Are you willing to Welcome Jason Taylor Back to miami? POLL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you willing to Welcome Jason Taylor Back to miami? POLL

Are you welcoming JT back as a PHIN??

• Absolutely one of the all-time great Dolphins glad to have him back

Votes: 228 58.6%
  • Hell no. Hes a trader and can not be forgiven

Votes: 74 19.0%
  • Dont care either way just another veteran situational player

Votes: 87 22.4%

• Total voters
I don't really care. If he makes it to the final roster then yeah I will be pulling for him like all the other players that make the team. I am a fan of the DOLPHINS team not individuals.

I don't care. So he went to the Jets who we split with. It's not like the Jets beat us 56-0 in 2 games with JT haviong 6 sacks or anything. I welcome him back and think he is a great fit for his role which will be a situational pass rusher who will hopefully take a tad of attention off Wake.

He can come crawling back but don't give him #99 that is for Kevin Burnett

he didnt come crawling bk he was told by parcells that WE DONT NEED YOU ANYMORE and he wanted to play football the game he loves and no other team offered him a contract now that parcells is gone LOOK WHERE MR TAYLOR IS . MIAMI BABY. imo HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE IF YOU ARE TOLD TO LEAVE

I still can't stand him. I will never hold him in the same regard as zach. He is old and washed up and a waste of a roster spot. I hope they legitimately give him a fair evaluation during training camp and cut him if he looks washed up. The dolphins organization and fan base owes him nothing so if he doesn't cut it, we need to cut him. He is dead weight at this points

I'm going to go ahead and do this now: I predict 8 sacks for JT this season. If he flames out and gets cut in camp I'll be the first one to eat crow. But I'm predicting 8 sacks or more.

JT, wanted to stay last year for less money than he could have recv elsewhere......and yet we still did not want him, but yet some consider him the traitor when we kept players like Charlie Anderson & Moses?????????

I still can't stand him. I will never hold him in the same regard as zach. He is old and washed up and a waste of a roster spot. I hope they legitimately give him a fair evaluation during training camp and cut him if he looks washed up. The dolphins organization and fan base owes him nothing so if he doesn't cut it, we need to cut him. He is dead weight at this points

You haven't forgiven him. That's OK.

Off topic: Your avitar pic - that's from Dan's luncheon in Canton at his HOF weekend isn't it? :lol: I think I was standing next to you. :up: (the chick in the foreground looks familiar)

no matter what some people may say, here is the bottom line.

when jason taylor puts brady, sanchez, or whatever opposing qb on his ***, or makes a big int, ff, etc, we are all going to be cheering.

when it comes to the dolphins, i root for the jersey, not the player specifically. obviously, as with most people i have my favorite players who i like more than others on our team, but i cheer for the jersey, so no matter who makes the big play i am just as happy.

we will all love jt when he makes a play for us starting week 1 this year.

Rediculous idea.

Whether you like it or not, JT is a Miami Dolphins icon.

Yes, Burnett will have a MUCH greater impact both this year and going forward - but #99 is JT's.

Couldn't disagree more, if Burnett wants 99 it's his, he's gonna be the big impact player not Jason Traitor.

no matter what some people may say, here is the bottom line.

when jason taylor puts brady, sanchez, or whatever opposing qb on his ***, or makes a big int, ff, etc, we are all going to be cheering.

when it comes to the dolphins, i root for the jersey, not the player specifically. obviously, as with most people i have my favorite players who i like more than others on our team, but i cheer for the jersey, so no matter who makes the big play i am just as happy.

we will all love jt when he makes a play for us starting week 1 this year.

Yes, that's because we the fans don't get a say in whether he can come here and "sack" for us. If I could I wouldn't be FORCED to cheer for him. I didn't want to be FORCED to root for Ricky when he came back but I did. It kinda sucks actually. And it will be a smaller cheer than say if, Wake gets a sack, or Vontae gets an INT or Marshall grabs a TD. But yes your right, we have to cheer the uniform to be DolFans.

2 of the last 3 years he's elected to be elsewhere (despite the revisionist history about not getting an offer). Sure he was a great defender for us, although lacking the heart of his brother in law. Although he came up short when it mattered most, I can understand the residual affection some have including forgiveness if not outright absolution. I find it disingenuous though that likely most of those same folks welcoming him back individually or because he's gonna be part of the aqua/orange brotherhood are not extending anywhere close to the same consideration to Henne who's put up with a lot of **** here, never complained and will be wearing the same jersey ... even worse, actually rooting against him. :idk:

Yes, that's because we the fans don't get a say in whether he can come here and "sack" for us. If I could I wouldn't be FORCED to cheer for him. I didn't want to be FORCED to root for Ricky when he came back but I did. It kinda sucks actually. And it will be a smaller cheer than say if, Wake gets a sack, or Vontae gets an INT or Marshall grabs a TD. But yes your right, we have to cheer the uniform to be DolFans.
i hear that, but as you said, we must root for the team, not the individual, so if Taylor makes a big play we are all going to cheer for him whether we still like him or not.

personally with Jason Taylor, I'm willing to forgive.

His first time leaving the dolphins, i was really depressed because i couldn't see Jason Taylor playing in any other uniform aside from aqua. however, i understood that since we seemed to be in a rebuilding mode that year, and he was getting up their in age looking for a ring, we got value for him and we let him pursue his ring( although obviously the skins did not make the playoffs that year and we won our division)

the second time he left, i was a bit more upset with him for choosing to go to the jets. if it is true however that we did not want him back, and no other team in the nfl was offering him a contract, if he wanted to play football still, as much as it pained us to see him in green, what should the other options be from his standpoint? He wants to keep playing, and is only being offered one contract, why wouldnt he take it? im sure if any other team offered him a contract, he would have went their rather than the jets. Also, by him coming back to us now shows me a little that he is a complete front runner just like after the 08 season he came back to us when we looked good again. not saying we are awful now. as a matter of fact we are pretty solid, but we still have zero qb, yet he is still willing to come back here when im sure there are many better options.

if we were able to forgive Ricky, their is zero reason we should not be able to forgive Jason Taylor. I will never forget the day when Ricky just retired abruptly in late July right before training camp. he really screwed us big time, and a year that had looked full of promise was ripped apart from us just like that, so sudden.

people will learn to love Jason Taylor again, and hopefully he will bring us many great moments again.

i know this is Hollywood, but how great of an ending to a career would it be if he comes back to us and finishes his career with a Superbowl win and goes off into retirement on that big a high. i know its highly unlikely, but hey if we get a solid qb even, weirder things have happened.

Back
Top Bottom