Armando: players take on Tua | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

Dude wasn't that bad to have these types of articles written about him.

Mando is a tool and zero meaningful players are giving him the time of day January 12th.
Well they didn’t make the POs with that stellar 3-3 start

Blame is a biatch

I expected a LOT better. That's at least what I'd hoped for. The kid looked and played small way too much.

Lot's of limitations (size, athleticism, arm) that are just intrinsic. Can the kid become "great?" I guess it's possible.

But I have no clue what his "greatness" is going to be based on right now. So IMO it's a long shot.

If you're honest and strip away the hype and rah rah coming from college -- and imagine he was from

some no name school and a mid round pick -- NO ONE would be making these grand claims about the kid

after what he produced this year on the field. Tells me the support is based on myth and not fact.
You expected a lot better out of someone a large faction of this board wanted to sit an entire year because he wasn't ready?

Sounds like a you problem.

I can usually separate qb problem from other problems regardless of anything else and I’ll just be frank with it I know what the tape says in terms of scheme and qb ask I don’t know why the ask was so limited and I don’t know right now at least if tua is the problem. Right now I’d say at least he’s part of it.

there’s got to be a reason they nuetered that qb so much that is qb driven to date in other words. I refuse to buy into anything else, That last quarter of the season was pretty telling

You can't have the career he did at Bama and the games like Arizona and KC and say Tua couldn't handle more on his plate. I just won't believe it.

I think it 100% falls into the category that Gailey didn't adapt the offense as the year went on and defensive coordinators knew exactly what he was going to try to accomplish with Tua on the field. He didn't have to worry about that with Fitz because he knew the offense...probably better than Gailey himself and had the power to audible.

Not one audible all year from Tua at the LOS...are you ****ing kidding me? This is the same **** we went through with Tannehill and Mike Sherman & Queasy Philbin. It's grotesque and I blame Flo 100% for it.

It could also be that due to lack of experience by younger wr's and rb's they had to dumb the offense down as well. Multiple times we saw Tua have to make sure they were in the correct formation.

I expected a LOT better. That's at least what I'd hoped for. The kid looked and played small way too much.

Lot's of limitations (size, athleticism, arm) that are just intrinsic. Can the kid become "great?" I guess it's possible.

But I have no clue what his "greatness" is going to be based on right now. So IMO it's a long shot.

If you're honest and strip away the hype and rah rah coming from college -- and imagine he was from

some no name school and a mid round pick -- NO ONE would be making these grand claims about the kid

after what he produced this year on the field. Tells me the support is based on myth and not fact.
You never watched him play at Alabama if you called his play a myth so I don't know what you expected or hoped for.

So your argument is that if we ignore reality and pretend that he did not achieve ridiculous amounts of success in D1 in an extremely competitive program but that he was a completely different person, that we wouldn't be evaluating him the same?

I mean I suppose you are correct. Then again if a cow were really a bull my opinion of milk would be dramatically different. Thank god thats not reality.

I was not overly impressed with Tua this season. I get he was a rookie, I get that he didnt have a good supporting cast, but he looks and plays small (probably why he had so many injuries in college), he didnt seem confident majority of the time. And I get that we should build around Tua, but even then that doesnt guarantee that will help Tua or that he will improve. Broncos went all in on getting Drew Lock some help last off season and I mean ALL IN. and Drew Lock failed to deliver. Dolphins should STRONGLY CONSIDER going after Watson. I think even at Tua's highest potential ceiling, the chances of him being better or more dynamic difference maker than Watson are slim to none. coach is always talking about always trying to improve at EVERY position.

You can't have the career he did at Bama and the games like Arizona and KC and say Tua couldn't handle more on his plate. I just won't believe it.

I think it 100% falls into the category that Gailey didn't adapt the offense as the year went on and defensive coordinators knew exactly what he was going to try to accomplish with Tua on the field. He didn't have to worry about that with Fitz because he knew the offense...probably better than Gailey himself and had the power to audible.

Not one audible all year from Tua at the LOS...are you ****ing kidding me? This is the same **** we went through with Tannehill and Mike Sherman & Queasy Philbin. It's grotesque and I blame Flo 100% for it.

It could also be that due to lack of experience by younger wr's and rb's they had to dumb the offense down as well. Multiple times we saw Tua have to make sure they were in the correct formation.

fitz definitely knew the offense like the back of his hand. I mean they designed it for him. At least that’s how it looked to me. He didn’t need reps he could come in cold turkey and run that in his sleep. Outside of some rpo built in stuff we added with tua and some pistol. There was games where we were almost entirely in pistol even with tua. Hell that’s the Justin Herbert senior season entire year qb ask at oregon except he is a real duel threat with his legs teams must account for. That’s the kind of offense you run to hide qb pocket read warts and limit the qb exposure even.

in terms of the offense they said they wanted to make it simpler well you sure did and with tua you made it primarily flats and Lynn bowden based. It don’t take long to figure that **** out.

I graded tua with a plus grade only in the cards game and that was driven mostly in his situational play. Everything the cards showed or did he had an answer for. Why we didn’t evolve from tbere with it I have no idea. I won’t buy any the defenses dictated crap Miami went into a shell.

the kc game I had a plus grade but that was mostly in the second half when we were chasing it and he was playing primarily in empty showing his development from the Rams start to there was legit in terms of having a plan vs the defense from an empty set

I agree, BUT, if I'm DC and I know the QB (pick a name) has no run game and a WR corp of DVP, an injured Gesicki, Ford, and Bowden, game planning isn't difficult.

I agree, BUT, if I'm DC and I know the QB (pick a name) has no run game and a WR corp of DVP, an injured Gesicki, Ford, and Bowden, game planning isn't difficult.

if you gave him more consistent iso win on 3rd down at flex tight end you’d make life a lot easier on the qb even with those weapons on the outside. I’m not even referring to run thru contact I’m talking I got you in an iso and my guys gonna win consistently quickly inside if need be and move the damn chains

Yeah, I'm sure all the teammates of Josh Allen and his high-school accuracy problem after his 1st year believed in him...Or come to think of it, even his 2nd year (Even though he had a much better TD to INT ratio.

Last edited:
fitz definitely knew the offense like the back of his hand. I mean they designed it for him. At least that’s how it looked to me. He didn’t need reps he could come in cold turkey and run that in his sleep. Outside of some rpo built in stuff we added with tua and some pistol. There was games where we were almost entirely in pistol even with tua. Hell that’s the Justin Herbert senior season entire year qb ask at oregon except he is a real duel threat with his legs teams must account for. That’s the kind of offense you run to hide qb pocket read warts and limit the qb exposure even.

in terms of the offense they said they wanted to make it simpler well you sure did and with tua you made it primarily flats and Lynn bowden based. It don’t take long to figure that **** out.

I graded tua with a plus grade only in the cards game and that was driven mostly in his situational play. Everything the cards showed or did he had an answer for. Why we didn’t evolve from tbere with it I have no idea. I won’t buy any the defenses dictated crap Miami went into a shell.

the kc game I had a plus grade but that was mostly in the second half when we were chasing it and he was playing primarily in empty showing his development from the Rams start to there was legit in terms of having a plan vs the defense from an empty set
I mean Gailey saying he had to scrap his notes on coverages and have assistant help him with what he was seeing was interesting. I wouldn't of cared for keeping it simple but the fact he was caught off guard that defenses adjusted to them was annoying. I see why he was unemployed.

Tua needs a system like new Orleans or San Fran. He could thrive in an offense designed around reads and attacking weaknesses. He is much smarter and talented than goff/Jimmy g. He just needs consistency and more help from thr skill positions to develop.

Letting geriatric OCs favor veterans and switching OCs every year isn't an ideal recipe moving forward

I'd bet a large sum of money one of them is Parker. He dropped 400 yards this season because he didn't have Fitz chucking the ball up to him constantly the entire season and he's the only real holdover that was still playing from last season who wasn't completely terrible therefore nullifying their ability to even have an opinion in the first place.
The reason Parker had a large reduction in yardage this season had nothing to do with Tua. The fact is Parker spent most of the latter part of the season dealing with a hamstring issue and you can’t add yards to your total when you are on the bench injured or inactive for games.

Back
Top Bottom