atmosphere in here is too negative | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

atmosphere in here is too negative

Losing does that...& Losing big (Buffalo) does it more

Fans are passionate about this franchise but Im not so sure the franchise is passionate about the fanbase.
Definitely a lot of truth there. The Buffalo loss was a real disappointment and I think there's still the hangover effect there. Personally, thought/hoped that Miami had closed the gap a little bit.

But I do think Ross wants to win and I still think they could with Flores. He's done a lot in his first two years to just claim the sky is falling three games into the season, as some fans have basically said.

He will have to make adjustments, perhaps even more offensive coaching changes. But, he has shown the ability to make those tough decisions.

HA

What is there to be positive about right now dude.... NOTHING

Awful roster, most of our draft picks from the last 3 years straight suck.

Our QB is hurt.

What the **** do you expect. Its been 25 years of losing! If anything were not negative enough.

I agree with the OP; all this negativity really saps the joy out of FH and zaps one's energy to make a constructive contribution.

It should come as no surprise that I believe there is a group guilty of much of this, whom we would be better off without! I've forged many relationships over the years with those with whom I both agree and disagree, have paid my dues here long ago and continue to enjoy posting with, that I'm at a point where I could give a flying **** if my criticism generates animosity among those few.

And that dovetails in with one of my issues: many of us have been long-suffering, active posters here for what seems like forever. We have a benign feel for who's gonna be genuinely optimistic and/or pessimistic among those who have also paid their dues!

OTOH, the problem I have is with those new and relatively new posters who think they can come in and demand attention to their negative, doom and gloom OPs from us strangers any time they have a new brainfart.

..... and/or those newbies or infrequent posters (who have been elsewhere for years) who are really Tua, Flores, GM, Ross "one trick ponies" clogging up the threads with their negativity, often injecting such into positive threads.

IMO, if you have nothing positive to add, you should go elsewhere as FH may be the most robust, knowledgeable and bestest fins forum, but there are other choices too!

I have been consistent in this crusade for well over a decade and if anything, have become even more resolute now!

1632963767501.png

I agree with the OP; all this negativity really saps the joy out of FH and zaps one's energy to make a constructive contribution.

It should come as no surprise that I believe there is a group guilty of much of this, whom we would be better off without! I've forged many relationships over the years with those with whom I both agree and disagree, have paid my dues here long ago and continue to enjoy posting with, that I'm at a point where I could give a flying **** if my criticism generates animosity among those few.

And that dovetails in with one of my issues: many of us have been long-suffering, active posters here for what seems like forever. We have a benign feel for who's gonna be genuinely optimistic and/or pessimistic among those who have also paid their dues!

OTOH, the problem I have is with those new and relatively new posters who think they can come in and demand attention to their negative, doom and gloom OPs from us strangers any time they have a new brainfart.

..... and/or those newbies or infrequent posters (who have been elsewhere for years) who are really Tua, Flores, GM, Ross "one trick ponies" clogging up the threads with their negativity, often injecting such into positive threads.

IMO, if you have nothing positive to add, you should go elsewhere as FH may be the most robust, knowledgeable and bestest fins forum, but there are other choices too!

I have been consistent in this crusade for well over a decade and if anything, have become even more resolute now!

View attachment 86282
I get that you wear your seniority around here like a badge, and you are very protective of the site. It’s noble. But true fans are allowed to express frustration about their once storied franchise that hasn’t gotten anything right in 20 years.

People are frustrated because we want better. People can’t expect it to be Unicorns and Puppy’s when we underachieve year after year and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. It’s unrealistic not to expect people to express their frustrations, especially on a site whose intent is to do just that.

View attachment 86282
You know what I'm sick of (besides the masquerading Alabama fans) is the continued defending of this franchise by those tho just drink the cool-aid year after year and are okay with being this bad.

If your defending this team, after all these inept years, you are part of the problem. We should he furious about how many draft picks have busted. We should be furious about how bad our play calling still is. We should be furious we can't block at all.

We as a fanbase need to do everything in our limited power to provoke change. Boycott the games, quit buying merchandise. Fly a blimp over the stadium with "Ross please sell the team"

We let them get away with this **** because every year its the same preseason hype and joy just to get back handed over and over and over by teams that Ross has owned.

Last edited:
Maybe ...and I get your point.... but At the end of the day I would rather have them rant on here to air themselves out than punch their dog or wife or whatever or shoot somebody in the street in a fit of rage.

I do believe most people on here are not trolls, they're just passionate about the team and just want to win. I am willing to bet that in person most of these people are great people, but on here they seem a little crazy with the rants, but again it's only because they are airing themselves out. As long as it's within the TOS I don't see the issue.

You just have to be able to spot people that are just airing themselves out from people that want to start arguments for just the sake of arguing. I totally understand if you want to talk someone off the ledge with facts, but if you just want to argue and throw more fire on the flame then you become part of the problem. Just think before you post something against someone that may just have needed to get something off their chest.
All this sounds like we have been losing for so long that we should just accept who we are. Not me my friend , I want a super bowl in my lifetime. I’m not gonna accept mediocrity or losing and nobody should. Things can change overnight

I hate to say it but I think Watson is coming. 1st this yr and 1st from next yr He wants to be here and Houston is running out of options. We keep Tua as backup, and as a trade option. Ross wants Watson, I think Flo wants Watson. We are one of the few teams that can afford to trade for him cap-wise. Watson with our weapons is scary. Fuller,Parker,Wilson, Geiski,Waddle. Plus we could always trade Tua to one of the teams that misses on drafting a qb for a 1 and something else. I wish Tua was the answer because if he was we could build a dynasty, however, today if we can get Watson, get him for a reasonable price , Houston does not have many options

The second question is , Is Tua really hurt ? Are the phins making sure he is healthy to trade him to the Texans?

I get that you wear your seniority around here like a badge, and you are very protective of the site. It’s noble. But true fans are allowed to express frustration about their once storied franchise that hasn’t gotten anything right in 20 years.

People are frustrated because we want better. People can’t expect it to be Unicorns and Puppy’s when we underachieve year after year and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. It’s unrealistic not to expect people to express their frustrations, especially on a site whose intent is to do just that.Fan
Fans can express their frustration by posting in already made threads that discuss whatever negativity they seek. There is no need to flood the main forum every time you (and I don't mean YOU) have a thought. This isn't Twitter where one has to post every single thought that passes their brain let alone start a whole thread about it. The same people are starting the same threads and they either get merged or get sent to the locker.

You know what I'm sick out (besides the masquerading Alabama fans) is the continued defending of this franchise by those tho just drink the cool-aid year after year and are okay with being this bad.

If your defending this team, after all these inept years, you are part of the problem. We should he furious about how many draft picks have busted. We should be furious about how bad our play calling still is. We should be furious we can't block at all.

We as a fanbase need to do everything in our limited power to provoke change. Boycott the games, quit buying merchandise. Fly a blimp over the stadium with "Ross please sell the team"

We let them get away with this **** because every year its the same preseason hype and joy just to get back handed over and over and over by teams that Ross has owned.
Find another team that you can crap on.

View attachment 86282
Well spoken brother.

Fans can express their frustration by posting in already made threads that discuss whatever negativity they seek. There is no need to flood the main forum every time you (and I don't mean YOU) have a thought. This isn't Twitter where one has to post every single thought that passes their brain let alone start a whole thread about it. The same people are starting the same threads and they either get merged or get sent to the locker.
Just seeing the title alone is positive zapping.

Back
Top Bottom