Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6

But they just signed an OT so there is that and you have your young franchise QB banging the table for a WR, also lost a WR that was getting long in the tooth. that seems to line up for Chase, we will see in a three week

If an OT was the only problem they had then fine. But they had more than 1 guy on the line that was a problem. Drafting the best OL guy helps to solidify not only the starters but backups. What happens if that guy goes down or another guy?

Let me ask you a question. Let's say they got Chase and during the season Burrow suffers another devestating injury related to lack of protection. Can you as an organization say, "Well.. " young franchise QB banging the table for a WR, also lost a WR"

Does that fly? Is everyone okay with that?

People are over thinking it. Jets will take a qb. 100%.
Job security. New coach always take a new qb. It buy at least three years for the new coach.

If they stick with Donld, and Donald continues to struggle, then everyone will blame the new coach for not picking a new qb. He will get fired quick.

I hate to use phrases like 'book it'. But this time, NY will take a qb, book it.
They always have a way of self-imploding no matter the circumstances...

If an OT was the only problem they had then fine. But they had more than 1 guy on the line that was a problem. Drafting the best OL guy helps to solidify not only the starters but backups. What happens if that guy goes down or another guy?

Let me ask you a question. Let's say they got Chase and during the season Burrow suffers another devestating injury related to lack of protection. Can you as an organization say, "Well.. " young franchise QB banging the table for a WR, also lost a WR"

Does that fly? Is everyone okay with that?
Not saying I don't agree with you in principle. But by that logic could we pass on a prospect like that? Was our line any better than Cinci's? With a more brittle QB? Yes we had some young guys but Sewell could help us also but we think we are good enough to go in a different direction. Again they signed a pretty good OT in FA.

This is also a deep draft for Offensive Line, good tackles will be available at the top of the 2nd round. It has been said Burrow is pounding the table for his buddy Chase. It is still the Bengals though so there is that. I personally want them to take Slater or Sewell so we have a Pitts or Chase available to us.

Not saying I don't agree with you in principle. But by that logic could we pass on a prospect like that? Was our line any better than Cinci's? With a more brittle QB? Yes we had some young guys but Sewell could help us also but we think we are good enough to go in a different direction. Again they signed a pretty good OT in FA.

This is also a deep draft for Offensive Line, good tackles will be available at the top of the 2nd round. It has been said Burrow is pounding the table for his buddy Chase. It is still the Bengals though so there is that. I personally want them to take Slater or Sewell so we have a Pitts or Chase available to us.

Yes! Our OL is wayyyyy better than Bengals and it's not even close. Also, our boy made it through the season and Burrow didn't. Plus we have more draft resources to actually invest in the OL with later picks and future picks if we want.

Burrow right now needs better horses upfroont more than Tua at the moment.

Last edited:
The Bengals aren't picking a WR/TE they are picking Sewell.

Reiff himself said he was brought in to play RT. You don't even get 30 seconds into this interview and he says it.

I think they will draft Sewell or Slater at 5 but it has been reported that Burrow has really been pushing the front office to draft Chase if he is still on the board at 5.

I can easily see a scenario where the Falcons take Pitts at 4 and the Bengals draft Chase.

Yes! Our OL is wayyyyy better than Bengals and it's not even close. Also, our boy made it through the season and Burrow didn't. Plus we have more draft resources to actually invest in the OL with later picks and future picks if we want.

Burrow right now needs better horses upfroont more than Tua at the moment.
That is the great thing about the draft, just when you think a team is going to zig it zags. As a Dolphins fan I expect the unexpected. We are hoping someone takes an OT so we can get our choice of playmakers when we will probably take Sewell. Total turd in the punchbowl Dolphins move, lol. The Dolphins Drafts through the years, the gift that keeps giving.

I honestly think the top 12 will go

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones
4. Fields (to Denver)
5. Chase
6. Pitts
7. Waddle
8. Lance
9. Parsons (to ATL)
10. Horn
11. Sewell
12. Waddle
Cincy would be stupid not to take Sewell to protect Fragile Joe Burrow and leave us our choice of Pitts/Chase!

I think they will draft Sewell or Slater at 5 but it has been reported that Burrow has really been pushing the front office to draft Chase if he is still on the board at 5.

I can easily see a scenario where the Falcons take Pitts at 4 and the Bengals draft Chase.
My biggest fear, if we lost a 1st round pick to draft a skinny WR or a slot guy coming off a broken ankle and neither ran at a Pro Day? Not that I hate Smith but not after giving up capital.

Burrow wants TE/WR, is nothing but pre draft smoke screen.

Burrow said after he went IR last year, he got hit more in few games with Cincy than the entire college career with Ohio and LSU combine.

Back
Top Bottom