Areas That Mike McDaniel Needs to Improve in Year Two with the Miami Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Areas That Mike McDaniel Needs to Improve in Year Two with the Miami Dolphins

I understand you don't want the same guy doing overall game management AND calling plays.

I doubt that is an option here for the time being, irrespective of who is the OC. Your post said you wanted him to hire a "capable" OC. I was just pointing out that that is not really what you want. You want him to give up either the play calling duties or the HC duties. I'm saying that is not realistic at this time.
No, if I had the choice personally I’d have him be the HC not the OC and definitely not both at the same time. This is a moot point anyway but you asked

I guess you wouldn’t want Andy Reid or Kyle Shanahan either? Two of the best in the business.
Ha! Kind of a dumb point. They’re proven McD is not
If he proves otherwise then fine but history says it’s not easy to do. Very few are are successful at dual roles on the NFL level

Yeah, not sure what's with the big complaints.

I don't know about "big" complaints, but the article lists the weaknesses in Mcd's game FH has been discussing for months.
TBF, I suspect most of those are 'rookie' mistakes and I expect improvement in y2. Nonetheless, I expect a lot of close games this fall and mistakes/weaknesses (both Mcd and players) will loom big in some games.

I don't know about "big" complaints, but the article lists the weaknesses in Mcd's game FH has been discussing for months.
TBF, I suspect most of those are 'rookie' mistakes and I expect improvement in y2. Nonetheless, I expect a lot of close games this fall and mistakes/weaknesses (both Mcd and players) will loom big in some games.
Wasn't really referring to the article, moreso that I think McD was reasonably successful as a HC/playcaller, particularly for a rookie HC.

There is certainly room for improvement on some obvious things.

Y2 will unleash a more confident McDaniel / Tua partnership.

Last year, based on what defenses we’re showing pre-snap, Tua didn’t appear ready to audible many plays to help his team capitalize on mismatches.

Was this because (a) McD wasn’t comfortable with Tua’s mastery of the playbook, (b) wrong personnel, (c) not enough time left on play clock, or (d) all of the above?

Adding this skill to his game will help Tua continue to maximize all the talent around him.

Last edited:
Ha! Kind of a dumb point. They’re proven McD is not
If he proves otherwise then fine but history says it’s not easy to do. Very few are are successful at dual roles on the NFL level
What do you think that those guys just came out of the womb and were “proven”? For years, Andy Reid was criticized for his game management.

What do you think that those guys just came out of the womb and were “proven”? For years, Andy Reid was criticized for his game management.
Yep. The pretty much ran him out of Philly over it. TBF, I think he was fine there too. They just had a "grass is always greener" mindset.

So, I'm not the only one who does things like that. - LOL
On second thought - “he hasn’t done Jack” meaning he’s not won a damn thing.

Seriously I can’t remember where I put my keys when I’m holding them in my hands - but that said - McD is currently a bozo almost winner.

Fin fans vacation in JonesTown and drink WAY TOO MUCH kool aid!

The media did the same thing with jokey Johnson…Miami locals were all lathered up bc he let his 90’s U of M teams coke up like Hunter in the WH. But when he came to the Dolphins he was a bozo almost winner.

I want to be a McD fan - I really really do - but I’m struggling - I wish I had some faith but I don’t.

I won’t go off on him yet - but I do want to say that I strongly believe FinFans are gomer in this scene “ they’re payin for it you eat it!”

On second thought - “he hasn’t done Jack” meaning he’s not won a damn thing.

Seriously I can’t remember where I put my keys when I’m holding them in my hands - but that said - McD is currently a bozo almost winner.

Fin fans vacation in JonesTown and drink WAY TOO MUCH kool aid!

The media did the same thing with jokey Johnson…Miami locals were all lathered up bc he let his 90’s U of M teams coke up like Hunter in the WH. But when he came to the Dolphins he was a bozo almost winner.

I want to be a McD fan - I really really do - but I’m struggling - I wish I had some faith but I don’t.

I won’t go off on him yet - but I do want to say that I strongly believe FinFans are gomer in this scene “ they’re payin for it you eat it!”

Consider this.

He did reasonably well his first year and could have possibly won two or three more games last year if he had been a little more coordinated with his clock management, and the time he needed to get the play into the QB.

These are things that he should easily be able to improve on in his second year as a HC.

Maybe this information will help you get a little more positive. - LOL

Y2 will unleash a more confident McDaniel / Tua partnership.

Last year, based on what defenses we’re showing pre-snap, Tua didn’t appear ready to audible many plays to help his team capitalize on mismatches.

Was this because (a) McD wasn’t comfortable with Tua’s mastery of the playbook, (b) wrong personnel, (c) not enough time left on play clock, or (d) all of the above?

Adding this skill to his game will help Tua continue to maximize all the talent around him.

Yes to "all of the above".

Back
Top Bottom