ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

The NFL players may be trying to gain more power and control ala NBA players. But with a hard cap, your pissing in the wind.

James Harden is the epitome of a spoiled millionaire who is all about James Harden and the brand.

Any owner in the NFL would be wise not to travel that road. If Levon Bell had to sit a year, I don't see why Houston management can't force the same.
You think in a win now league Houston wouldn’t just collect 3 firsts and avoid the negative press? I think so

The NFL players may be trying to gain more power and control ala NBA players. But with a hard cap, your pissing in the wind.

James Harden is the epitome of a spoiled millionaire who is all about James Harden and the brand.

Any owner in the NFL would be wise not to travel that road. If Levon Bell had to sit a year, I don't see why Houston management can't force the same.
A QB, especially a young QB is uniquely well situated to sit out a year with few ill effects... oh they'd fine the crap out of him and go after his bonus money... but he could force a trade if he really wants to go there. This should be fun to watch... much like a train wreck

Last edited by a moderator:
You think in a win now league Houston wouldn’t just collect 3 firsts and avoid the negative press? I think so

3 firsts and a few 2nds. You keep putting a discount on the asking price, telling us all Watson has all the leverage

He doesn't. No matter how much you think so. He has 4 years left on a brand new contract.

Did PITTS care about the press in concerns to Bell? Nope.

A QB, especially a young QB is uniquely well situated to sit out a year with few ill effects... oh they'd fine the crap out of him and go after his bonus money... but he could force a trade if he really wants to go there. This should be fun to watch... much like a train wreck

Not sit out a year. Make him sit for the duration of his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's me doing the edits. You guys know why

3 firsts and a few 2nds. You keep putting a discount on the asking price, telling us all Watson has all the leverage

He doesn't. No matter how much you think so. He has 4 years left on a brand new contract.

Did PITTS care about the press in concerns to Bell? Nope.
I would trade Matt Hollins, Davon Godchaux, Jakeem Grant and a 6th round pick, and we get Houston's 5th round pick for Watson. Otherwise, no deal..

No it won't. Put yourself in the shoes of the Texans GM, tell me how he would sell that trade to his fanbase ? It's not even what we got for Tunsil or what the Eagles and Washington gave up to move up 3 or 4 spots in the draft to take the 2nd best prospect.
The fanbase got over the Tunsil trade and they got over the Hopkins debacle. They will get over this.

They both have equal leverage. I would say Watson has more. A no trade clause means of he sits out, there's nothing they can do but release him.

If he sits out, he can come back with 4 games left in the season. And do it again all over.

If that takes place then its either release him, or trade him for whatever you can get.

It all depends on how serious Watson is.

What if KC called and said, "Give me Tua and 4 1st round picks and I'll give you Mahomes"?

The idea of what is "too expensive" is just completely silly to me.
I’d respectfully say gtfo to their GM. Rebuild through the draft

Idk. So we trade for him and in a year he pulls the same stuff?
How about if Tua pulls the same stuff? He could eat $2.5 mill in fines to get moved.

How about any player pulls this?

Its the business of football.

How about if Tua pulls the same stuff? He could eat $2.5 mill in fines to get moved.

How about any player pulls this?

Its the business of football.
You cant assume and player is going to do it. Watson has already shown that he will especially after the team gave him a big contract.

Watson is playing his hand. Pushing his team into a corner when he knows he has all the cards. We've all seen and been to this dance before. Nothing to see basically. Move along.

You cant assume and player is going to do it. Watson has already shown that he will especially after the team gave him a big contract.
...and I'd still trade for him.

Just not at these prices.

Not sit out a year. Make him sit for the duration of his contract.
No... I hear ya. The temptation to do this is enormous, but in the long run... any team would buckle and take an offer, even if it isn't what they think they should get.

No... I hear ya. The temptation to do this is enormous, but in the long run... any team would buckle and take an offer, even if it isn't what they think they should get.

After Miami got their haul of picks last year, I see a Draft Day moment of "I want all my picks back you pancake eating ........"

Followed by ..... we want more.

Back
Top Bottom