Are you willing to trade up again this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you willing to trade up again this year?

It depends on who Miami is targeting. Personally, I'd be targeting CJ Mosley so a trade up to #13 with the Rams might make sense. A lot of mocks I've seen have Mosley going to Pittsburgh. But I don't see the team trading up too many spots.

If the Dolphins are targeting a player like Zach Martin, though, I'd rather trade down and get more picks. I like Martin, but Miami could get a similar talent in someone like David Yankey maybe eight picks lower. That could net them an extra #2 in a loaded draft.

around here you would think zack martin is going to lead this team to the super bowl. he's a guard, people.

You think Ebron and Evans are gonna lead us o a superbowl? This team already has guys who can get open and make plays but you cant see them make any playes because Tannehill cant get the ball out of hand. Everyone rags on Wallace because the production wasnt there but i lost count halfway through the season how many times he was wide open but we couldnt get the ball to him because of hits, sacks and hurries.

Trade down to the late 20's and grab an additional 2nd or 3rd. Then grab Sua Filo at the end of the first, and a LB in the 2nd. Hope Shazier falls dude is a beast.

As the OP said, if youve been a Phins fan for a while, you would know 2nd rounders have bust written all over them, especially when we had two picks in the second round. We simply cant pick them, even before Ireland/Parcells.

Merling and Henne (2 picks)
Sean Smith and Pat White (2 picks)
Daniel Thomas
John Beck
Matt Roth
Eddie Moore
Todd Wade
Rob Conrad
JJ Johnson

Even when we trade the picks we still get little payoff like Brandon MArshall and AJ Feeley. As far as Im concerned, trade out of the second round every year.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

And how could I forget our famous Jonathan Martin.

In general no, I'd prefer to keep every draft pick we have. This is an epic draft with phenomenal depth at CB, WR and even OT. There are only 2 scenarios I could see us moving up. Either we trade up to get Taylor Lewan, or we think Zack Martin is going to Pittsburgh, Baltimore or another team that traded up to get him.

That being said, if they gave us the scenario the OP listed, I'd take that. While our pick in the 2nd round will likely net us a better overall player, the 3rd round is where the next tier of OL will be taken, so I'd be ok with swapping our 2nd for a 3rd if we could get a Taylor Lewan in round 1, and come back in round 3 and grab James Hurst and Lache Seastrunk. That wouldn't be a bad haul at all.

I would trade up for Mack but it would cost an arm and a leg so wont happen. If Lewan or Matthews somehow make it to 10 I would entertain a move up. At the end of the day though I see us sitting pat and taking BPA.

I think Mosley will be there @ #19. I see the Steelers taking Martin at #15.. I'm a Defensive guy so Mosley would be my target if we stay put @ #19.. In the second, look for Yankey or Moses at OT and the third Chris Borland or Bishop Sankey.

Only for Sammy Watkins. That guy will be a stud. Larry Fitz type WR

Why do you say that Zack Martin is a Guard?

im no OL guru but i've read a lot of people saying things like this:

With less than ideal length and lateral range, Martin's NFL future may lie inside at guard, where he never played in college. The move to guard is necessary because Martin does not possess great height, arm length or foot speed. He chucks his way back (rather than sliding) for an effective if not aesthetically-pleasing form of pass protection.

Only for Sammy Watkins. That guy will be a stud. Larry Fitz type WR

If I could walk away with the 1st 4 rounds with this I'd be pretty happy about it:

1. Zack Martin
2. Weston Richburg/Brandon Thompson
3. Martavis Bryant
4. OLBs Yawin Smallwood/Telvin Smith

And if some of those guys are gone I'd look at RB Jeremy Hill, LB Christian Jones, TE CJ Fiedorowicz, OLB Kyle van Noy and OG Trai Turner. I Like Sammy Watkins, but we have our #1 in Mike Wallace. I think that a Brandin Cooks would be a lower cost, nice compliment to Wallace, more of a slot guy.

We have to bite the bullett and get an o-line. No o-line, no running game, no o-line no time to throw and your QB gets hammered all year. If Martin is there at 19 I think we have to just take him as a plug and play guy day 1. Maybe we could start Garner, Thomas or Brenner and there's our starting 5. Go LB in round 2 and fill in from there.

Z.Martin is a tackle not a guard,in fact has never played guard.I believe he could excel there but if we draft him its to play rt for a couple years and then transition to lt when Albert ages out!Why all the love for Mosley? Bama players usually come with injury history,baggage or product of being surrounded by other great players. Ingram sucks.Richardson sucks,Rolando McClain out of fooIball.Terrance Cody blows etc....The only thing that prevented us from the playoffs was the o-line.Ya would love Watkins,Evans or Ebron but o=line comes first.I agree mlb needs to be addressed but not in 1st rd. If Martin is gone go after Shazier or Pryor then address line with Moses,Mewhort,J.James,Bintonio orFleming

You think Ebron and Evans are gonna lead us o a superbowl? This team already has guys who can get open and make plays but you cant see them make any playes because Tannehill cant get the ball out of hand. Everyone rags on Wallace because the production wasnt there but i lost count halfway through the season how many times he was wide open but we couldnt get the ball to him because of hits, sacks and hurries.

i agree. wallace got open a ton deep and we weren't able to get him the ball. and many times it wasn't the protection that caused us to miss. it was a bad throw. either way it doesn't help us in the redzone and even with a ton of time the deep ball is not a high percentage play anyway. also, unless mike wants to take a serious pay cut, he won't be back in miami next year at 12 mil. we can cut him with no cap hit. he's gone. as for hartline and gibson, both solid, but pedestrian possession guys coming off knee injuries. i think evans and ebron are going to be stars and i would go after them instead of settling for a guard at 19.

No. But very willing to bail out for more picks.

Back
Top Bottom