions

Back
Top Bottom