ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

What if KC called and said, "Give me Tua and 4 1st round picks and I'll give you Mahomes"?

The idea of what is "too expensive" is just completely silly to me.
Watson makes 156 million over 4 years, with the cheapest year already on the books. For us to get him, (which would be a downgrade to what we already have IMO) we would have to give up our #3 pick and probably our pick at 18, as well as X, since we wouldn't have enough money to resign him. If Watson could only win 4 games behind an average OL with one of the best LTs in football what is he going to do behind a bottom 5 OL in football?
Personally I wouldn't sign Watson for the league minimum if they threw in a 7th round pick and a snickers, but to imagine spending all the draft capital we have accumulated over the past 2+ years for someone so unproven with tons of baggage is beyond moronic.
And to answer your question, no I would not trade the next 4 1st rd picks on Mahomes either.

If it happened Mahomes numbers will plummet because Dolphins do not equal Chiefs. We need to fix our offense to get proper production from a QB like Mahomes as good as he is. If the teams were comparable then sure we would obtain him but we are not near them.
So figure it out over the next fifteen years.

How about 6 firsts and they throw in Hill, Kelce, and Edward’s Helaire? We aren’t just a QB away, we need horses all across the offense
Someone tell Aaron Rodgers he should have retired when he didn't have Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings anymore since you can't possibly build weapons over time.

Barry Jackson is awesome, and when he says something I believe him. No reporter is 100% right, because they're lied to by the organization fairly often. But, Jackson has managed to be clear to the team that he's not interested in a scoop that is a red-herring. He wants information that is accurate, so the team tends not to use him to leak disinformation. For that, I am very happy to hear any news from Barry Jackson, because it has a better chance of being accurate.

The team has said Tua is our guy. I love that Grier said this not Coach Flo, because it allows Coach Flo to maintain his stance that he plays the best players ... most of the time. That helps keep the locker room vested in Coach Flo's approach and believing in their Coach. But, Grier can say whatever he wants, and his messages are often disinformation--as they should be because he has no locker room to manage. Grier's messages are the Dolphins' poker face in the high-stakes game of draft capital management. We want teams to think we might draft a QB ... so when Grier says Tua is our starter .... Tua and the team take it as a public vote of confidence, and other teams simply ask why Grier (disinformation?) says it and Coach Flo remains cryptically non-committal. That is the perfect combo for the Dolphins.

So, when Barry Jackson says we believe in Tua--I believe Barry. When he reports that we're not interested in Watson--I believe him. If we were to replace Tua with another QB ... I doubt it would be one who will command a mamoth salary and who has already made waves by publicly displaying lack of respect for his team's ownership and administration. Yes, many owners are jerks and idiots ... but Ross surely knows he is part of that idiot owner category, and the last thing he wants is his billion dollar toy humiliating him publicly and re-branding the franchise as dysfunctional. So, someone like Tua who is always respectful is imminently preferable to someone who is going to make the owner look terrible. Again, Ross can't help but be clueless about football; but he can help giving a platform and megaphone to someone who will point it out. So, I doubt the Dolphins are interested in Watson. While the Dolphins are very much OUR TEAM ... at the end of the day, we're just adopting ROSS' TEAM.

From Grier's standpoint, if he can upgrade the QB position--the most important position in all of sports--he will. But in this instance, his hands are likely tied. Even if they weren't, that's a career-ending decision if it doesn't work out ... and Grier is doing great things right now, so why would he throw it all away for a gamble on a disgruntled player when he is poised to cement himself as a great GM with one more draft full of high picks? (4 picks in the top 50).

What Jackson said makes sense. The Madden mentality of wheeling and dealing players without consequences is not the reality of the NFL. In the unlikely event we decide to move on from Tua, we would draft his replacement, not trade for him.

What if KC called and said, "Give me Tua and 4 1st round picks and I'll give you Mahomes"?

The idea of what is "too expensive" is just completely silly to me.

So little chance to put pieces around Mahomes? No Hill. No Kelce. No Watkins. No Hardman. Just the busted out turd balls called Miami Dolphins wide receivers .

Someone tell Aaron Rodgers he should have retired when he didn't have Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings anymore since you can't possibly build weapons over time.

Aaron Rodgers is a superior thrower in comparison to Mahomes.

So little chance to put pieces around Mahomes? No Hill. No Kelce. No Watkins. No Hardman. Just the busted out turd balls called Miami Dolphins wide receivers .
QBs go through multiple iterations of weapons throughout their careers. You guys act like 4 years worth of 1st round picks means it's impossible to surround the QB with weapons for the next 15 years.

I believe it...they may not make the first call but they will certainly listen if Houston calls...just like Tunsil's trade.

If things get bad enough in Houston and with Watson having a no-trade clause, they will be more desperate to resolve it one way or another.

No one is going to comment on these rumors publicly at this point.
I don't believe it and never did. Flo has made sure we don't have players on the team who are more worried about politics than football. If you want to be a politician that is fine and we can all respect that decision, I'm sure Collin Kaperjoke will offer you a job. But if you want to fit in to what we are building in Miami, football has to be important to you and we don't accept the kind of baggage Watson brings to the table. The price is high, the contract too large, and the baggage makes it impossible. It isn't a consideration and never was.
Tua had a GREAT rookie season, better than many hall of famers, so for anyone giving up on him now, you would have also given up on Peyton Manning.

Tua played many games missing multiple starting WR/TE's and a young OL that was not QB friendly. Yet he has been incessantly criticized. C'mon people. We will use our many draft picks to support him. Be a true fan- support the team and Tua.

Tua played many games missing multiple starting WR/TE's and a young OL that was not QB friendly. Yet he has been incessantly criticized. C'mon people. We will use our many draft picks to support him. Be a true fan- support the team and Tua.
Those shouldn't be tied together. Some people are supporting the team because they believe that Watson being a sure thing would be an upgrade over the question mark that is Tua.

There are some thoughts on the whole situation I will not comment on, but I will say this. Both Cade McNair and Nick Cesario have said that Watson is not for sale and they were looking to talk to him and with Jackson having already signed an extension the ball was in Houston's court.

I will also say that Watson likely was judt throwing a hissy fit and that once he meets with Cesario is views will change

Back
Top Bottom