Armando: players take on Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: players take on Tua

I think this makes sense, but Parker has usually been a good solid team guy, so it seems out of character for him.

i hope it was jakeem grant. Cut his ***
I don't even disagree with what he's saying. It's not like he's being a ****. He's just questioning why the need to automatically state that he's a starter without any kind of competition whatsoever before he's proven he's at that level. I get it, but with all the outside noise that would be coming, it's better to just say it and move on without everybody mocking us Justin Bust Fields at #3.

The only thing that I completely disagree with is the assertion that someone needs an "elite" arm or legs to be a great QB. That's some Lombardi level stupid BS.

I can usually separate qb problem from other problems regardless of anything else and I’ll just be frank with it I know what the tape says in terms of scheme and qb ask I don’t know why the ask was so limited and I don’t know right now at least if tua is the problem. Right now I’d say at least he’s part of it.

there’s got to be a reason they nuetered that qb so much that is qb driven to date in other words. I refuse to buy into anything else, That last quarter of the season was pretty telling

Man Flores must really dislike Armando.... I'd bet these pros ignore most of the media trash but these types of articles serve no purposes other than pitting guys against each other... You're not very good at what you do when that's all you've got in order to get clicks.

Its not an either or proposition. Its not that everyone is to blame, its that Tua is NOT Brady, or Marino, Mahomes, etc., and therefore cannot elevate very pedestrian skill players to a level required to achieve championship levels. Will he later? Who knows; but the reality is that he was a rookie coming off of a major injury working with a sub-average OC and working with barely-NFL-level wide receiver and running back corps. What did you expect?
And frankly, no QB is “elevating” anything if they at least don’t have a competent running game. Tua had neither for most of the year.
I also saw Dan Marino struggle to make yards when the receiver’s names changed from Duper, Clayton and Fryar to Banks, Thomas and Pruitt. Guys need to get open and the scheme needs to help those that aren’t doing it themselves.

Not Brady. I think you need to look at Josh Allen. That's the core point.
No, your core point is that it's a foregone conclusion that the NFL QB these days is about "athletes" which is silly to me especially when you bring up Josh Allen. He ran less this year than he has in his career and had his best season by far. Weird.

1610547615648.png

How many of these are "athlete" guys?

this is about as much conspiracy theory as they pulled the play call duties from Gailey at the half

if tua fails in Miami (key words in Miami) and a head doesn’t roll I might put some weight in it. I mean Miami does wierd **** at times. Top pick QBs that fail should get folks pink slips

I'm surprised you made it through the anti-Tannehill crowd? Honestly, I didn't and it was the people that couldn't see the possibilities with him that drove me away. We'd break down film, show examples of what we thought he needed and we were run off like he had zero chance of succeeding in the NFL. Tennessee later and look who was right. Pretty much the exact same thing is going on here with Tua. I came here the first time because it had amazing film and talent break down from more than a few posters. I was hoping to see that again, to see how the O and Tua could improve. I left because opinions, Madden stats & just getting a thumbs up became more important than what was actually happening in the game. Now posters are actually being chastised for breaking down film. I don't have time for BS like that in life anymore. History will probably repeat itself.

I do believe tbe quotes are real. I don’t believe it much matters right now.

I also don’t believe guys that play other positions really know what a QBs ask/execution is. Especially defenders.

like for none of them to talk about the fact that the scheme on o was out of a coloring book with tua doesn’t add much credibility. Or how easy it was for defenses to figure it out. If Miami thinks teams are not gonna be prepared for that same crap from the get go in 2021 they got another thing coming. I’m not talking about good defenses in talking about any defense. You better have some guys the defense has to account for gameplan wise. Even then you better change it up and evolve with not only the QBs ask and freedom but the route combos.

not one audible in 9 games is pretty telling. Neutering the qb. Hell I saw jalen hurts audible at the los with eagles in like start number 4. A start he was pulled for a guy with no nfl experience period in even week 17

Hope the mods don't consider this political content, but here's my point. How is the economy doing? depends on whether I ask Dems or GOPs. My point is, I can interview 53 guys, pick out comments to prove a point, and write an article.

Maybe, I'm biased, but I doubt the 'negative' players are in a majority. TT had problems. Didn't play well at times. (Some will call that a TT-hater). OTOH, no OS, no weapons, rookie mistakes, no run game (some will call that 'excuses') would be hard on Burrow and Herbert. I saw potential, flashes, and, yes, confusion at time. So did the players.

I wonder how much of that was emotion of missing out on the playoffs, particularly the WAY they lost out. Yeah, TT has to come in to camp and prove he belongs. He'll be judged by coaches/players. I Think he can do it

I'm surprised you made it through the anti-Tannehill crowd? Honestly, I didn't and it was the people that couldn't see the possibilities with him that drove me away. We'd break down film, show examples of what we thought he needed and we were run off like he had zero chance of succeeding in the NFL. Tennessee later and look who was right. Pretty much the exact same thing is going on here with Tua. I came here the first time because it had amazing film and talent break down from more than a few posters. I was hoping to see that again, to see how the O and Tua could improve. I left because opinions, Madden stats & just getting a thumbs up became more important than what was actually happening in the game. Now posters are actually being chastised for breaking down film. I don't have time for BS like that in life anymore. History will probably repeat itself.

dude why do you think I gave up hoops scoops? The work wasn’t worth the ignorance and blow back when it came to breaking down progressions and play analysis

let somebody else deal with that crap now til they also hang em up assuming they don’t lead folks down the wrong path

I'd bet a large sum of money one of them is Parker. He dropped 400 yards this season because he didn't have Fitz chucking the ball up to him constantly the entire season and he's the only real holdover that was still playing from last season who wasn't completely terrible therefore nullifying their ability to even have an opinion in the first place.
I don’t think Parker is that kind of guy but I can see where you would come to that conclusion. All speculation, not worth worrying about.

Its not an either or proposition. Its not that everyone is to blame, its that Tua is NOT Brady, or Marino, Mahomes, etc., and therefore cannot elevate very pedestrian skill players to a level required to achieve championship levels. Will he later? Who knows; but the reality is that he was a rookie coming off of a major injury working with a sub-average OC and working with barely-NFL-level wide receiver and running back corps. What did you expect?
I expected a LOT better. That's at least what I'd hoped for. The kid looked and played small way too much.

Lot's of limitations (size, athleticism, arm) that are just intrinsic. Can the kid become "great?" I guess it's possible.

But I have no clue what his "greatness" is going to be based on right now. So IMO it's a long shot.

If you're honest and strip away the hype and rah rah coming from college -- and imagine he was from

some no name school and a mid round pick -- NO ONE would be making these grand claims about the kid

after what he produced this year on the field. Tells me the support is based on myth and not fact.

I'd bet a large sum of money one of them is Parker. He dropped 400 yards this season because he didn't have Fitz chucking the ball up to him constantly the entire season and he's the only real holdover that was still playing from last season who wasn't completely terrible therefore nullifying their ability to even have an opinion in the first place.
Lol. Uh, not much statistical evidence for this. He had two good games with Fitz and one was against the Jets. Considering how many games he came out of hobbled and then missed with Tua starting I’m not sure how you can say that. I did see Fitz throw a pass to a well covered Parker in the end zone against Denver that should have been picked off only to give the defender another chance on the very next play that was picked off.

dude why do you think I gave up hoops scoops? The work wasn’t worth the ignorance and blow back when it came to breaking down progressions and play analysis

let somebody else deal with that crap now til they also hang em up assuming they don’t lead folks down the wrong path
I personally want to see more hoops scoops, I thoroughly enjoyed those posts as well as Hayden’s and Wannys posts, both who have sadly disappeared. It’s a hell of alot better than reading a lot of the new garbage on this site. Ever since madden came out everyone’s a damn coach or scout now.

Lol. Uh, not much statistical evidence for this. He had two good games with Fitz and one was against the Jets. Considering how many games he came out of hobbled and then missed with Tua starting I’m not sure how you can say that. I did see Fitz throw a pass to a well covered Parker in the end zone against Denver that should have been picked off only to give the defender another chance on the very next play that was picked off.
Are you really trying to pick apart a guess at a player by trying to bring up specific plays during the season as evidence?

That's what you're doing with your Wednesday morning?

If you don't have the balls to sign your name to it,no one cares about what you have to say....total b**** move...

Back
Top Bottom