Asante Samuel not happy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel not happy

Now that's a trade that could defitely happen. Briggs for Samuel. It almost seems too easy.

I would really like to have him but it would mean trading Booker to get the cap money to pay him and I don't think the Pats want him in this division.

We could give them their 2nd and 7th back along with Ricky or Renaldo Hill or Andre Goodman. I think they are still looking for safety help and now they may need a corner as well.

With Porter and Samuel and drafting Landry I wouldn't even want to play the Dolphins if I was opposing teams. We could spread misery all over the NFL.

That would be nice wouldn't it?

No matter what - he will not be a PHIN ..... it would be nice, however, to see the PATS lose him ...

For them to lose Samuels and with Harrison on his last leg .... that is something good -- but also another reason the PATS won't let him go this year.

From a player standpoint, I've never seen such a respected organization treat it's players with such disrespect in my entire life.

If you look at what they've done... they've leveraged themselves into having to offer Samuels less money. Teams have tucked it in now.... they're focusing on the draft.

In a market in which Clements and Dre Bly have hit it big, Samuels has seen his franchise tag make other teams balk. All this during a year in which teams have a small surplus of new money to spend. Now, he honestly couldn't find a buyer in the market if he wanted too. So, he either takes a "value" contract the Pats are going to squeeze him on or play out this year with no job security.

With all the players complaining about this organization's player treatment in the recent years, I can't fathom why some players can't wait to get in New England. I sure hope Wes was careful what he wished for.....

This post is dead on although pats fans would vehemently disagree. I said it from the very beginning right before Free Agency. They will have no

intention of retaining Asante at fair market value, but tagging him for the purpose of a late trade (to have 2 firsts again). So I kind of had the feeling he wouldn't end up with us.

From a football standpoint, the Pats have mastered the current NFL.
Or is it the fact that others teams (starting w/ AFC east) aren't doing enough to make ne pay for their practices? This is not sour grapes but I'm tired of the pats annual anointment. They definitely have not reinvented the wheel.

Think about it, has their successes been the result of everything they did or simply capitalizing on and subsequently reaping the rewards of our FO's ineptness throughout the years?

Sooner than later their harsh treatment of players not named brady will backfire. Actually that arrogant stance against branch directly cost them another title.

Now that's a trade that could defitely happen. Briggs for Samuel. It almost seems too easy.

I would really like to have him but it would mean trading Booker to get the cap money to pay him and I don't think the Pats want him in this division.

We could give them their 2nd and 7th back along with Ricky or Renaldo Hill or Andre Goodman. I think they are still looking for safety help and now they may need a corner as well.

With Porter and Samuel and drafting Landry I wouldn't even want to play the Dolphins if I was opposing teams. We could spread misery all over the NFL.

We dont have to worry about that. It would never happen because they just traded for AT. Linebacker is one area the Rats dont need.

would be great to see him bolt NE but i also wish he was doing it to come here. Doesnt seem like that would happen which is alright i guess. At least he would be leaving NE. I hope that at least happens.

i would not expect miami to try this but hopefully he goes to a team outside the division and possibly a NFC team so we wont see him very often
are we scared of him now i mean cmon dude i dont want him hes a rolle coaster player and i think we have a solid young secondary fo now and i believe no giving away our picks no more cam got those picks for a reason we are getting fresh blood laadies and gents no more giving away pics like we did before

give them back their 2nd rd pick....so we get asante samuel and a 7th for wes welker.....lol....id love that

give them back their 2nd rd pick....so we get asante samuel and a 7th for wes welker.....lol....id love that

Yes miami fans Asunte Samuels could be yours! Simply pony up the 2-1st round draft picks and send them on over to NE and Samuel is yours....of course don't forget to mortgage the franchise for his salary as he's looking for similar money as Nate Clemments got in SF.

I really do hope we can work something out long term with Samuel but not for that kind of money. He's had one real good season (last season) and I'm not ready to hand out an $80 million contract for 1 really good season. these CB today are making Ty Law look very affordable.

Yes miami fans Asunte Samuels could be yours! Simply pony up the 2-1st round draft picks and send them on over to NE and Samuel is yours....of course don't forget to mortgage the franchise for his salary as he's looking for similar money as Nate Clemments got in SF.

I really do hope we can work something out long term with Samuel but not for that kind of money. He's had one real good season (last season) and I'm not ready to hand out an $80 million contract for 1 really good season. these CB today are making Ty Law look very affordable.

Mortgage the franchise? We all know Nate will not see the full 80 so that's a cop out. For what he did in the postseason alone Asante should be paid his worth, but that's your problem.
Face it most pats fans are actually cheering for Belly, Pioli & brady not the ne patriots. Who knows how long Bill will stay because IMO as soon as your coach sees a better opp/challenge (maybe after this yr w/ NYG) he's gone.
Once this happens it will be a wrap for everything patriots. Then you all can go back to being full time bosox fans right?

Asante Samuel is no match for the patriots front office. He will fall in line very soon.

Asante Samuel is no match for the patriots front office. He will fall in line very soon.

All elite players have the upper hand. They can holdout/not report/refuse to sign tender as long as possible because there will always be that owner and/or GM waiting in the wings. But a franchise can't keep healthy players away (per new CBA), and if they chose to slap the fran tag on same player year after year out of spite they'll look petty. Plus it would be bad business.

Alright this is what is going to happen with Samual.

The same thing that branch did last year. Pats will hold on to him until just before the start of the season and trade him to a team for no less than a 1st round pick next year.

The SAME EXACT thing will happen with Samual as did with Branch. NE will have two 1st round picks again next year........ GOD I HATE THEM

Back
Top Bottom