Armando - "Fins want to “kill” 2017 draft" - didn't seem to do it in 2016 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - "Fins want to “kill” 2017 draft" - didn't seem to do it in 2016

This is all that needs to be said.

Id hate to see you around some spilt milk

Calling out the gross mismanagement of draft picks doesn't really qualify as crying over spilled milk. We're really missing out on some big opportunities in a loaded draft.

Calling out the gross mismanagement of draft picks doesn't really qualify as crying over spilled milk. We're really missing out on some big opportunities in a loaded draft.

Whining continually about not signing "ALL PRO!" linebacker Zach brown sure is. Same with the others. Draft picks sure I agree on, but ... no use crying over spilt milk now.

Well, it is amazing how different people on here view our draft. Some people sound as if we drafted nothing but hall of famers in 2016 and some people sound as if we really ****ed up the whole draft. I'm somewhere in the middle. It's hard to tell after only one year but here's how I see it. We were very lucky that Tunsil was there at 13. He could be the real deal but time will tell. Howard is harder to tell at this point. I'm sick of the injuries already. He only played 7 games and there were some good things and some bad. Hoping he plays a full 16 games this year and we'll be able to better know if we hit or not on him.

Drake wasn't even a starter in college and I didn't think he was the right pick but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He has a chance to make some big plays thinks to his speed but I can't see him ever being more than a back up.

Carroo? I was having a good day till I remember what we gave up for him. Horrible trade imo. Nothing against the player who imo will not get many snaps unless we get some injuries. Having our 3 and 4 would be great in this draft. FO made a big mistake on this one and here's why I say that. They told us that "they want to build thru the draft".....you can't build thru the draft by giving away picks to draft a WR when that is your strongest position.

Grant? Again, he might make a play here and there but unless he can actually secured the football he's going to get cut.

At this point I see a very good starting LT and maybe a good starting corner and a bunch of back ups after that. Unless Howards becomes a top corner and Tunsil becomes a top 5 LT that was not a great draft at all, specially when that trade is already hurting us in this coming draft.......all this is just my opinion. Not trying to be negative but rather just trying to call it for what it is

Ozzy rules!!

Caroo pick will turn out to be a blessing if the FO can learn from its mistakes. I'd say he will finally wake up and play to the potential that he has. FO will be cautious about future picks and how much to risk.

Caroo pick will turn out to be a blessing if the FO can learn from its mistakes. I'd say he will finally wake up and play to the potential that he has. FO will be cautious about future picks and how much to risk.

But the problem is, how do you play to your potential when you're not on the field? How is he going to get snaps when you have Parker, Stills and Landry? It doesn't matter how you look at it that was a total waste of picks for a guy that your FO should be hoping never plays because if he does play then it means someone got hurt. That was a complete luxury pick for a team that can't afford to have luxury picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Last year did show me something. In past drafts, I think Miami would have passed up Laremy Tunsil. The fact that the Dolphins did their research while other teams were passing and jumped at an elite talent says something. Yes, Tunsil has a chance to be the best player from the 2016 draft.

Look at all the elite talent Miami has missed on over the last 20 years --- Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Rob Gronkowski etc. You think Jimmy Johnson might have won a super bowl with Lewis and Moss? I mean we are talking five Hall of Famers there. That, in a nutshell, explains why the Dolphins haven't been relevant in a long, long time.

The Dolphins need to continue to take the best player approach. Being a slave to needs (Carey over Wilfork) hasn't worked.

Great left tackle....Starting corner....explosive change of pace/3rd down back...Starting middle linebacker and corner via tradedown.

Not a bad draft...will be better if Caroo develops.

Drake's ST awareness is what really sets him apart . . .

Video: Drake causes fumble after colliding with Landry.

ugh. I remember being so f***ing pissed off right there.

BUT, speaking of his ST awareness, I recall a couple times where he made Grant stay inside the endzone. I like that he seems like a decent judge of that, whereas Grant probably wants to return every single kick / punt he handles

Drake's ST awareness is what really sets him apart . . .

Video: Drake causes fumble after colliding with Landry.
Kenyon took the worst of that collision, lol. That play could've cost us the game. BUT.....all in all, Drake was a good pick. The KO TD vs NY and his TD against Buffalo were huge. And at least he's in the rotation compared to Carroo, who I don't know where his playing time is going to come from.

Last years draft and free agency was simply to fill holes on the team our staff and coaches created outside of Tunsil and Kiko and it was not a sucess.
Howard replaced Grimes
Williams replaced Vernon
Drake replaced Miller
Carroo replaced Mathews
Kiko replaced Sheppard
Quddus replaced Delmas
Maxwell replaced Taylor
Jones replaced Shelby
Lucas replaced McCain
You can make the argument of Maxwell over Taylor for the short time played well and was healthy.
This year screams linebackers in either the 1st or 2nd round
Everywhere else at least this year we have at some marginsl talent on the team though marginal. DE, guard scream youth along with a saftey maybe.

Great left tackle....Starting corner....explosive change of pace/3rd down back...Starting middle linebacker and corner via tradedown.

Not a bad draft...will be better if Caroo develops.

Sign me up for that type of quality every year.

Most everyone loved the draft afterwards. I only i was underwhelming like virtually every single draft for honestly as long as I can remember. Tunsil was a nice pick, Howard has ALOT too prove but some on here have anointed him as a pro bowler next year already. This team is lacking so much talent we should go BPA at every round for the next 3 yrs and actually try and build a solid team

Back
Top Bottom