ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

Gentlemen , please lets not get personal . Thanks

Think deeper guys....

Two big holes. 'familiar with ownership',....I thought this kind of decision is spuarely on Grier and with strong input from Flo. Dispite rumours, Ross is known to be a hand off guy when it comes to football side decision.

Two, of cause they will and should send out singal like that, to drive down price and comfort Tua if the deal doesn't go down. I would if i am in their position.

Watson would be walking into a similar situation unless we end up making him feel like he's part of team decisions by drafting a receiver or gathering the best receiver in free agency. Either how, we need role players regardless who plays the quarterback position.

Let me ask you a question.

Which is more of a reason for Houston being 4-12 since we're now having a financial discussion by using Houston as a barometer:

1) Watson at $9.8 million who threw for 4,800 yards at a 70% clip with 33/7 and lead the league in multiple categories OR...
2) JJ Watt making $15.5 million who had 5 sacks.

I'm not getting into a serious debate with someone who is using 2020's cap numbers to **** on Watson and the number of games they've won.

never said it was the reason they sucked and if we could get Watson at 9.8 million a year I’d be on board however his new contract hasn’t come into effect yet it’s the 40 million a year in 2022 that is the concern. As I stated in other post we’d have one year with Watson and our defense before having to blow it up to pay Watson his 40 million. Way to make up arguments though lol

Being a "true fan" doesn't mean you have to blindly support every decision, no matter how bad, and love every player like they are perennial all pros.

It doesn't mean that if you have criticisms, you cant be a true fan either.

Ridiculous.......
They don't know the difference between homers and fans.

Tua better be the guy then.
He could be and I hope he is but if he’s not we have the picks to move on without being set back. Trading for Watson is going all in with no alternative if the plan fails as we would no longer have resources to recover.

Tarkenton was traded in his prime for 2 first and 2 seconds in a league where they barely passed. I’d imagine the appropriate starting point is at the very minimum double that considering how pass happy the league is.
Did the trade involved a young five overall young qb thou?

Think deeper guys....

Two big holes. 'familiar with ownership',....I thought this kind of decision is spuarely on Grier and with strong input from Flo. Dispite rumours, Ross is known to be a hand off guy when it comes to football side decision.

Two, of cause they will and should send out singal like that, to drive down price and comfort Tua if the deal doesn't go down. I would if i am in their position.

I'd reverse that . . . " this kind of decision is squarely on Flo and with strong input from Grier" Otherwise, I agree

No. What it means in real life as opposed to mock draft fantasy is that only 2 (half) of those 1st round picks are really going to work out.

In this fantasy scenario of trading Tua and 4 1st round picks for Mahomes the trade is this:

Tua
Austin Jackson
Christian Wilkins
Charles Harris
Laremy Tunsil

for

Patrick Mahomes

For funzies, let's throw 3 more 1st round picks to the Chiefs...
Devonte Parker
Ju'Wuan James
Dion Jordan

If you're looking at that list and thinking to yourself "holy crap, we'd be totally way better without Mahomes", then whatever, you do you. I disagree.

Miami has a cupboard bear of talent and depth. Thats just a fact. Add that contract and subtract the draft picks, and you are dumpster diving and pinching pennies to fill out your roster.

I don't care about past picks. I care about 2021. I care about the path this FRANCHISE AND OWNERSHIP decided to take in rebuilding this franchise from the foundation up. But flash those Tannenbaum picks up there, his bar isn't very tough to clear.

But yeah, you do you homie. Just think the echo chamber bobbleheads are needing their yearly sugar high. Kudos.

Did the trade involved a young five overall young qb thou?

Rosen was a TOP 15 QB and his value dropped. ARZ and Miami never recouped their initial costs on the player. So, your point doesn't make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom