atmosphere in here is too negative | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

atmosphere in here is too negative

Maybe ...and I get your point.... but At the end of the day I would rather have them rant on here to air themselves out than punch their dog or wife or whatever or shoot somebody in the street in a fit of rage.

I do believe most people on here are not trolls, they're just passionate about the team and just want to win. I am willing to bet that in person most of these people are great people, but on here they seem a little crazy with the rants, but again it's only because they are airing themselves out. As long as it's within the TOS I don't see the issue.

You just have to be able to spot people that are just airing themselves out from people that want to start arguments for just the sake of arguing. I totally understand if you want to talk someone off the ledge with facts, but if you just want to argue and throw more fire on the flame then you become part of the problem. Just think before you post something against someone that may just have needed to get something off their chest.

I mean, there are plenty of players that fans who are protective of Tua have no problem being critical of right now. Does Austin Jackson or Iggy not deserve the same opportunities to improve as Tua? They deserve the criticism until they play well enough not to.
My thought is what does that mass critism accomplish? It's not going to make us feel better and it's not going to make the player better so what's the point? Even if we as fans are frustrated with a player or coach why now is their such a desire to share that frustraion with masses? I'm not saying I'm right and others are wrong. We all deal with things differently. It's just things I don't understand.

I like to think a good mix of positive and negative makes for a satisfying and more accurate view of reality.

There are things I love about what we've done building this team and things I hate. Anyone who only sees one or the other entirely is going to an extreme that probably doesn't represent what is happening.

My thought is what does that mass critism accomplish? It's not going to make us feel better and it's not going to make the player better so what's the point? Even if we as fans are frustrated with a player or coach why now is their such a desire to share that frustraion with masses? I'm not saying I'm right and others are wrong. We all deal with things differently. It's just things I don't understand.
Why share when we feel things are going right? We humans like to share, to vent. It makes us feel good to get it off our chest. It feels even better if others feel the same way.

I mean, there are plenty of players that fans who are protective of Tua have no problem being critical of right now. Does Austin Jackson or Iggy not deserve the same opportunities to improve as Tua? They deserve the criticism until they play well enough not to.
keep in mind neither one of those two had the career in college that Tua had. Not even close. They were both drafted on potential alone but they should have never been taken in the first round.

Maybe ...and I get your point.... but At the end of the day I would rather have them rant on here to air themselves out than punch their dog or wife or whatever or shoot somebody in the street in a fit of rage.

I do believe most people on here are not trolls, they're just passionate about the team and just want to win. I am willing to bet that in person most of these people are great people, but on here they seem a little crazy with the rants, but again it's only because they are airing themselves out. As long as it's within the TOS I don't see the issue.

You just have to be able to spot people that are just airing themselves out from people that want to start arguments for just the sake of arguing. I totally understand if you want to talk someone off the ledge with facts, but if you just want to argue and throw more fire on the flame then you become part of the problem. Just think before you post something against someone that may just have needed to get something off their chest.
In my dream world if we were all in a bar somewhere and there was few tables where people were constantly negative and seemed at risk of punching their dog or wife, we would just avoid those tables. However, now we seem to enter the bar and run straight to those toxic tables to interact. It feels like a mental addiction of some sort.

It seems reasonable to me that on a fan forum such as this, people will point out players who are playing well and players who should be playing better. Of course you’ll have the extremes on both sides who overreact. I enjoy all of it. At the end of the day, the forum is very entertaining and a lot of fun to be a part of.

A positive spin on bad performance makes for a negative result.

Why share when we feel things are going right? We humans like to share, to vent. It makes us feel good to get it off our chest. It feels even better if others feel the same way.
But does that venting really make you feel better? I get the feeling it just feeds and gets worse.

I strongly believe the loss on Sundays hurts the fan base, but it's the other 6 days of doom and gloom and back and forth bickering that really wears us down the most. In the old days you would lose a game and then have 6 days to recharge and get excited about the next week. Now it's like constant waves of misery crashing into your from the final whistle of one game until kickoff the next week. And that's win or lose. If you're living through the season in this manor eventually you're just going to want the season to end and the pain to stop.

And while I say it's the doom and gloom posters, it's just as much the rest of the fans fault. Myself included. I know what I'm going to read here before I even sign on, but at this point I still keep coming back even though I know it can be toxic
The game was fun even if we lost.

I really think Tua is the key. If Grier and Flores nailed that pick like I think they did, eventually the other pieces will come together.

At least Flores isn't afraid to make changes, because he may have to again with the offensive line coach.

Then again, we are just three games in. Enough to to make adjustments and right the ship.

Back
Top Bottom