Article: NFL play-calling a challenge for Beck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: NFL play-calling a challenge for Beck

finsforce

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"You can never prepare enough, learn enough," he said. "I'm going up against some veterans on our defense who've been in the NFL for 17 years. You strive to be perfect. Just when I finish a practice and I think I've got it all down, one mistake can almost undo everything I feel I've accomplished that day."
This article was fantastic to read. The more I hear about Beck, the more I admire the guy. It really makes me appreciate how fortunate the Dolphins are for drafting him in the second round. What humors me most about the article is how it ends...

He's a gym rat on steroids, chasing cheddar. Perhaps that's one more reason  besides arm strength and accuracy  Miami took Beck over Brady Quinn.
Oh, yeah! Here's the link: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,680196134,00.html

[Update: Alternate link - http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,680196515,00.html]

Good read. I like hearing that the game doesn't seem to be a blur to him. He has only had minicamp experience. So nothing was probably anywhere near full speed. But I've heard from many rookie QBs that the speed of the NFL game was a huge adjustment they had to make. If Beck doesn't struggle with that as much as others, he could be ready to start earlier. And it seems like he knows the types of plays, just not the verbiage. And I think that's a good sign as well.

Good read. I like hearing that the game doesn't seem to be a blur to him. He has only had minicamp experience. So nothing was probably anywhere near full speed. But I've heard from many rookie QBs that the speed of the NFL game was a huge adjustment they had to make. If Beck doesn't struggle with that as much as others, he could be ready to start earlier. And it seems like he knows the types of plays, just not the verbiage. And I think that's a good sign as well.

:yeahthat:

didnt think beck looks like a gym rat, guess we ll find out at camp

That's a great article! I for one was dismayed when I was following the draft and saw that we had passed on Quinn. However, since then as I have watched film of this guy and read about him I am really impressed and feel like we've got ourselves a really good QB for the future in John Beck.

Wait until preseason games, then John Beck will be feeling the increase in speed. It's a little different when there is an actual pass rush.

Good to know that he's working that hard on learning the new offense, though.

Back
Top Bottom