ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

If I’m the saints I’m all in on a watson trade

window is closing and it’s closed with Brees

If I'm the Saints or Niners I'm offering the farm. Three firsts and a couple of seconds. No problem.

This is probably way out left, but the Rams should go after him and dump Jared Goff. They're another team that is a QB like Watson away. Colts are the other obvious fit, but can't see Houston trading him within the division.

Texans sources say the hypothetical trading price for Watson is 3 first round picks 3 second round picks and a ProBowl caliber player to start.

Texans sources can throw as big a piece of steaming crap as they want against the wall to see what sticks. In the end, half will fall off. They lost leverage the moment Watson went public. They want to see what a team will come in and offer in-between nothing and that ridiculous request. At the end of the day, Waston has a no-trade clause, so they either keep a disgruntled Franchise QB and try to make him happy OR they take the best offer from a team he's willing to play for. In the end i think they'll do everything in their power to keep him bc guys like him are incredible difficult to come by.

And let's not overlook the obvious here - the Dolphins have 2x1st round and 2x2nd round picks this year and 1 of each next year. Miami has a disgruntled pro-bowler in X (from Houston) wanting more. Miami has Tua. Houston is Dolphin fishing with that price tag.

And through in Grant for the hell of it....we need a punt returner.
He was 2nd team All Pro...

Other than 1st team All Pro...what else do you want?

Texans sources can throw as big a piece of steaming crap as they want against the wall to see what sticks. In the end, half will fall off. They lost leverage the moment Watson went public. They want to see what a team will come in and offer in-between nothing and that ridiculous request. At the end of the day, Waston has a no-trade clause, so they either keep a disgruntled Franchise QB and try to make him happy OR they take the best offer from a team he's willing to play for. In the end i think they'll do everything in their power to keep him bc guys like him are incredible difficult to come by.

And let's not overlook the obvious here - the Dolphins have 2x1st round and 2x2nd round picks this year and 1 of each next year. Miami has a disgruntled pro-bowler in X (from Houston) wanting more. Miami has Tua. Houston is Dolphin fishing with that price tag.

would you trade for him and if so what’s your offer keeping in mind you are taking on that contract?

If I'm the Saints or Niners I'm offering the farm. Three firsts and a couple of seconds. No problem.

This is probably way out left, but the Rams should go after him and dump Jared Goff. They're another team that is a QB like Watson away. Colts are the other obvious fit, but can't see Houston trading him within the division.

id put the Rams in there too

Now X is disgruntled? I know he prob wants a new contract, but he just signed this one two years ago. "Disgruntled" is a strong word.

I have to admit this is one of the most exciting times to be a Miami Dolphins fan. The team is coming off a 10-6 season, where the defense was one of the best in the NFL, but had to carry the offense. If you look at the Dolphins losses, three of those are against teams in the AFC Championship game. Another, Seattle, was a playoff team. If only Miami had defeated Denver or New England early in the season, but that was not to be. Still, the team overachieved and is definitely ahead of schedule.

The Dolphins are loaded with picks and possibilities. Obviously the goal of the offseason should start with surrounding Tua with talent. Miami's running backs and receivers easily rank in the bottom third of the NFL. The #3 overall pick is definitely intriguing with three potential franchise quarterbacks in the draft. Will the Dolphins trade the pick, take Smith, draft Sewell, go defense with Parsons?

One thing could dramatically change the team's focus, however. If Deshaun Watson ends up being available, Miami should be first in line. I read somewhere where it would probably take Tua, the #3 overall pick and pick #36. If that ends up being the compensation, the Dolphins should do it. I think Houston would want more, but Watson does have say in where he wants to go, which could limit them. Of course, if Houston is smart they hold onto Watson.

I like Tua, but Watson is 25 and already a top 5 quarterback in the league. The development of Josh Allen has to factor in as well. I'm sure very few, even in Buffalo, expected such a season after his rookie year. Miami has to match that. Perhaps Tua will with more talent around him. But Watson is already ahead of Allen IMO.

The chance that the Jets, with a slew of picks, could make a run at Watson has to be considered as well. Four out out of six division games against Allen and Watson would be brutal. Not to mention, Bill Bellichick is still in the division.

So, I guess the offseason starts with Watson and what that outcome ends up being.

Let's say this "what if" scenario:
Supposedly, Texans are asking for 2 1s, 2 2s, & a Pro Bowl caliber player.

We trade them the #3 pick, both #2s this year, our 1 next year and X. Howard for Watson.

We then turn around and trade Tua for a 2nd this year. * Remember, we traded a 2nd for Rosen and Tua certainly had a better rookie year than Rosen.

So we would still have the #18, the 2nd we get for Tua and the rest of our draft picks. Next year we still have the 2 and the rest of our picks.

We then do the following:
Draft Harris with #18 pick
Sign JuJu from Pittsburgh

We would have Watson at QB, Harris at RB, Parker and JuJu at WRs.

Texans could use the #3 pick to draft Wilson or Fields to have their QB.

I don't think it's too far fetched EXCEPT for maybe the salaries between Watson and JuJu.

Watson is a hard NO.

Save the picks and use them to load up on weapons.

Would you rather have Watson and no picks to get him weapons that we need? Nah, that’s Houston all over again

I have to admit this is one of the most exciting times to be a Miami Dolphins fan. The team is coming off a 10-6 season, where the defense was one of the best in the NFL, but had to carry the offense. If you look at the Dolphins losses, three of those are against teams in the AFC Championship game. Another, Seattle, was a playoff team. If only Miami had defeated Denver or New England early in the season, but that was not to be. Still, the team overachieved and is definitely ahead of schedule.

The Dolphins are loaded with picks and possibilities. Obviously the goal of the offseason should start with surrounding Tua with talent. Miami's running backs and receivers easily rank in the bottom third of the NFL. The #3 overall pick is definitely intriguing with three potential franchise quarterbacks in the draft. Will the Dolphins trade the pick, take Smith, draft Sewell, go defense with Parsons?

One thing could dramatically change the team's focus, however. If Deshaun Watson ends up being available, Miami should be first in line. I read somewhere where it would probably take Tua, the #3 overall pick and pick #36. If that ends up being the compensation, the Dolphins should do it. I think Houston would want more, but Watson does have say in where he wants to go, which could limit them. Of course, if Houston is smart they hold onto Watson.

I like Tua, but Watson is 25 and already a top 5 quarterback in the league. The development of Josh Allen has to factor in as well. I'm sure very few, even in Buffalo, expected such a season after his rookie year. Miami has to match that. Perhaps Tua will with more talent around him. But Watson is already ahead of Allen IMO.

The chance that the Jets, with a slew of picks, could make a run at Watson has to be considered as well. Four out out of six division games against Allen and Watson would be brutal. Not to mention, Bill Bellichick is still in the division.

So, I guess the offseason starts with Watson and what that outcome ends up being.
So then it would turn out to be:

Tunsil, Tua, Stills, 2020 4th and 2021 6th

for

Watson, Davenport, Bademosi and Igbinoghene

Cutler traded for Orton and picks is the best example tbh.
You’ve gotta think Tua and two firsts does it

Watson is a hard NO.

Save the picks and use them to load up on weapons.

Would you rather have Watson and no picks to get him weapons that we need? Nah, that’s Houston all over again
In the scenario mentioned all it takes is giving Houston their picks back and Tua. We’d still have picks 18 and 50. Not saying we should or shouldn’t do it, but that is a dirt cheap price for an elite QB.

They will want more than that (bolded part). I saw 3 firsts, 3 seconds and as pro bowl player. That would deplete our draft stock for a few years.

Maybe they ask that maybe their leverage is limited but if that's the case no way.

They will want more than that (bolded part). I saw 3 firsts, 3 seconds and as pro bowl player. That would deplete our draft stock for a few years.

Maybe they ask that maybe their leverage is limited but if that's the case no way.
I think they'll want more than what was suggested as well.

My guess would be Tua, #3 overall, 1st rounder in 2022 and #36 this year. Something along those lines.

With Tua included, Houston would likely deal that #3 for a boatload of picks.

It's also why a Miami offer could be more enticing than a Jets offer. Houston would likely draft a quarterback at #2, the pick obtained from NYJ.

Back
Top Bottom