Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - More details on the Tannehill Philbin relationship

There's nothing Gase can do to save Ryan, your delusional if you think he's going to learn to work a pocket overnight.

Ryan is just too damn easy to hit, it takes years and thousands of reps to develop those insticts. It's not going to happen, there is 0 chance of saving tannehill.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

hahaha, do you even watch football? Jets oline, same level as ours, probably worse. Denver? Are you kidding me, just stop...

St Louis?

HAGAHA, your funny....

I have not seen a worse OL than ours this year EVER...EVER. On any key play they caved. Not sure what team you were watching

Tannehill will shut a lot of people up this season.

I dont get the longing for Carr. Wishing we had Aaraon Rodgers is one thing, Carr? meh. Even if he is better than Tannehill it is very marginal

he's not...check out how his offensive line graded out...it was one of the best in the league and what they finish maybe 1 game in the win column over us...he's a rising young qb but he had much more solid oline play in both phases in 2015

I still can't believe that we gave philbin a 1 year extension after the Vikings game and then in THAT SAME OFFSEASON we gave ryan tannehill a contract extension if the head coach was a non believer in the qb...that is the definition of incompetence...it makes for such a disconnect I can't even fathom it

Really a bad situation the last couple of years. I just did not know how bad it was, unbelievable.

Joe is gone but thill is still here. They both need go. Find qb who can handle pressure. It not all on line. It on thill too.

So Philbin made a late strange decision and Ryan backed Lazor depsite other people's opinion.

Ryan may want out before we want him out...

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Joe is gone but thill is still here. They both need go. Find qb who can handle pressure. It not all on line. It on thill too.

Ya it easy whats taking so long? I mean we have found so many since Marino has left.

I'm going to love it when Tannehill comes out and has a great season next year . Gase will bring out the best in Tannehill . He's seen greatness and knows the gap between Tannehill and greatness , he'll put Tannehill in the best position to succeed and close that gap as much as he can .

Tannehill might not be a top 3 QB , but he definitely has shown that he can and should be much better than what this team has gotten out of him .

It doesn't stop at Tannehill ,

We'll see more out of Miller when he's used properly and we use players strengths , be it Tannehill , Parker , Miller and so on .

We'll also have a head coach That knows that it takes a good o line to win in this league. ( Gase is really big on protection and o line competence ) as where Our previous staff thought they could gameplan around it and patch it up with duck tape

THe more and more **** that comes out of the woodwork abut Philbin the more I just shake my head. Let's decide a week or so before the draft to voice an negative opinion about the most important position on a football team.

If I'm Gase I sit the whole team down and say "look we are all getting paid to win, this is what is expected. If we don't win I will do anything possible to fix the problems that are causing the team not to win."

Guys the tragedy of this article isn't Philbin or Tannehill or their poisoned relationship.
The tragedy is the absentee owner who allowed this to happen. I like Ross but this is a monumental mistake.

I keep asking myself why was Joe retained?

I'm going to love it when Tannehill comes out and has a great season next year . Gase will bring out the best in Tannehill . He's seen greatness and knows the gap between Tannehill and greatness , he'll put Tannehill in the best position to succeed and close that gap as much as he can .

Tannehill might not be a top 3 QB , but he definitely has shown that he can and should be much better than what this team has gotten out of him .

It doesn't stop at Tannehill ,

We'll see more out of Miller when he's used properly and we use players strengths , be it Tannehill , Parker , Miller and so on .

We'll also have a head coach That knows that it takes a good o line to win in this league. ( Gase is really big on protection and o line competence ) as where Our previous staff thought they could gameplan around it and patch it up with duck tape

Nice post and I agree.

:thumbup:

D
Guys the tragedy of this article isn't Philbin or Tannehill or their poisoned relationship.
The tragedy is the absentee owner who allowed this to happen. I like Ross but this is a monumental mistake.

Maybe there wasn't anyone who they wanted to hand 3 years to . And preferred leaving Philbin in place , and waiting another offseason to see if there were better options . Obviously you can say Gase was available last year too , but remember , he had worked mostly with Peyton , this year he proved he could work with Cutler which essentially is what made him the front runner and confirmed that he was a solid option in the guessing game of picking a coach .

Although , it's much more likely that the answer to your question is simply " they got it wrong "

...I still can't believe that we gave philbin a 1 year extension after the Vikings game and then in THAT SAME OFFSEASON we gave ryan tannehill a contract extension if the head coach was a non believer in the qb...that is the definition of incompetence...it makes for such a disconnect I can't even fathom it

Really a bad situation the last couple of years. I just did not know how bad it was, unbelievable.

We all knew that Jeff & Joe could not stand each other. I read recently that Mike T & Dennis did not speak to each other. It would appear that the Dolphins put the fun is dysfunctional.

Hindsight being what it is... Principal Philbin acting they way they did makes sense now especially after trying to get him to lighten up this past off-season & sign RT to an extension.

Frankly, while I don't neccessarily doubt this story that Philbin wanted a different QB, I highly doubt it for the reasons this story is agendizing. Based on Philbins pattern of coaching, it's more likely to me that Philbin held a petty grudge against Tannehill over being forced to fire his buddy Sherman. I keep reminding you all about how much crap I took on this site for telling everybody what a lousy coach and poor leader Philbin is, and this just confirms, even more, that the guy is worthless.

Correct. You were right to bash him, and I was wrong to defend him.

Here's the INSANE thing about this: Ross's close associates told the Herald reporters last year when everyone was freaking out about the extension that they elected to keep Joe Philbin because Ryan Tannehill was playing well down the stretch. I am not making this up. You keep the coach because you like the quarterback, even though the coach apparently hates the quarterback and wants to replace him? Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, that's so Dolphins.

Ironically, if Bill Parcells calls out a QB and the QB responds then it is "good coaching" but when someone with an average record does it ... well, the pitchforks come.out.

I'm not defending Philbin. He was given plenty of time and resources to succeed. He was yet another OL guru who failed miserably at the OL. He simply was an average NFL Head Coach, and his record reflected that.

But, IMHO, this is no revelation. This is a coach trying to motivate a player ... with mixed success.

As far as Derek Carr is concerned, he is an excellent young QB and was an excellent prospect. The only reason he slid down the board was because his older brother failed miserabally in Houston. Derek Car has all the tools and kind of reminds people of a young Aaron Rodgers. I can see why Philbin liked him.

Regardless, here is hoping the new savant Gase unlocks Tannehill's potential.

Philbin is the past. If I'm thinking about the Dolphins past it's Dan Marino, Larry Csonka, Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas and Don Shula. All of those are great memories.

I'm most interested in the present and future of the Dolphins. Let the Gase Era begin.

Back
Top Bottom