Argonaut fans mixed feelings about Ricky. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argonaut fans mixed feelings about Ricky.

dude, I'm guessing you hardly ever watch any football.

:sidelol: Um okay. Only since I was six.

Argos31 said:
Only the top 2 or 3 seniors on USC or Texas end up playing and being decent in the NFL.
I'm guessing you don't read much. I said TEAMS LIKE.. as in top tier teams. Meaning their skilled players QB, WR, RBs etc. get chosen in the NFL. meanwhile it is a fact most players in the CFL don't get drafted out of college, and the rest can't hang on to practice roster spots in the NFL.
Second, your theory is completely hypothetical,a nd it's nice and easy to make considering theres absolutely nothing to test it. Except common sense, of course, which is on my side. All CFL teams have going for them over college is maturity. I'm not dimissing that factor, but you don't stop talent like Bush or Young on simply maturity and surly not by "50-plus" points as you say, a ridiculous comment -- but pretty safe, because as I said, you can't test it ... dude.

Trekbiz said:
LMFAO at CFL fans concerned with Ricky's "loss of speed".

Is there any doubt that the CFL has never seen anything near the talent Ricky Williams has. :lol:

I live in Canada, and they are idiots, they HAVE NEVER seen a player of ricky's talent and should be praying he plays one season for the Argonauts. THe guy will destroy all the defences in the CFL, living in Calgary I will be in attandance for the TO game if Ricky signs with them

Argos31 said:
I guess you don't realize the Bombers are coming over from the West to fill the void left by the Renegades. That's the Bombers, Argos and Alouettes all finishing ahead of the last place Ticats. Jesse Lumsden can't do it all for you guys(a white RB who should be in the NFL, but isn't because there are no white HBs in the NFL).

You are a dummy he signed with the Redskins! We have Josh Ranek and Corey Holmes!

The Bombers are garbage and Montreal is slowly slipping down the East ranks that is the reason why Toronto is leading the East!

wazzy said:
You are a dummy he signed with the Redskins! We have Josh Ranek and Corey Holmes!

The Bombers are garbage and Montreal is slowly slipping down the East ranks that is the reason why Toronto is leading the East!

Um, this is still a dolphins thread right?? :D

TorontoFin said:
dude, I'm guessing you hardly ever watch any football.

:sidelol: Um okay. Only since I was six.

I'm guessing you don't read much. I said TEAMS LIKE.. as in top tier teams. Meaning their skilled players QB, WR, RBs etc. get chosen in the NFL. meanwhile it is a fact most players in the CFL don't get drafted out of college, and the rest can't hang on to practice roster spots in the NFL.
Second, your theory is completely hypothetical,a nd it's nice and easy to make considering theres absolutely nothing to test it. Except common sense, of course, which is on my side. All CFL teams have going for them over college is maturity. I'm not dimissing that factor, but you don't stop talent like Bush or Young on simply maturity and surly not by "50-plus" points as you say, a ridiculous comment -- but pretty safe, because as I said, you can't test it ... dude.

umm, there's a reason quarterbacks struggle in the NFL in the first season, even the star quarterbacks. I bet that well over 1/3 of the starters on an CFL team could make an NFL practice squad. Many CFL players are guys who were drafted in the later rounds(some in the first couple who never panned out) and were cut after a couple of seasons after never improving. The difference between CFL players and NFL practice squad players is that the practice squad players are usually guys with a lot of raw talent and potential that teams want to hold onto in order to simulate the abilities of some players on upcoming opponents or in the hopes that they will eventually develop. Many of the better CFL players could easily be 2nd stringers in the NFL, but they want to develop their skills by starting and playing every down in the CFL in the hopes they will one day develop into NFL starters or they would rather play than sit on the bench. Look at Spurgeon Wynn who came in a stared a couple of games for the Vikings a few years back. He came over to the CFL and wasn't able to hold a starting job, despite having the prototypical build for a QB in the CFL and struggled mightily.

Alluding to a previous poster's comments about the little white French guy being the best RB on a CFL team: I would like to see you tackle Eric Lapointe (5'11 209).

Argos31 said:
Many of the better CFL players could easily be 2nd stringers in the NFL, but they want to develop their skills by starting and playing every down in the CFL in the hopes they will one day develop into NFL starters or they would rather play than sit on the bench.

:shakeno: You can't be freakin' serious. What's the NFL minimum, 477 Gs? what's the average CFL salary 50 Gs. Oh, so I get it, you're going to sacrifice 400 Gs "in the hopes they will one day develop into NFL starters" -- which might be even slightly believable if it were anything close to being true. How exactly do you have a better chance of "developing into NFL starter" by moving to another country, playing and practicing inferior competition, when even on the bench in the NFL you're close to the system, close to the playbook, the coaches see you every day, you line up in practice every day against the best, and being just an injury away from getting your chance to start? Nice try.

TorontoFin said:
Ohhh sorry then pal. My aplogies I wasn't up to date on the latest roughrider merry-go-round in the CFL. The fact that you even try to defend an 8-9-7, whatever, team leauge where two teams are/have/will some day be named the same thing is pretty funny

Who said I was defending. I watch CFL football, because it starts 2 months earlier. But I do know a little bit about my own Country. It's called being proud of my Country. Even though I love the NFL, the only football i get to watch starts in September. So I watch all the football I can, even if it is CFL. But yeah, in retrospect, it is pretty funny that 2 teams were named roughriders.

DDTDON said:
Who said I was defending. I watch CFL football, because it starts 2 months earlier. But I do know a little bit about my own Country. It's called being proud of my Country. Even though I love the NFL, the only football i get to watch starts in September. So I watch all the football I can, even if it is CFL. But yeah, in retrospect, it is pretty funny that 2 teams were named roughriders.

It's great to be proud of your country. I am too, except I don't define being Canadian as: 1) playing hockey 2) watching the CFL 3) drinking Tom Horton's coffee 4) boasting to anyone that'll listen that I'm not american. Not suggesting you do, for the record, only that for me football and patriotism having nothing to do with each other.

BALLS DEEP said:
Dude,
Ricky will run for like 400 yards a game up there. I hope he has an incentive laden contract because he'll go yard every play. If the Argo's QB throws more than 5 times a game the coach is a total moron.

God, the hyperbole in this thread is insane.

Have you missed all the posts that pointed out in the CFL you only get 3 downs, and it's a pass-first league?

Sethdaddy8 said:
And Warren Moon..c'mon, what was he there for, 15 minutes? .

Jesus Christ, nothing pisses me off more on this board than people just ignoring the facts and making stuff up.

He played 6 seasons in the CFL, which was over 25% of his professional football career.

Argos31 said:
dude, I'm guessing you hardly ever watch any football. Only the top 2 or 3 seniors on USC or Texas end up playing and being decent in the NFL. The CFL is made up of the best player on a bunch of smaller college teams and usually the 3-5th best senior players on the top teams like USC and Texas.

Yup. I remember when FSU's Tamarick Vanover went over to the CFL after he graduated, despite tearing it up as a Nole.

Cfl

One flaw with all this arguing about the CFL's talent level. I agree, it is not the total garbage league that most NFL fans think it is. One thing people forget is the Canadian Content rule. See, to ensure actual Canadian players, each team has a designated Import Rule. As in, the number of American players each team can suit up. These are usually the more skilled positions. QB's, D-line, WR's, Secondary, etc. Kickers, Punters, and O-line men are usually Canadian.

When the CFL expanded to include two American teams (Baltimore and Shreveport) in the mid 90's, this rule had to be thrown out for those two teams because (obviously) of US labor laws. The end result? The Baltimore Stallions (NFL threatened to sue over use of the name Colts) were in the championship game both years they were in the league, and won in the second time. How many inaugaural Teams in NFL history have done that?

Canadian players are generally crappier players. That would be a comparable association between College Players and NFL players. I remember quite a few years ago, that a CFL owner fired one of his import DB'S for being unable to cover a Canadian slotback. Which is a receiver who doesn't have to start on the line. I think.

Back
Top Bottom