ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

Apparently Tua's jersey is the third highest selling behind Mahomes and Brady. Makes any potential decision easy, keep Tua so the league gives us favorable calls to protect their bottom line.

*Note, I'm not in the trade Tua wagon

Miami would be stupid to comment that they were interested in Watson. He's under contract, and they have a young guy in Tua who as of now is their starter for 2021.

If things detiorate in the near future between Watson and the Texans, and he wants out, it would be prudent to at least check to see what Texans would want. If it's stupid high, we walk away.
I like Tua and think he can develop.

But I can't name too many quarterbacks better than Watson. That's the most important position on the football field. You've got to at least listen.

Miami is probably the only team in the league that has draft capital, cap room, and a young high projection qb to send back. I can not think of any other team has all three.
Then you add South beach, no state income tax, great HC, an owner who is not cheap and hands off, and already has a solid defense. No other city can match.

We are a dream for young qb like DW, and he has a say because of the no trade claus. Even if a team can come up with #1 in next ten years, DW can say no.

We are in driver seat folks.
Good points, but where the dream dies is when he sees his WR corps here.

I don't see how you can advocate a DW trade if you also have to give up so much draft capital that you can't land one of the top 3 WR's.

While Watson is an excellent QB and would be an upgrade over Tua at this time, the fact is the Dolphins have many holes to fill.I think Tua will be an excellent NFL QB once he has more time in the NFL and better talent around him. As the Texans proved this past year, a great QB with many holes around him doesn’t provide for a winning team.

The Dolphins don’t need to be tying up much of their cap space on a QB at this time while they still need to add multiple players on offense and defense to make this a legitimate playoff team. If another team wants to trade away their future by trading a ridiculous amount of draft picks for Watson, I just hope that team is not the Dolphins.

Deshaun Watson has the final say over where he is traded. He may say to the Texans that I want to play for the Miami Dolphins or I am sitting out. Watson seems sensitive to the social issues going on in our country and the fact that they did not interview Eric Bieniemy even though he requested that doesn't sit well with him in addition to all of the other blunders(i.e. Hopkins trade) the Texans front office have made this year.

In that case, the Dolphins have all the leverage. First, the Dolphins should be applauded for being the only team in the NFL who have walked the walk by hiring an African American GM and coach. LOL- As I am writing this Stephen A just mentioned this..(I am watching the rerun version)

This might have something to do with Watson citing the Dolphins as his team of choice. Sure, the Texans can tell Watson to pack sand and just have him sit out this year but then that becomes a daily ongoing drama that plays itself out every day during the season, fracturing the fanbase and intensifying its hatred to the Texans front office.

The Texans could be forced to get something out of this and move on with their season.
The Dolphins are not desperate for this trade to happen if they truly believe in the growth of Tua going forward.

The point here is it could be significantly less in terms of compensation than what people are saying around the country.

The Dolphins might have to give up Tua and first and a second-round pick but not necessarily pick #3.

Threads all over the forum on this. The Fins already said they are not interested in Watson.

Eric Bieniemy has a long arrest record.....slapping around women...That's why teams are slow to hire him.....not the color of his skin!!
Sorry..im not getting political..its just a fact.

Threads all over the forum on this. The Fins already said they are not interested in Watson.
Uh let’s calm down before we give too much credit to Armando, who hasn’t had any good sources since Tannebaum left.

they’re obviously interested. Just not at the price most are expecting it to be.

Uh let’s calm down before we give too much credit to Armando, who hasn’t had any good sources since Tannebaum left.

they’re obviously interested. Just not at the price most are expecting it to be.
But 7 pages on the article by Mando on X wanted a pay raise. Ok

Houston's initial asking price for Watson is going to be insane and well above what any team should be willing to pay. And it should be.

If I'm Chris Grier, my opening bid is Tua plus #18 and #36. Maybe add in #50 or a future 1st if that is enough to seal the deal. But there is no way I'm giving up #3 because that pick can help me get back some of the draft capital we're losing in that trade.

Xavien's contract has potential to become a far bigger concern, but I think won't require too much work to resolve. He's making $12M-ish in each of the next four seasons. Bump that to $16M-ish, give him a $10M signing bonus, and give him full guarantees on 21-22 and a partial guarantee on 23. That would give him $26M in new money and $26M in additional guarantees. That would slot him ahead of Byron Jones and as the third highest paid corner in the league.

I always heard that DW was a great dude, not a diva at all and well liked. I think it would be completely out of character for him to act this out but maybe, who knows, he was dissed in some way, shape, or fashion. JJ’s apology certainly didn’t make me think DW was a dick cause I always thought that the Watts were and are class acts too.

Back
Top Bottom