Armando: Harbaugh only real option to replace Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Harbaugh only real option to replace Philbin

I think Bellichick or Arians would take this exact same team to the playoffs.

The injuries are going to give Philbin a pass I think.

I just don't think that Philbin brings enough to the table to ever win the AFC East much less a Super Bowl. If everything goes perfect, and the stars align he 'might' be able to just get there but he would just lose

Like him or not, Bellichick can take crap and polish it to gold. He would have taken us far with this talent. I have been saying for awhile we are just a head coach away from going far, we just have to find him.

B4WIGG7IUAEVHCi-1.jpg

They weren't getting gashed the first games of this season. Maybe, just maybe they have gave up on him and want him gone. I am not saying this is right but it may very well be what is going on.

Are you talking about Philbin or Harbaugh? Seems to me the 49ers lost to a one win Raiders team yesterday and looked flat awful in the process. Maybe the players did give up on Harbaugh...or maybe the players did give up on Philbin...you can say the same about both.

Like him or not, Bellichick can take crap and polish it to gold. He would have taken us far with this talent. I have been saying for awhile we are just a head coach away from going far, we just have to find him.

With Bellichick as our coach, we beat GB, Det, Den and Bal. How does 11-2 sound?

Ross's first mistake is thinking we have playoff talent. There is no coach out there that could take this group of players deep into the playoffs imo. We are an average 7-6 because we have average talent.

In certain positions, on offense we need some significant upgrades, but with some better game management and coaching on defense I think we currently have the talent to make a run.

Dan Marino could save this franchise. I wonder if his being around team will give an educated and respected voice to the owner. One can only hope.

The Fins are missing the boat not looking at Rex.

The only way Rex will succeed here as a head coach is to give Lazor the offense and back away. He is great defensively and can motivate a team, but he only knows ground and pound. Every QB under him sucks.

This. What playoff talent? The coach is bad but he's not getting gashed up the middle for 200 yards every week. That's Starks, Mitchell, Odrick, Wheeler, Wake, Misi, etc. The coach is bad but he's not missing wide open WR's for TD's, not allowing 4 sacks in 3 quarters, not holding the ball waiting for the pocket to collapse.

Jim Harbaugh is great and all, but SF is gonna miss the playoffs partially because of him. Put him on this team and the talent is still not up to par.

Very few coaching opportunities will have a playoff caliber team immediately in place. It's about having the nucleus of a team that you can build upon. We have (in my opinion)

QB
Receivers
Running Back (need another)
3 first rounders on the O-line (Albert, Pouncy and James)
Serviceable TE's
Good D-line (not great....but good)
Good CB (Grimes)
Good Safety (Jones)

This is a great start for any new coach that might come into this organization. We do in fact have a lot of talented roster with very little depth. A new coach could have an immediate impact on a number of these areas. The question is if you take a step backwards while making a change.

I don't get the desire to hire Rex Ryan. Makes no sense to me. If Ross wants to make a change, there are lots of other choices....

There are many candidates that can replace Joe Philbin. Many.

Every day on my way to work, I pass a homeless man named Steve, with a sign that reads "Will work for food." That could serve as a starting point for Ross' coaching search. He could certainly do worse, as shown by his previous coaching hire.

I am done with this team if Rex is hired. He is not HC material and you need look no further than his idiotic tattoo and weirdo foot fetish. He is perfect for NY though.

In certain positions, on offense we need some significant upgrades, but with some better game management and coaching on defense I think we currently have the talent to make a run.

Right, with better coaches, or OL will suddenly be able to block and our DL can suddenly shed blocks. Its naive to think that Dallas Thomas could be a good RT with better coaching. Or that Phillip Wheeler could be a good OLB. It starts with the players, and we dont have the right ones. If another coach comes in here next year, he's gonna have the same problems Philbin had this year, and threads like this will be popping up all over again.

Back
Top Bottom