ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

Here's my opinion: There is no way we have no interest in a Watson trade. News got out too soon and its hurting #3 pick value. I don't see us trading Tua and #3... šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

You would trade 3 first round picks 2 second picks and Tua for Watson? Wow I think very smart!!
Nah, too steep. All I'm saying is you have to explore it. What a team originally asks for isn't necessarily what they're going to get.

Of course, Houston will try to get all they can.

There is no precedent for this type of trade in the NFL. Setting the market for Watson is impossible to know since no QB in history was a young top 5 Franchise QB.

If Houston gave two 1st for Tunsil, what is Watson worth?
Tarkenton was traded in his prime for 2 first and 2 seconds in a league where they barely passed. Iā€™d imagine the appropriate starting point is at the very minimum double that considering how pass happy the league is.

QBs go through multiple iterations of weapons throughout their careers. You guys act like 4 years worth of 1st round picks means it's impossible to surround the QB with weapons for the next 15 years.

No. It just means for 4 years the caliber of talent will be limited and youth and development will take a back seat to FA acquisitions and oft injured players.

We've seen this movie before.

It's going to be very interesting what happens with X.Howard this offseason. BTW, The B.Jones contract is trash! As i said in the Madison/Surtain vs. Jones/Howard thread B.Jones couldn't carry Madison/Surtain jock strap. He's not a bad CB but he's not close to being worth the money he's being paid.

X and Jones already make up a significant portion of the teams salary cap and are already the highest paid 2nd in the entire NFL. Now with X, reportedly, wanting to be paid more than Jones(Which makes since considering this season) that would make them the highest paid by a few more million.

Point being something has to give at this stage.

Don't ignore the possibility of the team looking into serious trade potential for X.

Watson is one of my favorite NFL players. But if the Texans are willing to trade him for picks and Tua, I like Tua's value and the picks more. I would rather build and let Tua show what he can do now that he will be more than one year removed from a serious injury.

The intresting thing will be Howard's request for a new contract. I think it's posssible you'll see a Howard trade before Watson.

Instead of saying ā€œletā€™s trade Tua, our two firsts this yearā€ and whatever else may be included - name what you think those picks could be, because thatā€™s what it really is.
When you say ā€œlet trade Tua, Jamarr Chase, Devonta Smith, and/or Najee Harris etc...ā€ (just naming people I would draft) - it sounds a whole hell of a lot different. Thatā€™s who youā€™d be trading.
Personally I hope the fins stick with the person 90% of us were thrilled about last April and draft some weapons with the amazing capital we have. Just my opinion

Excellent way of framing this!

Lol what do Dolphins coaches know, we on forum say deshaun need to be traded for a trove of picks. Do it!!

You arrogance is showing again RobertHorry.

You are pounding the table for Deshaun with the same vigor as when you pounded the table for Cleo Lemon. Fail

Gotta love some Dolphins fan mentality.

In 2019 the Dolphins decided to do a total rebuild by gutting the team to create a manageable salary cap, trade talent to acquire draft picks so it can build through the draft and sign free agents to manageable contracts that fit Floā€™s system.

Two years in, it has worked better than expectations as the Dolphins who were supposedly tanking have gone 5-11 and 10-6 with a promising future, including a developing QB, have 4 of the first 50 picks including the #3 pick in the draft and is in decent shape salary cap wise to add a couple of more free agents.

News of a disgruntled QB (a good one for sure) with a pricey contract emerges on a 4-12 team and many of the Dolphin fans now want to ā€œABANDON SHIPā€ by trading away our draft picks along with Miamiā€™s best player, X, leaving Miami unable to no longer build through the draft or add additional free agents that fit the system because it would leave the Dolphins in salary cap stress moving forward.

Last edited:
Literally impossible, the Saints are in a realm beyond that of cap hell. They better win the Super Bowl this year because that team is going to be decimated when Brees leaves.
Houston isn't much better. Now with the cap being lowered it will be even worse for a lot of teams.

Edit: well OK I hadn't realized the Saints were 90m in the hole lol.....so yeah maybe Houston is much better.

Back
Top Bottom