ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

We play it cool. We have Tua, we do not need Watson. If we can get watson cheap, consider it but Watson might want us more than we want him, or need him. With his no-trade agreement and him wanting to come to Miami we could fleece Houston once again. If Houston comes crawling to us and X man is considering holding out ,x man and a 3rd in 2020 for Watson. . We keep our draft picks, X s cap number helps to match Watsons. See what we have in Watson and allow Tua learn from him. In 2023 we can trade either one of them for a couple of draft picks. Always control qb talent If not lets see what we got with Tua

A certain Titan fan said he hopes Tua goes to the Texans so they can face him twice a year. Nothing I want more than for Tua to burn the Titans into the ground.

So Deshaun Watson is unhappy in Houston.

He might be done in Houston.

Houston may not have a ton of leverage here.

Oh......they also have a new GM.

That GM, Nick Caserio, might be inclined to trade the disgruntled QB.

And in doing so, might not get max value for him with the trade partner.

Hmmmm. That could benefit us.......but it might also be damn troubling.

Where did Caserio come from again?

:( :bobdole:🤮😰🤕

Texans sources say the hypothetical trading price for Watson is 3 first round picks 3 second round picks and a ProBowl caliber player to start.

A seller will always try to start high unless they believe they can create a bidding war by starting a little low.

If Watson is really willing to sit for a year and/or this makes it hard to land a coach until there is a resolution, Watson might have a lot more leverage than normal.

Like i said in another thread. If this thing happens and Miami is indeed the favorite then i can't see them offering Houston more than their original draft picks #3 overall, the 2nd rounder. They would also get Miami next years 1st and Tua if they want him.

So basically Miami would trade away it's own 1st rounder and Tua and give back Houston their original picks.

It's clearly cheap for Houston. But it's more than they have.

For Miami it still gives them the opportunity to draft talent @18 and @56

Is there a possibility that Watson ratings is so high because he's had Wide Receivers in the First Round Grades that ran in the 4.3's? His play this year gave us a third pick in the draft. Just a thought.....

Is there a possibility that Watson ratings is so high because he's had Wide Receivers in the First Round Grades that ran in the 4.3's? His play this year gave us a third pick in the draft. Just a thought.....
Nope Watson is a bona-fide star on an awful team. He put a couple wins on their record and kept them in games. The team finally collapsed because of a dysfunctional FO, poor roster management and ignoring their salary cap. No players can win in that scenario

Houston doesn’t have a ton of leverage if Watson refuses to play for them. If the Texans go for Tua and #3 I’m down. We have too many holes to sell the farm and destroy our cap. We need the picks. More than that I would rather roll the dice with Tua at QB. He showed enough flashes that he can become a good NFL QB. I trust Flores to maximize any player’s potential.

look i feel watson is great, but the salary cap and what we would have to give up will set us back. we would bring him in which will kill the cap, then he is throwing to nobody just like tua. we need to be patient. let the kid develop. if we put guys around him and he fails ill eat crow, but I just don't know how this helps us in the long run. i think this is a knee jerk reaction.

Back
Top Bottom