Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Dolphins intend to pick Chase, Pitts or Smith at #6

That guarantees Sewell is available to the Bengals, and I think that becomes the next coveted moving up slot for another quarterback hungry team. The Bengals can deal with almost anyone (it's the Patriots) who can dangle OL help in a package and still land a starter at 15 even. But a trade with Carolina, and Sewell will still be there.

I want a lineman on day 2, but precisely speaking, a center, with Creed Humphrey and Landon Dickerson on my mind. I think one is there easily at 50. But will one of those two be there at our third round pick? I’m not so sure.
While I actually see him as an elite pulling guard than a center, I want Quinn Meinerz either at #50 or in round 3. Ideally we can get him in round 3 and get another 3rd rounder and also get OLB/DE hybrid Charles Snowden, my personal super-sleeper edge rusher.

PItts and Zaven Collins would be >>>, but I have a feeling we'll deal down 18 a bit and snag another 3, and maybe still pick Zaven.
That would be tremendous! At the starting edge rusher hybrid position my choices are DE/OLB Jaelan Phillips at #18 or trade back and get him or OLB/DE Zaven Collins, whom I also love. If we could somehow pick up another 3rd and with those two 3rds select OG/OC Quinn Meinerz and OLB/DE Charles Snowden ... I'd be jumping for joy!

I honestly think the top 12 will go

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones
4. Fields (to Denver)
5. Chase
6. Pitts
7. Waddle
8. Lance
9. Parsons (to ATL)
10. Horn
11. Sewell
12. Waddle
Waddle must be something else to get drafted 7th and 12th

In this era of smokescreens, I wonder how legit this talk is that Burrow wants Chase. It’s a little convenient that this is coming out when everyone has identified Sewell as the slam dunk pick the Bengals absolutely need in this draft.

I also find the Falcons extremely intriguing from a “no one has any clue what they will do” perspective. They are the wildcard of the whole draft in my opinion and could shake up the whole thing with a trade if they wanted to.

In this era of smokescreens, I wonder how legit this talk is that Burrow wants Chase. It’s a little convenient that this is coming out when everyone has identified Sewell as the slam dunk pick the Bengals absolutely need in this draft.

I also find the Falcons extremely intriguing from a “no one has any clue what they will do” perspective. They are the wildcard of the whole draft in my opinion and could shake up the whole thing with a trade if they wanted to.
Burrow is pimping Chase to increase his draft status. Bengals go oline and Falcons trade out or draft defense.

Burrow wants TE/WR, is nothing but pre draft smoke screen.

Burrow said after he went IR last year, he got hit more in few games with Cincy than the entire college career with Ohio and LSU combine.
Every QB wants weapons. But a QB on IR = pile of losses, Coach & GM fired. The Bengals organization is committed to keeping Burrow happy, and they'll add WR talent, but they NEED to protect him or some other GM/Coach combo will utilize any talent this GM/Coach give Burrow.

With Miami focused on Smith, Chase and Pitts. The Bengals have to be thinking its Sewell or Chase? Atlanta is the wildcard they could go Pitts, Fields, Jones, Parsons; who knows. Their fans are all over the place, with the who are they taking.

If Miami is focused on Smith, Chase and Pitts. The Bengals have to be thinking its Sewell or Chase? Atlanta is the wildcard they could go Pitts, Fields, Jones, Parsons; who knows. Their fans are all over the place, with the who are they taking.
I hope Atlanta goes QB or trades out to a QB hungry team!

His pro day hasn't happened yet, happens this friday... 4/2... walterfootball projected 4.8, but they also projected parsons at 4.7. Zaven is a sub 4.6 guy
It will be interesting to see. I definitely see a dominant hybrid do-it-all LB who is exceptional in much of the same way Patrick Willis was exceptional. For our system he would truly excel. But, I don't expect him to run a sub 4.6 if there were a Combine, and if he does at his Pro Day, I'll be suspect of that number. He's got some burst, but he's not explosive ... he's a big, broad guy with wide shoulders, wide hips, very good fluidity, and enough athleticism to be a pass rusher, pursuit LB, edge setter, and one of hte best coverage guys in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom