Armando: players take on Tua | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

Agree with the premise, but that premise is built on “rational evidence”.

I’m not sure an extremely small sample of anonymous players mentioning Fitz was better than Tua this year qualifies as rational evidence. Unless you’re trying to disprove that Tua won’t be elite from Day 1, in which that has already been disproven
The premise of this is even more sound in the face of Tua infatuation.

Everybody and their mama...and their mama's mama, was was waiting with bated breath for Tua to play this year. They thought they would get the same Tua that was "accurate" because he was throwing to WRs that went in the 1st round and were usually guarded by DBs who are now youth counselors in their hometowns.

The reality has turned out to be much different than that view...

I mentioned before that there was no way that Tua could outplay Fitzpatrick in practice and then come gametime look worse than a bad game by Bubby Brister.

The players see who does what in practice. I'm sure they know that Tua didn't EARN his spot. It damn sure doesn't look like he did.

The thing is that the glass is neither half full or half empty...it's waiting to be refilled. Draft a QB with the 3rd pick...draft one in the 3rd round. It doesn't matter, just don't allow Tua to waste my time and be comfortable doing it.

With the team winning 10 games, almost making the playoffs, improved defensively and a young QB, you'd think the players would be satisfied. But Noooooooo, they go to the media and supposedly talk **** on their QB. WTF is wrong with that picture. I know if I was coach I'd be absolutely stone cold furious with those players. Miami seems to be on the verge of turning the corner. Now you have a team dividing and chemistry shattering bull crap article out, talking about its young QB. I hope Armando finds the enema he needs. That pie hole of his needs a good cleaning.

The last two Dolphins Jerseys I've bought were Culpepper and Tua.

Lol I'm here to promise I'll never buy another jersey... my bad

Do you think its a age thing?...I'm older..so i have a little more patience....I think the younger ones want it quick...not quick enough?..Get another one..
Instant gratification has run rampant with societal expectations and has even infiltrated sports, as a result, has generated unreasonable expectations with the younger generation. I believe you're on to something, I am as you are, older, and I have the patience to see this through. Nothing worthwhile happens in an instant. That's just reality...

The premise of this is even more sound in the face of Tua infatuation.

Everybody and their mama...and their mama's mama, was was waiting with bated breath for Tua to play this year. They thought they would get the same Tua that was "accurate" because he was throwing to WRs that went in the 1st round and were usually guarded by DBs who are now youth counselors in their hometowns.

The reality has turned out to be much different than that view...

I mentioned before that there was no way that Tua could outplay Fitzpatrick in practice and then come gametime look worse than a bad game by Bubby Brister.

The players see who does what in practice. I'm sure they know that Tua didn't EARN his spot. It damn sure doesn't look like he did.

The thing is that the glass is neither half full or half empty...it's waiting to be refilled. Draft a QB with the 3rd pick...draft one in the 3rd round. It doesn't matter, just don't allow Tua to waste my time and be comfortable doing it.
Sure sounds like you’re the one looking at a rookie players rookie season for confirmation bias that you didn’t like a guy.

Regarding giving players opinions much credit, here’s a couple pieces of evidence on why you might want to hesitate that to fulfill your bias:

Tyreek Hill on Pat Mahomes as a rookie

8D3FDB18-3FF8-4B81-8102-E59A171945AF.jpeg

Von Miller on Drew Lock being a “superstar” because of what he saw in practice

745BBFA8-7BA3-41A1-AD4D-D01949D088FA.jpeg

Instant gratification has run rampant with societal expectations and has even infiltrated sports, as a result, has generated unreasonable expectations with the younger generation. I believe you're on to something, I am as you are, older, and I have the patience to see this through. Nothing worthwhile happens in an instant. That's just reality...
I think a chunk of it was looking at Herbert's stats, being unable to further drill down into the why, and then expecting Tua to have the same kind of "success" and anything less means that Tua is a failure and we should draft another QB that will put up those numbers.

People either just don't know or have forgotten what rookie QBs generally look like.

I think a chunk of it was looking at Herbert's stats, being unable to further drill down into the why, and then expecting Tua to have the same kind of "success" and anything less means that Tua is a failure and we should draft another QB that will put up those numbers.

People either just don't know or have forgotten what rookie QBs generally look like.
100%. If anyone wants to do a fun exercise, check out the YAC #’s for Herbert vs Burrow vs Tua. You can find these on Pro Football Reference under advanced stats I believe.

If you’re a real overachiever, equalize the YAC #’s and calculate Yards per Attempt and Yards per Completion. This paint a MUCH clearer picture as to who these QBs are without being prisoner to gross, non-contextulized statistics

Back
Top Bottom