Armando: players take on Tua | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

“And another said that before the season finale when players were informed by Flores that Ryan Fitzpatrick would not be available against the Buffalo Bills, he was disappointed because he believes Fitzpatrick was better than Tagovailoa.”

The articles cites other players saying the same thing about benching Fitz after the raider game.

Mostly everyone thought I was wrong/crazy for suggesting the poor performance in Buffalo was attributed to a culmination of disappointment from the team in the benching of Fitz, but this information tells me I may of been right unfortunately.

Tua was not ready to play..getting him reps was not more important than thisorganization making the playoffs..
Tua was not ready to play..getting him reps was not more important than thisorganization making the playoffs..

you said it twice and it isn't true once

No...we don't have ANY receivers with enough talent to say ANYTHING about anyone,ever...Including Parker...who isn't that good...he is basically the tallest midget...compared to talent of our other wideouts.

IMO, Parker, when healthy, is a good WR to have on the boundary. His ability to high point IS very good, and he's a hell of a red zone threat.

The thing is, Tua's been all about timing, accuracy, and receivers who can separate for several years. It's weird that so many people are seeing Allen Robinson as a logical choice to come to Miami...his skill set is very similar to (albeit better than) that of Parker AND Williams...he'd essentially make one (or both) of them expendable.

Tua got nine games...Parker has had 6 years...Parker blows..PERIOD!!!
When healthy... :p .haaaaaaahaaa

Burrow had two more TDs than Tua on 114 more attempts. Go find Rosen.

yeah but I bet he didn’t have anywhere near the same amount of short fields either. Til late in the season when the d started to crack from the weight of carrying the entire team. That and a combo of playing better offenses

At least Tua walks better than Joe now...

No conspiracy whatsoever. You don't think Ross was involved in that decision? To me that would be a "conspiracy theory." But if he wasn't involved then I 100% agree there's responsibility elsewhere. I'm 100% sure Ross is fully aware of how the decision was made so time will tell..
Good or bad, this is all on Grier. If Ross was involved, he was trusting Grier to give him an informed evaluation. I like Grier as a person, but I think our player evaluation skills as an organization are suspect.

yeah but I bet he didn’t have anywhere near the same amount of short fields either. Til late in the season when the d started to crack from the weight of carrying the entire team. That and a combo of playing better offenses
Miami was 8th in time of possession which makes this particular argument all the more hilarious.

Not to mention how much more tbe bengals put on burrow scheme wise in terms of letting him drive.

however you have to keep in mind he was a week 1 starter and starter from the get go.

he didn’t have to sit behind some veteran jag for 6 games and not get all the first team reps with the guys who play on Sundays. He got them from jump.

and that matters. I have no doubts that matters in terms of where tua was relative to these other rookie starters at qb and the trust they’d earned with their play callers etc.

I am probably naive, but I can't entirely agree that Ross influenced the pick. He wants a winning team more than anything because 1) He doesn't have long on this earth, and winning is fun. Losing sucks. 2) A winning team strengthens the Dolphin brand as a whole. If Tua is a losing QB, then his so-called brand won't mean as much.
Well if the pick is 100% on Grier then Ross knows that and if I was Grier I'd be pretty insecure about my future.
If that's true then it would sure seem unlikely we do the right thing with that #3 and we'll probably go hog wild
loading up the O in hope of "supporting" (aka hiding) Tua was much as possible. We'll still address QB but not
with the positional priority it deserves.

Not to mention how much more tbe bengals put on burrow scheme wise in terms of letting him drive.

however you have to keep in mind he was a week 1 starter and starter from the get go.

he didn’t have to sit behind some veteran jag for 6 games and not get all the first team reps with the guys who play on Sundays. He got them from jump.

and that matters. I have no doubts that matters in terms of where tua was relative to these other rookie starters at qb and the trust they’d earned with their play callers etc.
Tua also was coming back from hip surgery.......he probably shouldnt have even played this year. Im still not sure why he played.

Tua also was coming back from hip surgery.......he probably shouldnt have even played this year. Im still not sure why he played.

he was cleared medically from the get in camp full participation etc. I don’t think we can crutch on that but so much. Maybe some of the twitch and arm strength stuff and we need to see strides there another year removed from the injury next year.

im with you though if that was the offense they were gonna run with tua should have redshirted him. Id have gone ballistic watching fitz for 16 games and thinking what could be but it’s better than this basically start over tua is gonna have to go thru with a new oc etc. and you didn’t build a offense around your top 5 pick qb strengths and game anyways. Which for me at least is maddening.

he was cleared medically from the get in camp full participation etc. I don’t think we can crutch on that but so much. Maybe some of the twitch and arm strength stuff and we need to see strides there another year removed from the injury next year.

im with you though if that was the offense they were gonna run with tua should have redshirted him. Id have gone ballistic watching fitz for 16 games and thinking what could be but it’s better than this basically start over tua is gonna have to go thru with a new oc etc. and you didn’t build a offense around your top 5 pick qb strengths and game anyways. Which for me at least is maddening.
Exactly when you take into account the injury and the weird gailey hire, him playing didnt add up. But it is what it is at this point. Flores gonna have to find an OC or his time here will be short although I like Flores. We will have to make the playoffs next year or Flores will be on the hot seat.

Back
Top Bottom