Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Final interviews this weekend, GM in place by Monday & Licht offer not true

It looks to me like they were waiting to interview somebody from either the Seahawks or Broncos and have decided to get on with it. If they really like the guy from the Seahawks I think they should wait it out.

Well we reportedly reached out to McGloughlan of the Seahawks (former 9ers GM) a few times and he said no.

FWIW, reports are the Browns are fully expecting Farmer to get the job.... and they sent him down to Mobile because Lombardi didn't want to go... and they don't have a coaching staff yet so no coaches are down there either...

Well we reportedly reached out to McGloughlan of the Seahawks (former 9ers GM) a few times and he said no.

FWIW, reports are the Browns are fully expecting Farmer to get the job.... and they sent him down to Mobile because Lombardi didn't want to go... and they don't have a coaching staff yet so no coaches are down there either...

The Browns are ****ed...they're blowing some good talent.

But....wait...I thought they were being steered away??? lol

lol one of the ppls agent who is being interviewed by the Dolphins probably wanted that reality to spread around in the hopes it would help their guy move up a slot or two.

The media is nothing more than a tool used by agents. When will ppl understand/remember this?

This report by Mando, dollars to donuts was given to him by a Dolphins employee simply given to him to slow down all the negative crap today.

This makes a lot more sense than the earlier NFL report.

It would have been highly unlikely that Licht said no to a standing offer from Miami considering he does not have final say on the roster in Tampa Bay.

So now it's reported he doesn't have final say in Tampa?

Sheesh this is getting exhausting!

I don't know about most of you, but I'm getting tired of reading one thing, just to have another completely refute it. How about we just let it play out and see what happens. I'm sure every reporter is somewhat speculating on what's fact vs. fiction on any tidbit they get from anyone willing to speak to them. In the end, I don't think anyone other than a few, truly knows what's going on for sure. Not blind faith in the FO and not standing on the ledge either. Just sick of all the drama the press seems to be stirring up both ways.

Dont really know what happened . Don't really care. I cant blame Lict or taking the job anyway he has his reasons. We will never know where he ranked on our list but Im sure the team will spin that whoever they hire was their first choice whether its true or not

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10328325/jason-licht-hired-tampa-bay-buccaneers-general-manager
In Tampa Bay, Licht will not have final say over the 53-man roster. Smith had a final-say clause written into his contract, but he has said he looks forward to working closely with the new general manager.

The coach should always have the final say on the 53 man roster. The Gm should bring in players but the coach should always choose his best 53 players. Not sure when Gm's started having this power which makes absolutely no sense. Why should a GM force you to keep your third string tackle over your second string tackle

I called this one. There would be a story denying that Licht was offered anything.

Looks like it is one of the men they have talked too.

Who is your guess?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Farmer is the favorite

Hickey is the dark horse

Gaine is the best fit

Fwiw I hope it's Farmer just because I think we need an outsider to fix this dysfunctional mess. I hope Ross has agreed that if things don't improve that the new GM will have the authority to replace the coaching staff. If I was going to be judged on my results I think I would want the power to make the changes necessary to succeed.

The coach should always have the final say on the 53 man roster. The Gm should bring in players but the coach should always choose his best 53 players. Not sure when Gm's started having this power which makes absolutely no sense. Why should a GM force you to keep your third string tackle over your second string tackle

So Licht doesn't get final say. Which of the journalists bozos tweeted yesterday that he was going to be a "real" GM (obviously taking a jab at the Fins job) and have final say on roster? So much for that.

So Licht doesn't get final say. Which of the journalists bozos tweeted yesterday that he was going to be a "real" GM (obviously taking a jab at the Fins job) and have final say on roster? So much for that.

Well I think you can be the real GM without having final approval on the final cuts. I never understood why a GM would determine who the coach keeps at the end of the process.
The GM should be more involved in any cut that has to do with financial reasons and I think most coaches understand that. Lovie was smart to call for that power because in the end the coach knows better about who should make his team. I think the jabs have a lot more than to do with final 53 man authority. I agree Philbin should have that also.

In reality people believe the reports they want to believe. Just like the whole issues with Ross and his pursuit of Harbaugh. People believed the side of the story which aligned more with their original opinion. Let take the Deon Jordan trade. People that really like the pick felt like we stepped ahead of Philly who was about to take him and people that don't like the pick don't believe that Philly was set to take him. We both read the same comments but we interpret the info differently or we agree with the writers report that fits what we want to believe. In reality we will never know what the club was going to actually do in this situation or the reason people take certain jobs

I called this one. There would be a story denying that Licht was offered anything.
Looks like it is one of the men they have talked too.

Who is your guess?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Farmer is the favorite

Hickey is the dark horse

Gaine is the best fit

Ya you called it all right!

A xanders/famer team would be nice id like to see gaine stick around too ... those 3 will be the finalists imo

Well I think you can be the real GM without having final approval on the final cuts. I never understood why a GM would determine who the coach keeps at the end of the process.
The GM should be more involved in any cut that has to do with financial reasons and I think most coaches understand that. Lovie was smart to call for that power because in the end the coach knows better about who should make his team. I think the jabs have a lot more than to do with final 53 man authority. I agree Philbin should have that also.

In reality people believe the reports they want to believe. Just like the whole issues with Ross and his pursuit of Harbaugh. People believed the side of the story which aligned more with their original opinion. Let take the Deon Jordan trade. People that really like the pick felt like we stepped ahead of Philly who was about to take him and people that don't like the pick don't believe that Philly was set to take him. We both read the same comments but we interpret the info differently or we agree with the writers report that fits what we want to believe. In reality we will never know what the club was going to actually do in this situation or the reason people take certain jobs

Good post!

Back
Top Bottom