Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true

I believe Farmer would be above Xander in that arrangement. Either as GM or Czar.

Is there a relationship there? Do they know each other? Xander would really have to want to get out of Detroit to take that position I think. And I don't think a Czar is a good idea...there needs to be only one person picking the players. Too many hands in the mix and you lose clarity like when Parcells and Ireland were here together.

Xander has the experience and track record over Farmer. I'm not sure about the personality because there seems to be conflicting reports about Xander out there but I'm OK with someone who may rub people the wrong way as long as he can pick talent. There have been plenty of GMs that were like that...A.J. Smith former GM of the Chargers comes to mind...he could pick some talent...he was just too stupid to keep it. He would rather see talented players got huge contracts elsewhere so he could recoup 3rd round compensatory picks.

SkapePhin, can you provide a link to people not getting along with Xanders in NFL circles? I haven't seen anything on it. Or is this more heresay?

I have heard that too recently.

I am Googling him right now and I have read nothing but glowing reviews about the guy.

IMO it's a race between him and Farmer.

Will the new GM be a figurehead with Joe actually making selections? At this point, I would believe anything.
If that were true Philbin would be at the Senior Bowl with every other coach that has final say on their roster.

I'm not one to believe everything the media says but the people on this board getting offended all the time everytime someone writes something negative about our team needs to stop. What is the media supposed to say about us....."Oh look at the amazing Dolphins" They have an awesome organization down in Miami?" Is that what everyone thinks te media should say about us? This is what happens when your owner makes half decisions and you don't win a super bowl in 40 years. Ross has handle most things the wrong way. Why can't people here see that?

Ozzy rules!!

It goes both ways for sure. I mean we have people that will see some scrub have a big preseason game and then blast our coaching staff/front office for not picking him up.

Is there a relationship there? Do they know each other? Xander would really have to want to get out of Detroit to take that position I think. And I don't think a Czar is a good idea...there needs to be only one person picking the players. Too many hands in the mix and you lose clarity like when Parcells and Ireland were here together.

Xander has the experience and track record over Farmer. I'm not sure about the personality because there seems to be conflicting reports about Xander out there but I'm OK with someone who may rub people the wrong way as long as he can pick talent. There have been plenty of GMs that were like that...A.J. Smith former GM of the Chargers comes to mind...he could pick some talent...he was just too stupid to keep it. He would rather see talented players got huge contracts elsewhere so he could recoup 3rd round compensatory picks.

They are apparently friends from their time together in Atlanta.
My guess is that Farmer is going to be the PR guy.

I think Miami really wants to get someone with analytics experience like Xander. It is why they interviewed Hickey. Not for GM but for a future role in the team as an analytics person if Xanders said now.

The big thorn in my theory is Xanders exit in Denver where he left because he wasn't given the keys. So take it for what you will.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/dolphins-interview-brian-xanders/

It’s possible that Xanders is being evaluated for a job other than G.M., with a potential offer coming to join a front office that could be led by possible front-runner Ray Farmer. As we hear it, Xanders and Farmer are close friends.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Its PFT so take it for what its worth and the article is 7 days old.

Xanders and Farmer worked together in Atlanta and are good friends. And yes AJ Smith could pick talent, the issue was he had a HUGE ego and was convinced that he was a genius and hired a lapdog head coach in Norv Turner. I honestly believe had he at least tried to get a long with Marty, or at least hired somebody competent in his place, the Chargers would have won a Super Bowl

i don't know what to believe anymore...all these dorks acting like insiders is annoying as hell i know that...i also know that in my opinion this is taking too long...not even to 2nd interviews

Completely agree. I, myself, will remain an insideher. Insiders just blow.

Oh lookie, another bogus report from the national media shot down. As to Armando, the reason I believe him here is because he would probably love nothing better than be able to confirm the report and take more shots at the Dolphins organization. Instead, it looks like he actually looked into the matter instead of just retweeting the earlier report.

I will out myself as a hypocrite in this regard. I believe Armando here because its good news. :couch3:

Cant help it. Need some good news.

I'm not one to believe everything the media says but the people on this board getting offended all the time everytime someone writes something negative about our team needs to stop. What is the media supposed to say about us....."Oh look at the amazing Dolphins" They have an awesome organization down in Miami?" Is that what everyone thinks te media should say about us?

I thumbed you on this (sounds dirty). Its true.

I dont agree with the rest.

SkapePhin, can you provide a link to people not getting along with Xanders in NFL circles? I haven't seen anything on it. Or is this more heresay?

Mostly heresay, some from Big O, but one of the more respected media types also mentioned it. Some speculate this may be due to Xanders data-driven analytical approach that puts the jobs of traditional scouts in jeopardy. Still, apparently people in league circles weren't keen on him.

Mostly heresay, some from Big O, but one of the more respected media types also mentioned it. Some speculate this may be due to Xanders data-driven analytical approach that puts the jobs of traditional scouts in jeopardy. Still, apparently people in league circles weren't keen on him.

Big O is wanting Farmer. I hear Xanders because he has the most experience.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/dolphins-interview-brian-xanders/

It’s possible that Xanders is being evaluated for a job other than G.M., with a potential offer coming to join a front office that could be led by possible front-runner Ray Farmer. As we hear it, Xanders and Farmer are close friends.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Its PFT so take it for what its worth and the article is 7 days old.

Thanks. Had not read this.

Something to get exited about, no? Two heads are better than one. We've all been stressing, positively or negatively, over one hire. Two would be a victory, yes?

I think there's truth in all the reports, but I do think some (Like Armando's early ones after Ireland was fired) were pure smear jobs. I think Darlington was right when he said that our opening is attractive, I think the reports of Ross being indecisive/slow are true, I never bought that Philbin/Aponte were scaring candidates away, but I do believe that there could be confusion within what the Fins were looking for based on wording.

I think the bigger issue is we have a few vocal posters who want to blast Philbin/Ross/Aponte, a few vocal who rush to the team's aid whenever, and a few guys who just love to stir the pot.

It looks to me like they were waiting to interview somebody from either the Seahawks or Broncos and have decided to get on with it. If they really like the guy from the Seahawks I think they should wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom