Armando: players take on Tua | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

Lets be real though, alot of people were looking for that WOW factor. And Media, Some Fans, Players do not see it.

If they can get Watson, they should. The fact of the matter is he is and will always be better than Tua. I am not sold on Tua either but we'll see.
Let's say we cede that. Not sure I agree, but it's obviously "likely" at this point right?

Anyway, if you also have to throw in the #3 overall (which could also be a trade down in Rd. 1 and addition of ANOTHER 1st rounder) and additional picks...is Watson 3+ 1st round picks better than Tua?

I say no.

How would you feel if you thought it was Howard, Geseski and Van noy?

And then they get cut?

FFS no one will get cut for this, especially people on big contracts, but they sure as hell should be disciplined, you can't give the media ammunition like this, no matter who the QB is.

100%. If anyone wants to do a fun exercise, check out the YAC #’s for Herbert vs Burrow vs Tua. You can find these on Pro Football Reference under advanced stats I believe.

If you’re a real overachiever, equalize the YAC #’s and calculate Yards per Attempt and Yards per Completion. This paint a MUCH clearer picture as to who these QBs are without being prisoner to gross, non-contextulized statistics
Yeah, I showed that somewhere in another thread. Tua on average throws slightly farther than Herbert does, but Herbert has ~2,200 YAC compared to ~700 that Tua has.

Lets be real though, alot of people were looking for that WOW factor. And Media, Some Fans, Players do not see it.
Anyone see a WOW factor from Brady last year on that Patriots offense that lacked playmakers? It was so WOW that the team didn't even want to resign him because they thought he was too old.

Oops.

Instant gratification has run rampant with societal expectations and has even infiltrated sports, as a result, has generated unreasonable expectations with the younger generation. I believe you're on to something, I am as you are, older, and I have the patience to see this through. Nothing worthwhile happens in an instant. That's just reality...

I honestly think the Tua criticism is so much to do with Justin Herbert. If Herbert struggles, we don't have these constant threads. So few QB's step in Day 1 and do that much better than Tua. I think this just comes back to buyer's remorse, and it obviously is not a fair comparison given SD intended to play Herbert from the start, and didn't have a WR corps that should probably be working at a local Home Depot instead.

One of my best friends was in the league for about 7 years across multiple teams, we always chat about the Dolphins games while we're out on the golf course. From the point, Fitzpatrick was replaced he thought it was going to be a way bigger issue in the locker room than people on the outside would think. By the end of the season, when the playoffs were on the line he told me he would personally be furious with the decision to keep playing Tua over Fitz and was certain that would cause a ton of frustration by the players.

It's always great to hear his POV on these things. It made me think this player may be feeling some sort of way about Tua potentially costing him a Playoff check or contract incentive.

One of my best friends was in the league for about 7 years across multiple teams, we always chat about the Dolphins games while we're out on the golf course. From the point, Fitzpatrick was replaced he thought it was going to be a way bigger issue in the locker room than people on the outside would think. By the end of the season, when the playoffs were on the line he told me he would personally be furious with the decision to keep playing Tua over Fitz and was certain that would cause a ton of frustration by the players.

It's always great to hear his POV on these things. It made me think this player may be feeling some sort of way about Tua potentially costing him a Playoff check or contract incentive.

Tua wasn't the reason we lost to Buffalo dude.

No expert here, but I think Tua has the necessary skills (accuracy, mental acumen) to succeed if Grier manages to surround him with real talent. Let's be honest. Besides, Gesicki, the dude didn't have much of a supporting cast this year. We really don't have a number 1 receiver (Parker? Get outa here!). Nor a solid rushing attack (RB and OL are just okay). How is the guy going to make plays when our receivers can't consistently get open? Don't get me wrong, Fitzpatrick can work with a lackluster supporting cast like we have because the guy is smart as hell and has like a million years in the league, but a rookie QB? Doubtful. We had a decent season, and I think Flores is the real deal, but we need to pump the brakes on giving up on Tua. If, and I do mean, if, Grier can get some real talent in here to support Tua then we can give him a fair evaluation. Until then, we really won't know.

People are looking at Tua. I am looking at Grier.
A fully healthy D Parker is definitely a #1 WR....but the dude always seems to be less than 100%.
Still, if you dont think the dude Destroying the Patriots in Week 17 of 2019 season is not a #1, youre nuts.
He might not be a top 10 #1 WR.

Playmakers are terrible on this team.
Not one player can get separation.
Fitzpatrick has proven he isn't the answer as he has had like 8 teams.
Throwing the ball all over the field like Fitzpatrick does looks great till he is picked off.
Tua had zero pre season .
Next season we will have drafted playmakers as the last off season really helped our defense.
Get Tua Smith and Harris as I'm done with these players who cant stay healthy for more than half a season and our try hard players who would be on other teams practice squads
Tua needs more than just over half a season to be judged.
Brady wasn't the driving force at the start of his patriots career. He grew into the job.
Judge Tua after next season with a full off season and new players.

Back
Top Bottom