Argonaut fans mixed feelings about Ricky. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argonaut fans mixed feelings about Ricky.

The CFL gives a chance to any football player to rejuvinate his career in any shape. Ask Joe Horn ask Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie and oh yeah do you all remember Robert Edwards the guy who completly tore his knee playing a beach football game. Well he has had a chance to play football again let alone walk again. (robert Edwards 1st round pick by the patriots). Many many football players have come and gone from the cfl, and youll be sure to ask any american who has played in Canada that he loved the experience and thanked Canada for having such a league.......

hardhitn said:
The CFL gives a chance to any football player to rejuvinate his career in any shape. Ask Joe Horn ask Jeff Garcia, Doug Flutie and oh yeah do you all remember Robert Edwards the guy who completly tore his knee playing a beach football game. Well he has had a chance to play football again let alone walk again. (robert Edwards 1st round pick by the patriots). Many many football players have come and gone from the cfl, and youll be sure to ask any american who has played in Canada that he loved the experience and thanked Canada for having such a league.......

Exactly, its as close as we will get to a minor league in the NFL. It's certainly better than NFL Europe or Arena football. I don't understand why that is considered a knock on the league (let alone on Canadians). It gives some players a second chance, or a chance they never would have had because they couldn't make an NFL squad.

Gonzo said:
Exactly, its as close as we will get to a minor league in the NFL. It's certainly better than NFL Europe or Arena football. I don't understand why that is considered a knock on the league (let alone on Canadians). It gives some players a second chance, or a chance they never would have had because they couldn't make an NFL squad.

AGREED. But i think we are all forgeting something..... Ricky going to the cfl is gonna be great. He wont be sittin on his *** for a year, and all finz fanz should be thankful for this lol.. He will be in better shape for us next year. Im a Canadian and i never realized how many finz fans there are. REALLY GOOD TO SEE.

bringing ricky to the cfl is like bringing lebron james to the ABA lol

Argos31 said:
I think many people are vastly underestimating the CFL, ya an NFL team would destroy a CFL team, but not by nearly as much as a CFL team would destroy a team like USC or Texas.
How in the hell do you figure considering that the CFL is made up entirely of guys who can't make the NFL andcollege teams like the two you mentioned are made up of guys that feed the NFL??:confused:

Personally I think Ricky is passed his prime and I say good riddance to the guy. He could of been the next Emmit Smith but he chose to fly off into the sunset smoking pot with Lenny Kravitz rather than make a name for himself in the NFL. The only use he has at this point is possibily mitigating some of the loss we've already incurred via a trade to whatever sucker of a team is willing to take him. I know this will offend but too bad, the guy doesn't deserve any respect, he threw it all away to go smoke pot.

RCOBRA said:
You are right in the fact that there is no comparing the stats, totally different game. But pinball was primarily a slotback.

he was a slot back because in a passing leauge all RB are slot backs. He was their only pure runner for years. he was a running back

DDTDON said:
It shows that you have not watched CFL football. There are no longer 2 roughrider teams, only 1. There were 9 teams, up until this year, when ottawa folded. Now it is back down to 8. Do some research before spouting misinformation. That's what the internet is for. I hopw Ricky plays for Toronto, I will get to see him play in Montreal.
Ohhh sorry then pal. My aplogies I wasn't up to date on the latest roughrider merry-go-round in the CFL. The fact that you even try to defend an 8-9-7, whatever, team leauge where two teams are/have/will some day be named the same thing is pretty funny

Tone_E said:
We'll pretty much kick America's @zz at any sport that is played on an ice surface.

Umm... that's not exactly tough talk considering 99% of all sports are NOT played on an ice surface

aj13 said:
Pros-

4) Pinball Clemons, the coach, is one of the best coaches in all of sports when it comes to relating to players...he has taken several players banished by the NFL and turned them into reclamation projects...ricky who has had a troubled life, will no doubt benefit from working under Pinball, who in addition to being a coach is active in preventing crime in Toronto communities and a great motivational speaker...

You're on 100 percent right about this. I and some co-workers had breakfast with Pinball a few months ago for a special olympics fund raiser. He is an amazing human being. He's great with all kinds of people. Ricky will find a spirutal mentor in him. That I believe without a doubt.
Good thing we didn't talk to much football, I was too embarrassed to tell him I don't watch the CFL.

If he signs with Argos I am getting a front row seat to the Argos/Ti-Cats game and going to see if he wants in on a blunt! My man Ricky in the CFL I might even buy that jersey even though I hate the argos with a passion!

It is Hamilton Tiger-Cats year if our line is stable!

wazzy said:
If he signs with Argos I am getting a front row seat to the Argos/Ti-Cats game and going to see if he wants in on a blunt! My man Ricky in the CFL I might even buy that jersey even though I hate the argos with a passion!

It is Hamilton Tiger-Cats year if our line is stable!

My mom's second cousin was Nick Mazzoli. I think his first name was Nick

TorontoFin said:
How in the hell do you figure considering that the CFL is made up entirely of guys who can't make the NFL andcollege teams like the two you mentioned are made up of guys that feed the NFL??:confused:

dude, I'm guessing you hardly ever watch any football. Only the top 2 or 3 seniors on USC or Texas end up playing and being decent in the NFL. The CFL is made up of the best player on a bunch of smaller college teams and usually the 3-5th best senior players on the top teams like USC and Texas. Add the age and development factors into it and a CFL team(anyone, even the lowly Ticats) would beat USC or Texas by 50+ points even if they played under American rules. CFL players are professionals and college players are amateurs, a CFL team would be much closer to an NFL team (even the lowly Ticats) than Miami, FSU, or USC would be to the Ticats.
Remember Mark Dixon, the best olineman the fins have had in 8+ years, he played in the CFL for over 5 years

Argos31 said:
dude, I'm guessing you hardly ever watch any football. Only the top 2 or 3 seniors on USC or Texas end up playing and being decent in the NFL. The CFL is made up of the best player on a bunch of smaller college teams and usually the 3-5th best senior players on the top teams like USC and Texas. Add the age and development factors into it and a CFL team(anyone, even the lowly Ticats) would beat USC or Texas by 50+ points even if they played under American rules. CFL players are professionals and college players are amateurs, a CFL team would be much closer to an NFL team (even the lowly Ticats) than Miami, FSU, or USC would be to the Ticats.

Whoa talking **** about the Cats. We picked up Jason Maas, Ranek, Holmes, Hudson. Were going to place second in the East this season!

Do you even follow the CFL?

wazzy said:
Whoa talking **** about the Cats. We picked up Jason Maas, Ranek, Holmes, Hudson. Were going to place second in the East this season!

Do you even follow the CFL?

I guess you don't realize the Bombers are coming over from the West to fill the void left by the Renegades. That's the Bombers, Argos and Alouettes all finishing ahead of the last place Ticats. Jesse Lumsden can't do it all for you guys(a white RB who should be in the NFL, but isn't because there are no white HBs in the NFL).

Back
Top Bottom