Are you willing to trade up again this year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you willing to trade up again this year?

first of all, forget about the dion jordan trade last year. you can't say "well, we traded up last year, we can't do it again this year." the bottom line is, is there a player available in a reasonable trade up that can come in and make an immediate impact on this team as a week 1 starter that we can't get at #19?

the rams are the most logical place to start, as they have two first round picks. #2 and #13.

rams send
#13 overall
#75 (#11 3rd round)

dolphins send
#19 overall
#50 (#18 2nd round) (if you still value 2nd round picks you haven't been a dolphins fan for very long)

not sure if anyone still uses the trade value chart, but its 1365 to 1275 in favor of us, which amounts to an additional 4th round pick. i would NOT do the deal for our 4th round pick as well.

we still have 3 picks in the top 81.

1st #13
3rd #75
3rd #81

I don't want to trade up. I'm generally not a fan but I also think there is plenty of value at positions of need for the Phins to stay up at 19 and get good value.

Also it's kind of silly to say 2nd round picks have no value because of previous years' picks.

Hell no! We need all the picks we can get this year. Ireland "shot his wad" last year by moving up, and blew it quite frankly! Looking at it now, that move was a huge mistake...all his picks last year look like mistakes.

Mike Evans may be b marsh...but he doesn't play to his timed speed he wears DBS in his hip everywhere and pushes off or rips thru at the college level to get the separation he does get...for a big body wr he does get off the Los pretty well but it's gonna depend on how much nfl officials let him get away with as to how productive he will be...

I wouldn't take him in the top 20...I would let someone else go there...only 2 wrs I would are Watkins and lee

this is what i love. this is what i want. big physical receiver with great hands and ball skills that will abuse corners and go get it in traffic. he steps in day 1 as an immediate redzone threat. plus, evans is a ***** to bring down and will get yac with broken tackles. i do like watkins, i just think evans benefits RT more.

I think you meant 2015 not 2016.

no, after this season the 2015 league year starts and we would designate wallace a june 1 cut so 2.2 would count in 2015 and the remaining 7.4 would hit in 2016.

I don't understand the point of suggesting we trade up without suggesting who we trade up for?

yeah i didnt want to make it about one player. more to gauge thoughts on it. people dont seem to want to go for a real impact player but rather trade down and get volume. i'd rather have a day 1 impact starter not a bunch of projects.

I don't want to trade down either this year. I think 19 is a decent spot in the first round this year to get a good starter.

no, after this season the 2015 league year starts and we would designate wallace a june 1 cut so 2.2 would count in 2015 and the remaining 7.4 would hit in 2016.

The June 1st cut applies to next season, 2015, not 2016.

As OverTheCap.com explains it
When a player is cut on or after June 1, only the current year's prorated bonus and guaranteed base salaries (if they exist) count against the current cap year. All other such cap money is accelerated against next year's cap.

Remember that although a team may use a June 1 designation to cut a player before June 1, the team cannot get the benefits of the designation until June 1. Before then, the team must carry all guarantees against the current cap year, like a normal cut.

Such a losing argument to say Ebron or a wr does more for us than OL. You're sounding ridiculous man. You can't just load up on skill positions

but you can load up on linemen? because if we do take OL at 19 we will have 3 former first round OL and nothing but mid to late round picks at the skill positions.

its just a difference of opinion. i want to coach em up and overachieve on the OL and get the talent at the skill positions.

the only reason we missed the playoffs last season is because our OL gave up 50+ sacks. With that said, drafting OL is the most important. If Lewan or Matthews is there even at 10, I would trade up. We made a mistake not picking Lane Johnson when we traded up last year; I like Dion Jordan but Odrick, Vernon and Wake do a fine job at the ends. Lane Johnson was needed.

I would take OT and OG with our first 2 picks.

If Martin, Lewan and Mosley are gone then trade down.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

but you can load up on linemen? because if we do take OL at 19 we will have 3 former first round OL and nothing but mid to late round picks at the skill positions.

its just a difference of opinion. i want to coach em up and overachieve on the OL and get the talent at the skill positions.

Did you watch football last season?? Like at all?

Back
Top Bottom