As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

Tankathon mock has us taking Rousseau at the moment and Parsons the next pick after ours..

It may end up being the Jets with the number one pick.

If Miami is top 10, they need to find a difference-maker for the front seven. Parsons maybe.

It is going to be very interesting to see how teams rank opt out players compared to those that didn't.
I had Freiermuth as a 1st rounder but now I'm thinking he can slip to the second.
I recently read the opt out player would not have played in almost 2 yrs by the time the draft takes place. Supposedly there is legitimate concerns by NFL personnel people.

I recently read the opt out player would not have played in almost 2 yrs by the time the draft takes place. Supposedly there is legitimate concerns by NFL personnel people.
Since this year doesn't count against eligibility I wonder if some top talent will go back to school next year rather than draft.

Looking at our schedule, we seem to be pushing for 8-8.

If Houston can help us get a top 6 pick, I would love to walk out of the first round with Chase and the Edge player from Miami.

We need a receiver who can get some separation.

The bad part is Lawrence is probably destined for the Jets.
Do you honestly believe Chase will be there at #6? This kid is already better than all the WR's in this past year's draft, and his upside is fantastic. He's like a higher rated version of Julio Jones with a tremendous ceiling and high floor. I can't see him getting down to #6, even if we get the pick. I think he's a 3 to 5 pick, right after the QB's. You could be right, and I'd LOVE to have him ... and wouldn't mind one of the consolation prizes from Alabama (Smith or Waddle) to pair with Tua and build around him. But yeah ... Chase is definitely the top preferred option.

Only wildcard I see is that our highest priorities need to be pass rushers who can flex DE/OLB, and if someone shows to be elite, and we can draft them ... I'm guessing that's who we draft. But pairing a young franchise QB with the best WR prospect since Dez Bryant is definitely something that makes me salivate.

Since this year doesn't count against eligibility I wonder if some top talent will go back to school next year rather than draft.
I'm sure some will, but if they think they have a 1st round grade it will be very rare indeed if they do not declare. One thing this pandemic has shown these kids is that sometimes there are forces that can prevent you from getting that money if you do not get it now.

I believe once a player declares for the draft, he's not allowed to return to college as an athlete and play sports. He can return to continue his education but not to play.

I believe once a player declares for the draft, he's not allowed to return to college as an athlete and play sports. He can return to continue his education but not to play.
I thought that was only if the althlete accepts some type of financial gain. In the normal world.
I am not aware of all the exceptions for this year. I didn't know until yesterday that even if they at this year it doesn't count against eligibility.

I don't think teams can view this draft as finding "instant " starters. Obviously, some players might be but it may take a little more time for most.

I thought that was only if the althlete accepts some type of financial gain. In the normal world.
I am not aware of all the exceptions for this year. I didn't know until yesterday that even if they at this year it doesn't count against eligibility.
The only League that I'm aware of that allows players to declare then undeclared and return to school is the NBA.

The NFL has always been, if you declare, your ineligible to return to play college sports.

The only League that I'm aware of that allows players to declare then undeclared and return to school is the NBA.

The NFL has always been, if you declare, your ineligible to return to play college sports.
Do you know if any that opted back in had already declared?

I'm having issues linking article. But turk punter for asu was granted 2 years of eligibility back after not being selected in last draft. Cited was covid restricting his ability to perform for scouts. I see may more of this at least for the next 2 years.

Tankathon mock has us taking Rousseau at the moment and Parsons the next pick after ours..

I haven't watch much of Rousseau. How legit do you think he really is? Seems like he hasn't played much and he opted out this season.

If they took Rousseau over Parsons i'd lose it..

I haven't watch much of Rousseau. How legit do you think he really is? Seems like he hasn't played much and he opted out this season.

If they took Rousseau over Parsons i'd lose it..
I'm starting to lean towards Roche being better than Rousseau

Back
Top Bottom