ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

Watson can demand he is traded to Miami all he wants but that doesn’t mean the Dolphins want to trade for him. He isn’t a SB winning QB. In fact he is presently the QB of a team which won 4 games this past season. The Dolphins presently have a QB they recently drafted playing on a rookie contract.
‘Watson on the other hand has a salary which use up most of the salary cap the Dolphins presently have.

I think that the Jets or Jaguars are probably in a much better situation to trade for Watson. The Jaguars could offer the first pick in the draft for Watson and that would allow the Texans to draft Lawrence. Lawrence would then be on a rookie contract and they could build the team around him.

The Jets could offer Darold, their 2 first round draft picks and a second round pick in 2021 or 2022. The Texans could either decide to go with Darnold as their starting QB or draft Fields or Wilson.

To me, either of those trades would be more beneficial to the Texans, Jaguars, or Jets than any trade with the Dolphins.

What you have to consider is that Watson has the FINAL say as to where he wants to be traded. This is NO longer in the Texans's hands anymore. He can dictate what team he goes to because of his No-Trade clause. However, he can tell the Texans I will only allow to be traded to a specific team. That is why the Dolphins have all the leverage because they can just sit pat with Tua and use all their pics this year or they can command a reduced price for a talent like Watson.

No official word saying definitely we are not interested in Watson. These are just reports speculating. It’s all speculation all around. Yes it gives us something to talk about but to be honest who knows. For the record I’m on the fence about Watson. Depends on the price. Either way I love the bright future of this team.

Watson can demand he is traded to Miami all he wants but that doesn’t mean the Dolphins want to trade for him. He isn’t a SB winning QB. In fact he is presently the QB of a team which won 4 games this past season. The Dolphins presently have a QB they recently drafted playing on a rookie contract.
‘Watson on the other hand has a salary which use up most of the salary cap the Dolphins presently have.

I think that the Jets or Jaguars are probably in a much better situation to trade for Watson. The Jaguars could offer the first pick in the draft for Watson and that would allow the Texans to draft Lawrence. Lawrence would then be on a rookie contract and they could build the team around him.

The Jets could offer Darold, their 2 first round draft picks and a second round pick in 2021 or 2022. The Texans could either decide to go with Darnold as their starting QB or draft Fields or Wilson.

To me, either of those trades would be more beneficial to the Texans, Jaguars, or Jets than any trade with the Dolphins.
Have to call you out. You used SB to judge a qb
How many SB did Marino win?

Why would anyone in Miami’s FO our our to any “source” that they would love to have DW4? Then Houston knows you want him and can drive the price up and if we didn’t get him then you got problems with the FO and Tua bc Tua will think wow they don’t believe in me at all. Of course they will deny deny deny. That means absolutely nothing.

Are you saying you don't believe he's good enough to win a SB or are you simply putting him down because he hasn't won a SB 4 years into his career?

You seem to forget, DW has no trade clause, meaning he can veto trade he doesn't like.
Jax will take LT
DW will veto the Jets, he had enough dysfunctional management already.

You want try again

Texans are a mess. The fact they might keep Watson with their actions the last 12mths does nothing more than to amplify their ineptitude.

What if KC called and said, "Give me Tua and 4 1st round picks and I'll give you Mahomes"?

The idea of what is "too expensive" is just completely silly to me.
Pass..

three off Brady’s rookie contract and the other three he was making half of what elite qbs were making because he knew that those contracts destroy a team but so yeah..... this continues to prove my point.

you also have the Steelers first Super Bowl with Big Ben, Wilson’s with the seahawks, Mahomes with the chiefs, Eli with the giants in his first but even his second he wasn’t making much. Eagles with Wentz even though he didn’t really play and it was foles, that rookie contract allowed a far better team.
You can add Flacco to that list too. And you're spot on about Brady. He was making 15mil a year when he left New England.

You can add Flacco to that list too. And you're spot on about Brady. He was making 15mil a year when he left New England.
Ahh good one forgot about him believe he won on his 5th year option. I truly believe this is how you create a successful team. We already have a semi elite defense then we can improve with our draft capital. We have a qb that showed promise and needs to improve but showed he has the ability to not make dumb decisions. Now we use our draft capital to fill in the gaps. We now have 4 years on Tuas rookie contract plus 5th year for our best chance at a Super Bowl.

What you have to consider is that Watson has the FINAL say as to where he wants to be traded. This is NO longer in the Texans's hands anymore. He can dictate what team he goes to because of his No-Trade clause. However, he can tell the Texans I will only allow to be traded to a specific team. That is why the Dolphins have all the leverage because they can just sit pat with Tua and use all their pics this year or they can command a reduced price for a talent like Watson.

He can tell the Texans all he wants. They won’t listen and give him away. Doesn’t work like that in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom