Article: NFL play-calling a challenge for Beck | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article: NFL play-calling a challenge for Beck

I just hope he starts later rather than sooner. IMO, nothing hurts a young QB more than being thrown under the bus when he's not ready to start. Hopefully, Green can play two more serviceable years, one as the starter, one as the backup. Give Beck time to grow into the role, then he can be successful.

Good read. Although I can now imagine Bill Belichick sending a spy to follow Beck and his wife during grocery shopping.
:lol:

didnt think beck looks like a gym rat, guess we ll find out at camp

Though John may not have the physique of your proverbial gym rat, he works out a ton. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the genes necessary to provide the build you would expect from somebody who works out as much as he does. In fact, his brother got all those genes because the kid looks like he’s been chiseled out of marble.

Great Read, he's a smart guy without a doubt. He did well in the Portuguese classes I had with him.

Though John may not have the physique of your proverbial gym rat, he works out a ton. Unfortunately he doesn’t have the genes necessary to provide the build you would expect from somebody who works out as much as he does. In fact, his brother got all those genes because the kid looks like he’s been chiseled out of marble.

I really not sure I would want my QB is to be chisled out of marble. I keep thinking of Lumpy and his right arm.

Beck's mental appoarch is great though.

Good read

Articles of Beck in college always mention his work ethic.

First on the field, last to leave and willing to work extra time after practice or on off days with receivers who were willing to put in the extra time.

Sounds like the type of player who will be a success. I look forward to watching him this preseason.

I look forward to seeing him in the preseason but I'm not expecting any miracles. He's not the kind of guy that slaps on a pair of blue jeans and goes out on the field and shows up NFL talent with his outrageous other-worldly gifts. He's the kind of guy that takes a year or two getting use to playbook, the speed of the game, managing the huddle and the players, and then goes in and does well.

We the miami dolphin fans are experts in judging QB'S,we know the standard is the great #13,,,so far from everything that i have seen about john beck,i like,,now i'am ready to see him play some football

If Miami fans were such great experts on quarterback talent, I wouldn't have had so many tooth-and-nail arguments about Joey Harrington about this time last year.

I love this article and it defitnetly shows how more prepared Beck was then Brady Quinn. Can wait till preseason.

I love this article and it defitnetly shows how more prepared Beck was then Brady Quinn. Can wait till preseason.

Not sure how it could show that, considering it didn't discuss Quinn at all or compare their work habits.

Why is it that everyone has to knock Quinn in order to praise Beck? There were two QBs I felt would have long term success in this league from this draft, Quinn was one of them and Beck was the other. Quinn will get by more on size, strength, feet and awareness...Beck has the size thing going decidedly against him right now and will HAVE to be more accurate than Quinn to be successful...which he will.

Nobody in the draft works harder at his trade than Brady Quinn.

Back
Top Bottom