Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the Preseason: Performances of players you liked/wanted on the Dolphins

by the way i'm totally with you guys on peyton mannings arm...i watched it this morning...that's very very pennington like...his timing is gonna have to be on point...looks like he really has to get behind the ball to even reach the far sidelines...there's definitely something missing there...manning never had a cannon but what i saw this morning if i'm a broncos fan i'm concerned...like penny looks like his timing is gonna have to be spot on...i can see some dbs driving on footballs if his arm doesn't get better when they play for keeps...ball fluttered on him a little bit also but he's never thrown the prototype ball anyways...as usual though his reads spot on...

if it doesn't get a lot better in the next few weeks might be time for me to change my broncos win that divison prediction considering that schedule...its scary stuff when your timing is good with the ball and guys are still getting the jump on it

Melvin Ingram and Nick Perry looked like a monsters damn I wish we could of traded up for one of them

I know he hasn't played yet but........

AJ Green is going for 1600 yards this year....That is all

SHS FOR LIFE BITCHES..

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

There were reports out at draft time that Ireland tried to trade back into the 1st to get Nick Perry.

Pittsburgh looked impressive, as usual, their revamped O-line with Decastro and Adams looked solid. Manning's throws looked wobbly at times not as crisp as in the past and some throws looked like they didn't have much mustard on them. The Bills D-Line looks really stout. Ingram showed that his motor can carry over into the NFL and made plays.

I'm assuming you gave me a thumbs down because I gave you one. I shouldn't have given you a thumbs down because I didn't disagree with your whole post. I only disagreed with the part about the Pitt OL. The Pitt OL looked terrible. Ben was constantly flushed out of the pocket, and the pocket constantly broke down. He made some great plays on his own and they looked like the same OL that has helped get him sacked more than most QBs in the league every year (top 5 in times sacked since 2006 except 2010). I know he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but there was constant pressure on him last night.
I agree with the rest of what you said, especially your opinion of Peyton.

I'm assuming you gave me a thumbs down because I gave you one. I shouldn't have given you a thumbs down because I didn't disagree with your whole post. I only disagreed with the part about the Pitt OL. The Pitt OL looked terrible. Ben was constantly flushed out of the pocket, and the pocket constantly broke down. He made some great plays on his own and they looked like the same OL that has helped get him sacked more than most QBs in the league every year (top 5 in times sacked since 2006 except 2010). I know he holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but there was constant pressure on him last night.
I agree with the rest of what you said, especially your opinion of Peyton.

I should have phrased my opinion more precise or direct about Pittsburgh, I was impressed more with Decastro and Adams, in spite of Adams giving up a sack; than Pitts o-line overall. But understand why some would disagree with my initial post about Pittsburgh. My apologies to you fellow Dolfan!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What, you think he's going to be perfect in his first game in almost 2 years? Be serious!
Be serious? Drama much? they make a valid point, if CK and hoops make an observation about arm strength, I tend to take thier side. Two years of rust doesn't kill arm strength, it would kill timing and anticipation.

What, you think he's going to be perfect in his first game in almost 2 years? Be serious!

You need to understand Manning's injury before assuming he can play at the level he once did. It's was obvious, he wasn't 100% healthy. That type of injury will cause him difficulties the rest of his life. I'm willing to bet, Manning won't return to his old self ever. I'm not saying he doesn't have the football smarts or IQ anymore, but, they will now be far ahead of his physical ability at this point in his career after 4 neck surgeries.

LaVonte David was a beast tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Bruce Irvin and Russell Wilson playing tomorrow night. I was hoping to see Irvin there in the 3rd, and same with Russell had we passed on Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom