Armando: Harbaugh only real option to replace Philbin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Harbaugh only real option to replace Philbin

Beyond everything else...he doesn't inspire or motivate the players....so staying is out of the question barring winning out and a respectable playoff showing.

It is also clear he coaches from a position of fear.....and many of his decisions are head scratchers.

I don't see him returning.......

I can't wait for a real head coach.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Our offense is dink and dunks and plain boring/useless at times lol.

You do realize that with the sieve the Fins have at offensive line that they can't call pass plays that take a long time develop/have 5-7 step drops because the QB would get killed don't you? I don't understand why people don't realize this.

A good coach would have pulled Thomas and at lease tried to go with someone else.

If we had a decent GM in recent years, there may have been other options on our bench besides Thomas. Even a good coach isnt getting Dallas Thomas to be good.

Jason Fox or Billy Turner should get a shot at RT. Mind boggling Thomas is still in.

Thomas was responsible for 4 sacks! That is worse than Marc Colombo was. And yet we leave Thomas in as the starter!!! It's things like that which let you know Philbin needs to go. Any coach worth his salt would've benched Thomas.

Right, with better coaches, or OL will suddenly be able to block and our DL can suddenly shed blocks. Its naive to think that Dallas Thomas could be a good RT with better coaching. Or that Phillip Wheeler could be a good OLB. It starts with the players, and we dont have the right ones. If another coach comes in here next year, he's gonna have the same problems Philbin had this year, and threads like this will be popping up all over again.

Did you read my post? I think our offense needs some significant upgrades, when did I ever say that our OL will suddenly be able to block, or that Dallas Thomas was worth anything? Defense is where the majority of our worthwhile skill players are. But yes, I still think better coaching, prep, and game management, could make a shocking difference to some of the players you're quick to write off. Even though the stars aligned for us in many areas look at our 2007 roster versus 2008. One roster won a single game, the other gave us our only playoff appearance of the last decade, we didn't get a whole new roster. I've seen plenty of teams make a tremendous leap under a new coaching staff.

The only way Rex will succeed here as a head coach is to give Lazor the offense and back away. He is great defensively and can motivate a team, but he only knows ground and pound. Every QB under him sucks.

This would be my dream scenario that I've been hoping for all season. Lazor w the off and Rex handling def.

It seems hard to believe that any legit fan would vote to keep Philbin after this season.

He's a nice guy. That's the best you can say.

He was NEVER a HC at any level -- and its obvious WHY -- the man is not a leader and is incapable of inspiring others... He's best as a banquet coordinator.

Isn't that tampering?

Harbaugh will make an excellent coach for our Dolphins. We can't wait to get him down here.

Was going to post the same comment, since it's "informal" as he puts it -guess it passes the smell test, or it could be the case of Cole just stating what we all know is obvious by connecting the dots and he relly doesn't have much real info.

Or Jason Cole made something up again

Back
Top Bottom