Arian Foster retiring | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arian Foster retiring

Wonder if we'd have a different record if Ajayi would have been the starter at the beginning of the season.

Probably not. The offense was still playing fast and the turnstiles came on the field once in a while to make sure nobody could run or throw the ball.

I will say I think Gase might just be the guy. He isn't cut from the same cloth as the past stooges that walked the sidelines for us. Guy is willing to change his offense to fit the players he has. If something isn't working he isn't forcing it. I just hope our fanbase let's him grow and develop as a coach and as a team.

Seems like he's been dealing with constant groin issues for years. I can't relate but it doesn't sound like fun.

WOOOO!!! The good news just keeps a comin! Couldn't have asked for a better thing to happen. We all know this asshole was going to be released and was told that, so the Dolphins gave him the respect to leave on his own terms. His agent must have got permission to hit up the other NFL clubs to see if anyone would sign him upon his release and the answer was HELL NO. So the retirement is a nice "save face" process for him, I suppose?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Arian. Terrible first name don't you think?? Considering.

Karma is a bitch. Notice his whole kneeling during the anthem thing came back to bite him in the ass. He went from BAD to WORSE quickly, the injury, and general breakdown. The gods have interesting ways to pay back someone who is not proud to be American and believe in his country. He was the ring leader of this bull****, and lookie now ********!!! You are right where you belong. On the street. Now go to your country some service instead of bitching about something you don't know much about. Salvage some dignity if their is any left. BYE!

Was God not paying attention when Stills caught the long TD?

Yea 4 good years which is what he had doesn't get you into the HOF. You need at least 10 good years. Longevity

Considering Terrell Dsvis hasn't gotten in the HoF there's no way Foster gets in.

Regardless, this is good news. That contract comes off the books with no dead money I believe. More carry over...or we can sign a safety.

I wonder if management reasoned with him and avoided the ugly scene of cutting him to obtain a roster spot?

Foster doesnt deserve cheap jokes, IMO... All the best to him, he can be proud as he put his stamp in the books with a great career!

meh he didnt put down many stamps for us, if people want to take a shot at someone who quit on the team midseason I won't judge them

Im happy we won that game so his last memory didn't have to be costing us the game with that terrible drop he had. You literally could see his heart was isn't the game anymore. Great career def not HOF tho imo. Wish him the best

There is a time your body says no more. Much respect Arian good luck on the next phase of your life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Best of luck to Foster. It's a great thing when a young, up and coming player helps, through his awesome play, the savvy vet realize it's time to hang up his cleats. I remember when Jack Del Rio did the same thing when Zack came along and started kicking some a$$. I hope this is a good sign.

meh he didnt put down many stamps for us, if people want to take a shot at someone who quit on the team midseason I won't judge them

That's an interesting way to put it. He actually did the team a favor by retiring now rather than sitting and collecting a paycheck, using up a valuable roster spot and cap space. Is that what you would have preferred?

The other option mentioned on here was cutting him. Looks like that would have probably required an injury settlement. This was actually a pretty classy way for him to handle it.

I don't buy the story that his body can't take the pounding. I think Gase was going to either cut him or have him be a healthy scratch against the Jets, Foster decided to walk rather than not be active on game day. That drop was an awful thing for the team and we're lucky it didn't cost us a game. Kneeling down during the anthem didn't win him any friends but he was not in the plans on a go forward basis.

I don't buy the story that his body can't take the pounding. I think Gase was going to either cut him or have him be a healthy scratch against the Jets, Foster decided to walk rather than not be active on game day. That drop was an awful thing for the team and we're lucky it didn't cost us a game. Kneeling down during the anthem didn't win him any friends but he was not in the plans on a go forward basis.

You don't buy that the body of a guy who has had serious injury issues every year for the past few years and continued to have injury issues this year, which CLEARLY took a toll on him judging by how he runs now versus when he was healthy, can't take an NFL level beating every week any more? Can you explain what leads you to that belief?

I'm no salary wizard, so maybe one can chime in, but I believe that if a guy is having injury problems, you can usually count on an injury settlement if you opt to cut him instead of placing him on IR. Doubt that was in the works. His veteran leadership would be more valuable than paying him to sit at home or on IR.

Good Luck, Foster!

I wonder how the contract side of things works?
I doubt this year was guaranteed if he retired.
Did Miami cut it straight down the middle and give him 50%, since he made it to mid-season?

Back
Top Bottom