Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins

Dan Marino wasn't "mobile" .... it's about pocket awareness and how you slide around.

Regardless, having seen all his games the mobility issue is a bit overstated. Not saying he's RGIII or anything though.

i don't believe that kid slides around in the pocket and feels the pressure like marino did...i don't think he can feel it from the backside and climb the pocket anything like marino did...and i don't think he has anywhere near the same release...

anyways you've got me interested in watching that eagles game now to see for myself how he looked

i don't believe that kid slides around in the pocket and feels the pressure like marino did...i don't think he can feel it from the backside and climb the pocket anything like marino did...and i don't think he has anywhere near the same release...

anyways you've got me interested in watching that eagles game now to see for myself how he looked

Was Marino the pocket king at Pitt like he was with the Dolphins? Or did it develop?

Pittsburgh looked impressive, as usual, their revamped O-line with Decastro and Adams looked solid. Manning's throws looked wobbly at times not as crisp as in the past and some throws looked like they didn't have much mustard on them. The Bills D-Line looks really stout. Ingram showed that his motor can carry over into the NFL and made plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foles is just a perfect fit for what the Iggles do on offense, and he'll be the main backup as he's looked so much better than Mike Kafka.

On the other end, Steelers are a very deep team at WR and RB, and DeCastro/Adams should make their OL competent for the first time in a long time.

Peyton Manning looked rusty. I didn't want him in Miami though.

I thought he looked pretty good. He seemed comfortable. Only played one drive. Completed a nice 3rd and long over the middle after a holding call set them back. Had a nice throw to the sideline from the opposite hash with plenty of zip and velocity to avoid the pick 6. Did have the INT on the goal line. Tipped by his receiver but not a good throw either. All in all he looked like Peyton Manning. He is going to beast this year in Denver.

I will tell you who looked real good tonight though..... MATTY ICE!!! Matt Ryan had some beautiful throws and got some big yardage. The TD throw to Julio Jones was a thing of beauty. Outstanding catch by Julio as well. ROLL TIDE. Julio is going to have a huge season this year. They also hooked up on a real nice deep ball down the sidelines.

The Eagles may have outsmarted everyone with RB Bryce Brown. That stood out to me as a keen 7th round pick when they made it and boy did he look impressive tonight. Scary because they already have LeSean McCoy and Dion Lewis, and a lot of people really liked Chris Polk (not me). They won't let Brown go, though. He'll be staying on the roster, unfortunately.

You want a nobody, Chris Summers just made a hell of a high point back shoulder catch in good coverage for the Bears. He's coming out of Liberty, 6'5" and 213 lbs, ran a 4.57 at his pro day. I don't care what the speed numbers say though, that was a heck of a body control play.

Of all players, DE Montee Taylor the rookie UDFA out of Cincinnati looked good. Cincinnati's producing some real good talent. Derek Wolfe had a great night.

Last week it was Tyrunn Walker's turn to look great at DT for the Saints. This week it was Canadian 3rd round pick Akiem Hicks. He looked like a MAN out there.

And the reports of Chandler Jones looking good were not exaggerated. Scary. You know who else looked good there though? Jermaine Cunningham.

Mallett sucked. No two ways about that one.

This is the second week in a row that WR Courtney Roby of the Saints has really flashed all over the place. Between Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Lance Moore, Nick Toon, Courtney Roby and this Joe Morgan guy they love and keep trying to feature, they've got a little bit of a log jam at that position. Hmmm...

Brock Osweiler and Nick Foles looked the best this evening of the rookie quarterbacks, including RG3.

Alshon Jeffery showed he means business. He looks lean and explosive, and he was getting open and making catches. Watch out.

I like the safety pairing of Chris Conte and Major Wright. Wright intercepted Peyton Manning. Both Wright and Conte were favorites of mine.

RB Jeremiah Johnson looked really good. I liked him a lot coming out too.

TE Cornelius Ingram had to feel good tonight. But he'll probably get injured on the way back to the hotel.

LB Nate Irving really stood out.

I hear Melvin Ingram looked great but I didn't see that game.

He looked good to a jaded Dolphins fan perhaps.
He is obviously not healthy and he had Pennington like velocity on some throws he needed to drive. He could get that strength back but its not there yet.

:lol: What game were you watching? Pennington wouldnt even have attempted that throw across the field. That thing was every bit of 35 yards in the air to the other sideline. Manning had plenty of velocity on his throws. In fact too much on a couple of them. He tried to jam on in on the very first throw and the one that was intercepted was also forced into too small of a window resulting in the receiver bouncing it off himself for the int.

What about that 3rd and long over the middle too? That thing had plenty of velocity.

Tannehill is growing on me.

I had Kuechly and Foles/Osweiler.

Im with you on Bryce Brown CK. I watched him carry it and from the very first time he looked like he had real NFL explosion and shiftyness to the outside.

Also, that Foles kid does look good. I think he has some minor tweaking to do with his mechanics, but he has some natural ability. I see him at the least being a guy the Eagles can go to and he can look good enough to garner trade value like they do with all their QBs. But, he could also be their QB going forward within a year or two. Kid can throw.

and another thing....i think nfl officiating is horrendous at times but my god hurry up and bring those senior citizens coffee drinking social security collecting sobs back before these clowns start impacting regular season results with their awful calls...cause its coming if they don't get this thing fixed...and goodell get that damn broad off the field...damn this league is getting soft under this panzy

That broad could beat you and I up without even trying haha she's a 6 time world judo champion

Nick Foles catching on doesn't surprise me. I figured Andy Reid's accelerated developing regimen would benefit Foles. Rather than flip him for a 2nd round pick down the road like he usually does for the QB's he develops, I think Foles ends up the solution after they move on from wasting time with Vick.

Bryce Brown doesn't surprise me either. Problem is he just didn't play enough football in college to evaluate him. But his physical talent was very evident early on at Tennessee.... just seemed distracted and a bit of a head case. Worth the 7th round flyer the Eagles took on him if he focuses on football.

Peyton Manning looked more rusty than anything else and I would be pretty concerned about his ball velocity at this point.

He threw only one perimeter timing play, and it was a very Pennington-like high ball which increases the percentages of a completion but decreases the chance of any run after catch. He did this because he just can't get any heat on the football. His other perimeter ball was an extended play where the OL had just blocked so long that receivers had begun breaking and getting more separation. He made the deeper throw up the middle similarly with a LOT of time given to him by the OL.

My question is, what happens when the OL is not giving you that time?

That's when he'll have to keep dumping off short which he did in this game but even in just this preseason game with zero game planning the defense was able to figure that one out and started dropping guys back to play robber on the underneath stuff, which is how Peyton nearly threw that first interception before he successfully threw the interception on a second attempt near the end zone.

Oh and that ball he threw on the interception came out like a wet cat...angry, dangerous and totally out of control. It was wobbly and way behind the receiver, allowed Moore to tip it up and then it was just a tip drill...only this time it wasn't Jacob Tamme who came down with it but Major Wright who took 3 to 7 points off the board for the Broncos.

He was still Peyton Manning, though. Still the smartest QB in the game. He nearly threw a touchdown off an extremely keen read and adjustment based on how he saw the defense line up. He just overthrew the ball in the end zone a little bit...which in this case was more rust than having anything to do with arm strength.

It's tough to tell how well he's going to do until you see him get into faster situations with a heavier rush, and also until you see him knock off all that rust.

I did not get to see Alshon Jeffery yet. I wanted to watch some of that.

CK, what do you think about the Pats RBs. Woodhead is the only guy that got real signifigant playing time from last season, but they are talking like the Pats will throw it even more this year and that all of the backs who make the team will be counted on to get carries and play special teams in that the RB is just not a premium position for them value wise.

I like that strategy, but the talk was whoever gets cut up there is going to be someone with some talent. You know they are keeping Woodhead and that kid from LSU who got some playing time last year.

Do you see any of the other 3 being a potential asset? I know we are not necessarially solid at the RB position depth wise. The NFL network guys mentioned that there were about 20 scouts from different teams at that Pats game and mainly because of the 5 RBs. Your thoughts?

Lets keep this thread roaring guys. This could be good. Talking football and prospective talents at a rapid pace with CK and Ted Slimm Jr is quality ****.

Im going to get some tea. Keep firing away guys.

Dr Slimm, how huge of a season is Julio Jones about to have? Also, what are your thoughts on Richardson's knee surgery and how do you think it impacts his season?

Back
Top Bottom